Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

There are a few spelling mistakes I didn't see, like "worst".

I'll see if I can get them fixed when we release NH2 commentary, for now I'm busy coding for a project of mine. It's pretty early alpha but hopefully I can get it to beta in the next 6 months.

I found one that I think noone else has found yet.

when the swat chief dies his torch is next to him on the ground. Bring it with you down to the announcers room. Your own flashlight cannot be turned on in there, but his torch will light up automatically. Look around in the Announcers room and you should see this:

nightmarehouseeasteregg.png

nightmarehouseeasteregg2.png

I found one that I think noone else has found yet.

I found that 2 days ago, when i was searching for eastereggs :-). It's a great easteregg indeed! I've seen many people, who only have seen the corpse and not her shadow :o I found it because i thought the flash light item looked cool xD I took it with me because... I needed something to defend myself with xD Well, that's how i found the easteregg. Pretty random, though :D

so yeah, nightmare house 2 just shat my pants. thanks guys, these were my good batman boxers. now how will I fight crime? lol I love the game and it was well worth the wait. can't wait to lose bowel control on the moon.

also, has anyone gone through Emily's texture files? ;)

I was only disappointed by two things... Everything else was just perfect.

1. Please change the vignetting filter(the black fade in) for the hud. It's not a bad idea its just you guys need a little less :/.

2. Bummer:( hen wised up...

post-16834-128373254566.jpg

Also, hi everyone! long time! Also hen... can I sample your sounds for myself?

UBOA.... in my nightmare house2....... GODDAMN YEA!!!!!

Didn't know that the developer knew about Yume Nikki.

Hen knows everything. I mean literally EVERYTHING :ohshit:

UBOA.... in my nightmare house2....... GODDAMN YEA!!!!!

Didn't know that the developer knew about Yume Nikki.

Hen knows everything. I mean literally EVERYTHING Green_Colorz_PDT_38.gif

Can he tell me how much things are in my house?

Help: Hen, How did you make NH2 require Ep2? I've tryed making a portal mod also require HL2 but I just couldn't make it work. :(

You suck fu**, she dead.

"You sick fu*k! She's dead!" ***

hey popcornman, is it alright if you scale your signature down a bit or put it in spoiler tags? thanks.

You suck fu**, she dead.

"You sick fu*k! She's dead!" ***

hey popcornman, is it alright if you scale your signature down a bit or put it in spoiler tags? thanks.

fixed*

what can i say? it's the best singleplayer mod I played ever,the only game I have been afraid apart from FEAR

and if you put subtitles in Spanish better yet

sorry for my English :)

Hello WeCreateStuff,

Yesterday my new computer got fixed and now everything is working. And I have been rushing through sites in internet to check for news I have missed. And there it is... NIGHTMARE HOUSE 2! I was the shit happy. I downloaded the mod, start playing it and when I finished i loved the ending. Well, the one that Emily doesn't kill you. And I have to say, that this mod deserves to be 1st place at moddb. Everything was perfect.

Long story short: NIGHTMARE HOUSE 2 ROCKZ AND NO OTHER MOD CAN BE THAT GOOD.

I finally convinced a friend of mine to sit tight with me so I could finish my narrative commentary, Ghost Plays, of Nightmare House 2 and recorded the last ten episodes tonight, effectively finishing the game.

It was hard at some parts, because I would use cl_drawhud 0 to hide my HUD and then it would randomly appear at certain points in the game, but I got past that. I found that if I had someone listening (While muted.) on Skype while I narrated I could control what I was saying and stay in character throughout the whole time, and could get feedback at the end of each recording, which was awesome.

I had promised myself I'd finish the series while playing the game for the first time so I could have the best reactions throughout, and I think that really showed: The part with the dummies... Those fucking dummies.

"What do you mean, 'thumbs-up'? Oh, now you unlock the door? Thanks a lot you di-- OH MY GOD WHAT THE FUCK."

There were so many parts that got me, especially the tunnel that slowly closed on you. I got so confused as to how to progress when it was just the size of a box that I stopped the episode recording and decided I'd figure it out before going on so as not to create a dull point in the episode. I was casually chatting with someone and suddenly I look up... Son of a bitch, I wish I had done that in the episode: My reaction was fucking priceless.

NH2 was fantastic, it's going to be hard to find a new singleplayer mod, or even game for that matter, that'll be as fun to do a narrative commentary of. Congratulations to everyone on the team, I really wish I was older and had more experience so I could work with you guys or a similar team of your excellence. But for now, I'll remain the happy-to-play-and-act gamer.

NH2 Mappers, I have a Problem for mapping, I don't know how to use Trigger_looks. I tried using some, but they didn't work.

:( They didn't trigger what they were supposed to trigger. :(

Questions:

1. The SWAT came to kill Romero. Why didn't the girl also help them stay alive?

2. Is there a reason why the Girl was kneeling down near Johnson when he was dying?

3. What pulled the SWAT guy under the gate and ate/killed him?

4. Do the SWAT guys say different things each time you play? I was kinda noticing it.

5. Every part when your vison turns gray and Emily says something, Is she saying it in reverse???

6. Were there weapons you were going to add but didn't? (Cut weapons)

7. Were there NPCS you were going to add but didn't? ( Cut NPCS, I know, the Creeper, But besides that.)

8. Were there any maps/levels you were going to add but didn't? (Cut Map/levels)

9. Is NH2 during HL2? Or is it in the normal world how it is right now?

Last Question: 10. What Next mod will you awesomely make?

Questions:

2. Is there a reason why the Girl was kneeling down near Johnson when he was dying?

4. Do the SWAT guys say different things each time you play? I was kinda noticing it.

5. Every part when your vison turns gray and Emily says something, Is she saying it in reverse???

7. Were there NPCS you were going to add but didn't? ( Cut NPCS, I know, the Creeper, But besides that.)

8. Were there any maps/levels you were going to add but didn't? (Cut Map/levels)

1. One of her sound files reverted says "your friends are fine" or something.

2. something to do with number one, I guess...

4. yes

5. yes

9. Normal world

My possible answer for 1 and 2 is...

Did you remember Johnson was dragged away by these fast zombie? Maybe Emily tried to keep him away from painful death even being rip into pieces.

Emily did said something like "He is taking another life..." Which mean Remero killed another person.

Questions:

1 - Who say she didn't? she even tried to save one of them from dying.

2 - ^

3 - Who knows.

4 - Yes, they are.

5 - Yes, she does.

6 - Not really, we had some kind of a flare system we cut.

7 - Creeper, and a Hulk which was some kind of a mini boss (using the poison zombie AI)

8 - There are a few old versions of NH2, which I'm going to release soon.

9 - NH2 has nothing to do with HL2.

10 - There won't be any more mods, maybe a full game if I'll have the time and resources, not in the near future though.

Can somebody tell me why at the end of NH:R there is a screamer? From the visions of the Boss fight, Emily just throws the car at the zombies and that's it? It would make much sense if the zombies were screaming...

Can somebody tell me why at the end of NH:R there is a screamer? From the visions of the Boss fight, Emily just throws the car at the zombies and that's it? It would make much sense if the zombies were screaming...

I don't think I understand what you're saying.