Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

I played true the game a wile ago, but i was inactive for a couple of days,

I have to say i really enjoined the Mod, it had a great environment and many good scares,

and can't say much bad about the Mod, other then the ending felt a bit rushed to me..

Still I would rate it a 9.5 / 10! it was near perfect in any way.

great compliments to the entire team that worked on this,

and i hope to achieve something like this myself one day..

I'm looking forward to future mods to come! :wink:

We all do, Hen is currently working on something, but I have no idea what on.

I think I read somewhere that NeatNit knows the secret...

Hey, I have a question about the reversed Emily clips:

Why did they start getting serious after the first few? You never hear them normally in game I think...

Also, I think she should have said, in the boss chamber, in reverse: To win the game you must kill me, John Romero. Then again, you already did have a few doom references. And, looking back, the final boss did remind me of DOOM II, some Romero spawning baddies while you have to destroy him... it's a stretch, but kind of makes sense...

Hey guys,

I've just played this mod and finished it about 10 minutes ago. the only thing I thought was: "How EPIC can this mod get?" You guys created the best mod out there. Period.

You guys did a fabulous job, and you should be proud of yourself!

Greetings from the Netherlands!

Open the game developer console, and write down: "map this_is_not_a_easter_egg"

Without the -"- of course, and enjoy.

Holy freakin ROFL x 10 WTF was that, I don't even know but I loved it LOL :lol: This mod just gets better and better.

I'm not working on anything right now.

@Raptor LIAMA, only the file names with a small R before the numbers are not serious, because they are random sounds that are used by the auto scare system.

I gotta say, the mapping in this is awesome, I especially loved the corridor one, when you looked back, it had closed in on you etc.

Thanks to hen as well for helping me when I got stuck :P

Just had to sign up to say that this is definitely the best mod I have ever played as it goes into so much detail about what is going on around you, the graphics the voice acting the atmosphere and the creepy sounds all came together to create a great professional masterpiece, the ending was great as i was not expecting it so that was a fun twist but my favorite part was where your inside some contained area with whats rest of the squad and you have to go through a vent to open a door on the other side, while going through the vent I noticed an area where you could look down at the squad but what really shocked me was to see them turn into bloody skeletons,I thought in my head "here we go im alone again" I felt safe with that squad backing me up and I was not expecting to lose them. I felt kinda sad as I really liked that squad as it really felt like you were all trying to get outta there, It was good to see them again though, until later on.

Many Thanks to all the people who were involved with creating the mod it was to intense and greatly presented. This mod is definitely worth 10/10.

Awesome game, played it like 5 times now!

<muted snigger from development team>

As for all the easter eggs, rofl.

You guys did a great accomplishment with Hammer Editor, I could never do anything like that.

Congrats!

Hen, i found another Egg, the one where you are in the main desk and you noclip behind it and walk down the corridor to a survellience room. And the voice says "I do not wish you to see me like this, please leave now!".

First off, let me say. Wow. This was amazing. As a huge fan of horror games, I was thoroughly impressed. So many great ideas were put into this mod. I think some of the voice actors could have used some work. That's about it. Except....The ending. It wasn't that it was bad, or too difficult. It just didn't fit. When the extraction to the helicopter was starting, I could see the crash coming. This was unlike the rest of the game, which was totally unpredictable. Then the Core segment. It was an interesting and fun final scene. I just thought it took away from the overall atmosphere and experience of the game. During the segments of leaving the room into the scarier situations. I wasn't as tense as I was during the rest of the game. It felt like it was taken from a sci-fi thriller and just put into place in the wrong game. From what I've seen. I know the people who worked on this can do much better. I really did enjoy it, though. I don't want to make anyone feel bad. I could never come close to thinking of anything as great as this.

WOW. Simply amazing.

5/5 scare factor.

You guys did amazing, my buddy and me played through this game and we almost pissed ourselves..multiple times.

Keep doing what you're doing because you're doing it right.

Honestly, I'm a huge Silent Hill fan and that game was WAYYY scarier.

Please make more.

SPOILER ALERT! My favorite part of the game was the end of chapter 3 where the hallway keeps narrowing..and when it finally gets as small as it can..you look up..AND HOLY SHIT EMILY.

Good luck on making future mods.

10/10.

I found one easteregg and one bug(I couldn't make pics because it wouldn't let me. sad.gif )

1. I was just noclipping around, and I nocliped back up the vent you fell out of in Chapter 4: Operation, and I found Hens Picture back up in the vent.

2. I think... Its when a creepy zombie passes by on the ceiling in Chapter 4: Operation, in the subtitle, it says "Gunship" I think the SWAT said something and the subtitle said something else.

Thats what I found.