Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

I found an easteregg in there that was in the original NH. So to find that easteregg and for some slightly glitchy nostalgia, type in the console, map nighmare_house1.

Great Job. Creepy but not frustrating. The story was interesting and I like the ending. There were only one part int he game that annoyed me. After you are separated from swat and get the the red strobe light area. It was hard see and aim and the crawlers that attacked you. Having the light slightly brighter would have been helpful the notice them. I also didn't like the parts were your light would constantly flicker, very annoying and bugged my eyes. Overall I loved this mod and I think you guys have the potential to make a full sized retail game.

OOOH THEY SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A FREEMAN'S MIND FOR NH2!!!

It'd totally ruin its scaryness, of course :P

I'll take a stab at it, lemme just get my demo recording gear ready. I was going to do one of Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but I won't be able to do that until I get an email back due to some difficulties...

Someone did one of the original map pack on machinima one time I believe.

EDIT: The demo crashed at a point on all high and there were a few problems, I'm either gonna wait for a patch, wait until I get around to getting another computer, or just take another stab at it tomorrow.

I just finished the mod not 5 minutes ago and I just registered just to say HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I don't even know who really made this mod because as soon as the credits started rolling I started steam-messaging all my friends telling them how fucking incredible this mod is.

Seriously, MINERVA hasn't got SHIT on this mod. It's just... Holy shit, it's awesome.

To whoever made this, THANK YOU for making this. It was awesome. I... I love you...

No but seriously, this mod has it ALL. This is like what FEAR 2 should have been. It's got fucking scary moments at the beginning, and fucking badass moments in the middle with the SWAT members, and I actually started to seriously care about the swat guys, which no other mod has done so far - Made me actually give a shit about what happens to the characters. I cared so much, actually, that as soon as I saw that crazy SWAT guy aim his gun at the leader, I was like YOU'RE NOT KILLING HIM MOTHER FUCKER and I shot him and had to restart that part, LOL.

And at the end, it was just awesome for me - Because even though the "enter your mind" parts was scary as hell, especially the mannequin one, I had a kind of grim determination to stop Romero, and because of it IT JUST FUCK GODDAMMIT THIS MOD IS AWESOME.

I also loved all the references... I mean, Doctor Romero is obviously a tribute to George A. Romero, and there's so many things that the scientist says that are funny. (Look at me still talking when there's science to do)

The only thing that would make this mod the greatest mod of all time, is if the SWAT guys at one point said "it's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum." Seriously. Guys. Totally should've put that in, just for the sake of putting it in.

And I love how the swat team like, slowly loses all its men. It makes it that much more epic when you're the last guy left and you go down to Romero's place. I was seriously like, talking to myself when I was going down the elevator - Like "YOU KILLED THE SERGEANT GUY, AND I'M GONNA USE HIS SHOTGUN TO KICK YOUR ASS BITCH." Like, actually getting myself pumped up to beat him.

I could seriously go on about this, but...

I'm gonna go replay it. See ya.

Just played through the game and I was extremely impressed. Most horror games don't seem to even grasp the genre yet you've created a stunning game and with a very small team. I am very thankful for all the hard work you've put into the game and I hope for nothing but success for you in the future. However, I do feel there are a few things that could be improved upon.

First, and this is a rather small one, I felt the ending to the prologue was a little unintuitive when you had to run back out to your car. It's a little hard to see through the thick trees and would probably be improved a bit if the headlights were visible from the house porch.

Second, I don't feel that the automated intercom quick worked. It never gave me the impression that it was playing automated messages. Maybe that could by making the woman's voice a little more robotic and revising the lines to make them shorter and more professional.

Third, the "automated scare system". It's a pretty clever idea, but it might be more effective if it wouldn't replay the same scenario multiple times. It never replayed anything fast or often enough to hinder the experience and it never even gave me the impression that the scenarios were randomly occurring, but it would be creepier if the smacking only occurred once and the rest of the time there was just a random noise.

Fourth, the rooms that changed the layout when you looked away. Again, very clever. It's also one of the more impressive things you managed to pull off with the engine. But the problem with it is I feel that once you know that the room you're in changes its layout when you look away it becomes too predictable. It soon turned into a goal to warp the room as many times as possible so you can progress. A bit of unpredictability would really make those areas shine.

Finally, I disliked the end chapter to the game. To be fair, I don't know how I would of ended a game like this. Having a combat-focused climax in a horror game never made a whole lot of sense to me. But again, I'm not sure what I would of done different. But as for the story, I felt it needs a bit more to warrant the scientist trying to kill you, since through most of the game he's actively trying to help you and he only becomes hostile once he finds out the SWAT member told you to kill him. It makes perfect sense, but you aren't given much of a reason to hate the scientist up until that point(maybe showing a tormented soul or two would do the trick?) so it just feels weird that the game tells you to kill him. I did go after him the first time playing through, if only because the ghost begged me to do so when I was about to leave. Throwing in a scene that shows the scientist starting to lose his mind a bit would make him a little easier to hate and really help the story out.

But as I've said it's an amazing game and you should be proud of what you've accomplished with it.

I messed around in the file. (Change mp5 from 45 ammo to 30)

BTW what is that pistol called?

Nevermind, i changed the pistol from 18 to 7.

Edit: I also change the ammo kind of mp5 from "smg1" to "pistol"

WOW!

first of all, I have to say. AMAZING! this mod is prefect. way better then F.E.A.R. I't gave me something to do every minute i played. not just to shoot some bed guys. WOW!

any way, I FOUND A MISTAKE!!! in the start of chepter 6. the SWAT leader is talking on the radio with the chooper about aborting the mission. he says they have one civilian (you) and one KIA (as for Killed In Action, referes to johnson). and after thet one SWAT guy is saying "You didn't see johnson have you?". why doe's they refer to johnson as KIA if they don't know where he is? they shold refer him as MIA (as for Missing In Action). I don't think any of the SWAT team know johnson was dead. so why the KIA and not MIA?

Even the mighty Hen Mazolski do some mistake's. I DESERVE A REFUND!!!

Great Mod, best Horror Mod ever.

Would be more awesome with Achievements.

I might play this mod agian this weekend or maybe today but then on hard.

I gave it 10/10 on Moddb, hope to see more horror or any other mods from you guys.

<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;">Great Mod ;D.. Only thing I was disappointed with was the ending.. "Thank you".. lol. The story overall was strong and the mapping, models etc. was awesome. I experienced a little bug thou. Where the two vans is where you have to activate the forklift, the bots didn't respond at the door at first. But I reloaded the game and it worked like a charm ;D Thanks for creating these mods. Really love them ;D<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">I feel like we don't know the entire history of

Emily, Romero and their house

...<br style="text-shadow: none;">And I think I still didn't understand the reasons for the zombies...

Are they victims of the Core? And didn't the Core just affected people mind?

<br style="text-shadow: none;">This is what I understood:<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;">1-Emily and Romero were married, and for some reason she commited suicide. Maybe he cheated her, because she was really mad and also she killed him.<br style="text-shadow: none;">2-The "demons"(creepy "zombies") are just your imajination, but they still can kill you.<br style="text-shadow: none;">3-the girl hates everyone and is tearing everyones in pieces for some reason.<br style="text-shadow: none;">4-Emily saved you from NH1 zombies and you went to the NLH Hospital. The reason for being in Mad Room can be:<br style="text-shadow: none;">a) they just thought you were crazy.<br style="text-shadow: none;"> B) Romero put you there so you think NH1 was just a nightmare.<br style="text-shadow: none;">5-the things the game makes obvious, for example the SWAT objective.<br style="text-shadow: none;">BTW nice P0rtal refetence! "look at me still talking where there's science to do".<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">edit:<br style="text-shadow: none;">

<br style="text-shadow: none;">Btw:<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">i havnt seen anyone mention this.<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">Has anyone noticed that when you have to go ontop of the containers and through the vent to open the door for the SAWT's that when ur in the vent and look through the opening, that they are dead? :D <br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">genious.<br style="text-shadow: none;">
<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"> I noticed!<br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;"><br style="text-shadow: none;">

You have it all wrong. I don't know about the storyline but Emily wasn't trying to kill you, and I think the skeletons and blood and shit were all from the zombies, which she was killing.

<br style="text-shadow: none;">

Please stop trying to use HTML in your post. It wont work here.

Emily is Romero's wife. He made a mistake when using the core and killed her/turned her into zombie. He made the same mistake at the hospital which is why there are so many zombies.

I never said she was trying to kill YOU. But didn't SHE killed that swat that were pulled by something and teared in pieces? Hm... Now I'm starting to think that was a zombie...

And I thought she suicided because she was with a rope in her neck hanging from the ceiling in NH:Remake, a.k.a. the prologue of NH2

NH2 IS SOOOOO FUN! I am never going to uninstall it ever! I'll keep it forever!!!! smile.gif The game is just like a REAL game!

WOW!

first of all, I have to say. AMAZING! this mod is prefect. way better then F.E.A.R. I't gave me something to do every minute i played. not just to shoot some bed guys. WOW!

any way, I FOUND A MISTAKE!!! in the start of chepter 6. the SWAT leader is talking on the radio with the chooper about aborting the mission. he says they have one civilian (you) and one KIA (as for Killed In Action, referes to johnson). and after thet one SWAT guy is saying "You didn't see johnson have you?". why doe's they refer to johnson as KIA if they don't know where he is? they shold refer him as MIA (as for Missing In Action). I don't think any of the SWAT team know johnson was dead. so why the KIA and not MIA?

Are you new to english? Also, I don't think thats a mistake. They saw Johnson get pulled into that airvent and only his gun came out. So they really thought he was dead. During the game, when you get split up from the SWAT, you find Johnson somehow. But then he dies from... acculty, we never knew how he died. We just saw him on the floor dying, then died. And the SWAT probably asked that just to make sure

Edit: Don't say you diserve a refund! Thats not nice! You should just say that you still liked the game even knowing there were some mistakes. Also, when I played, I found no major bugs exept one: Lol, I was going forward the second time you are with the SWAT, trying to get to the EVAC Point, one of the SWAT disappeared. It was at the part when you have to get in the airvents and unlock the door from behind. But after that, he respawned. :) I guess it isn't a major one than.

Edited by house

NH2 IS SOOOOO FUN! I am never going to uninstall it ever! I'll keep it forever!!!! smile.gif The game is just like a REAL game!

WOW!

Are you new to english? Also, I don't think thats a mistake. They saw Johnson get pulled into that airvent and only his gun came out. So they really thought he was dead. During the game, when you get split up from the SWAT, you find Johnson somehow. But then he dies from... acculty, we never knew how he died. We just saw him on the floor dying, then died. And the SWAT probably asked that just to make sure

sorry if my english is bad.

anyway, Hen said he was just lazy to fix the sound. so yes it is a mistake.

the SWAT guys didn't saw him being killed or die. just missing. he's MIA not KIA. and because johnson is not with you, the SWAT guy is talking like you probably didn't saw him.

edit: I DESERVE EVERY $ I PAID FOR THIS GAME! and because it's free i get 0$. lucky me!

Great Mod, best Horror Mod ever.

Would be more awesome with Achievements.

I might play this mod agian this weekend or maybe today but then on hard.

I gave it 10/10 on Moddb, hope to see more horror or any other mods from you guys.

Indeed, achievements would be great.

Also commentary.

This mod is amazing, definitely the best I have ever played. I think that the Constant scares in the first one made it more scary, but the story in the second one made up for it. The entire team deserves to be awarded a medal and tons of money. I am waiting for a third to come out :P.

And yes, Romero's horse is amazing.

This mod is amazing, definitely the best I have ever played. I think that the Constant scares in the first one made it more scary, but the story in the second one made up for it. The entire team deserves to be awarded a medal and tons of money. I am waiting for a third to come out :P .

And yes, Romero's horse is amazing.

And it tastes like raisins!

This might or might not be an easter egg, but if you turn right and crouch-jump through the reception desk at the main entrance and head through the door, u find the charred remains of the announcer who promptly asks you to leave. She says something like, "I do not wish for you to see me like this, please leave NOW"

Just wanted to throw my congrats and Excellent Job into the ring as well. I remember playing the original NH, and thinking 'man this is really cool, especially when the girl flashed unexpectedly in the hallway'. Talk about taking things to a whole new level!

The story and gameplay were excellent, and I must congratulate your sound guys/gals on an terrific job. The ambiance, timing, and sound effects were icing on the cake to an overall great mod. It takes a very creative and dedicated team to pull of something of this scale, and your work shows. You know its quality when I find myself going 'HOLY CRAP that was awesome!' multiple times thoughout a FREE modification. Oh, and I loved the skybox with the huge moon. :)

Like others have said I think my favorite parts where the shrinking hallway ending with the girl hanging above you, and the swat turned mannequin behind the window. I literally went WTF out loud at that part.

Kudos also for all the easter eggs, some of which I found, others I read about here. I did find one that hasn't been mentioned yet, on the bookshelves in the later levels. A nod to a great movie!:

nh1.jpg

Also, among the numerous ones found in the doctor's office/room on the bulletin board, I saw these papers with some times written on them, and what looks like some kind of code. Anyone know what they mean?

nh2.jpg

EDIT: Well the codes are apparently YouTube videos! The first and last ones go to the NH2 Trailer, but I haven't gotten the middle one to work. Anyone else? Still not sure what the times are for...

And I have to ask, bc obviously I missed them, what the deal with:

1) Romero's horse?

2) Where can I find the lemonade girl?

All in all incredible, excellent, and superb job all around.

Woah, this was really a solid mod. Didn't except it to have such high production values. Sweet job.

During my first playthough I found this little easter egg. Hilarious to see that you've considered players like me always checking places like this:

jqq64n.png

Also enjoyed the various nods to genre. The horror tropes you've used(Broken car that wasn't an accident. The wife going against the husband. The friend guiding you that turns out to be an enemy), the homage to master Romero, and the general well handled usage of known scare tactics. The mannequins from Condemned. Overall the game was much more effective than F.E.A.R

Just wanted to throw my congrats and Excellent Job into the ring as well. I remember playing the original NH, and thinking 'man this is really cool, especially when the girl flashed unexpectedly in the hallway'. Talk about taking things to a whole new level!

The story and gameplay were excellent, and I must congratulate your sound guys/gals on an terrific job. The ambiance, timing, and sound effects were icing on the cake to an overall great mod. It takes a very creative and dedicated team to pull of something of this scale, and your work shows. You know its quality when I find myself going 'HOLY CRAP that was awesome!' multiple times thoughout a FREE modification. Oh, and I loved the skybox with the huge moon. :)

Like others have said I think my favorite parts where the shrinking hallway ending with the girl hanging above you, and the swat turned mannequin behind the window. I literally went WTF out loud at that part.

Kudos also for all the easter eggs, some of which I found, others I read about here. I did find one that hasn't been mentioned yet, on the bookshelves in the later levels. A nod to a great movie!:

nh1.jpg

Also, among the numerous ones found in the doctor's office/room on the bulletin board, I saw these papers with some times written on them, and what looks like some kind of code. Anyone know what they mean?

nh2.jpg

EDIT: Well the codes are apparently YouTube videos! The first and last ones go to the NH2 Trailer, but I haven't gotten the middle one to work. Anyone else? Still not sure what the times are for...

And I have to ask, bc obviously I missed them, what the deal with:

1) Romero's horse?

2) Where can I find the lemonade girl?

All in all incredible, excellent, and superb job all around.

Open the game developer console, and write down: "map this_is_not_a_easter_egg"

Without the -"- of course, and enjoy.

I played true the game a wile ago, but i was inactive for a couple of days,

I have to say i really enjoined the Mod, it had a great environment and many good scares,

and can't say much bad about the Mod, other then the ending felt a bit rushed to me..

Still I would rate it a 9.5 / 10! it was near perfect in any way.

great compliments to the entire team that worked on this,

and i hope to achieve something like this myself one day..

I'm looking forward to future mods to come! :wink:

I played true the game a wile ago, but i was inactive for a couple of days,

I have to say i really enjoined the Mod, it had a great environment and many good scares,

and can't say much bad about the Mod, other then the ending felt a bit rushed to me..

Still I would rate it a 9.5 / 10! it was near perfect in any way.

great compliments to the entire team that worked on this,

and i hope to achieve something like this myself one day..

I'm looking forward to future mods to come! :wink:

We all do, Hen is currently working on something, but I have no idea what on.