Hen7

NH2 discussion thread (only if you finished)

208 posts in this topic

Me neither, at first. But I didn't rate him down, because I tried to find some sense in it. He really isn't the sort of guy that would just bump a thread with a useless comment :)

Now please someone press the tumbs up to "undo" that post's unnecessary negativity(what?)

EDIT:

Me neither, at first. But I didn't rate him down, because I tried to find some sense in it. He really isn't the sort of guy that would just bump a thread with a useless comment :)

I'm not? :P

Edited by ruanito 3.0

I played this game on 3 screens in 3D @ 5760 x 1080 Nvidia Surround. Umm.. WOW.

I have never checked my 6 more times in the first 10 minutes of a game, lol. You guys have mastered the art of suspense, pop-ups and downright anxious fear Green_Colorz_PDT_23.gif

Everyone should play this game over again in 3D Surround. Crap your pants all over again biggrin.gif

Excellent work 'We Create Stuff' team. I would definitely pay money for a sequel to this. Outstanding!

I played this game on 3 screens in 3D @ 5760 x 1080 Nvidia Surround. Umm.. WOW.

I have never checked my 6 more times in the first 10 minutes of a game, lol. You guys have mastered the art of suspense, pop-ups and downright anxious fear Green_Colorz_PDT_23.gif

Everyone should play this game over again in 3D Surround. Crap your pants all over again biggrin.gif

Excellent work 'We Create Stuff' team. I would definitely pay money for a sequel to this. Outstanding!

Wow, I thought those stuff were myths.

I absolutely LOVED this game. ( it's too awesome to be a mod. )

I enjoyed the part where you get slapped to draw your attention to the dummies. It seems like Emily is saying "hey dipshit, look over here." it also scared me REALLY badly when I dropped a flare near one, because it looked like... Like someone without skin. But when I looked again, it was gone. What the FUCK?! Was all I could think for like a minute straight.

when i got to the hallway of lights that shut off one by one, i also thought "holy shit, this was my idea! but who knows about that one.

Edited by NightMarr

The game was great I didnt even know you can do these things with the source engine. It was scarry I even jumped one time when a burnt body jumped at me. But it`s not scary in a totaly sick way like fear 2. I think it`s a REALLY good game and its a mod for one of the greatest games ever. I thank all the developers that realised this game.I even reversed some of the sounds of the ghost woman and she says nightmare house 3 will take place on the moon and I saw the easter egg map :D SWEET LEMONADE :D .

I just have to say WOW. That is the single greatest mod i have ever played. I loved every part of it and was freaked out most of the way. The only thing i disliked is the repetetiveness of the endless hallways. The first few were cool but by the vent it (for me) was like not this again. Otherwise great. I also like the way you changed it up from the zombies with the shadows and the maniquins. Anyways amazing mod and I would just as willing to play it if i had to pay for it.

Also did anyone realise that in the prologue there is a childs playroom with blood everywhere? Maybe why emily hung herself and went after romero.

Congrats on the First Place Single Player mod of the year! This is definitely well deserved, this Mod is fantastic, and manages to pack so much content and scares into an amazing game, that I have played over and over again :) The intelligence of the scares and tension really amazed me, and while some ideas were clearly inspired by some other notable games, I think that Nightmare House 2 actually managed to pull of many scares better than some of the commercial games on the market. The section with the S.W.A.T. team was also a brilliant idea, and very well executed.

Overall, congratulations on an extremely creepy, scary, and very well made game!

Congrats on the First Place Single Player mod of the year! This is definitely well deserved, this Mod is fantastic, and manages to pack so much content and scares into an amazing game, that I have played over and over again :) The intelligence of the scares and tension really amazed me, and while some ideas were clearly inspired by some other notable games, I think that Nightmare House 2 actually managed to pull of many scares better than some of the commercial games on the market. The section with the S.W.A.T. team was also a brilliant idea, and very well executed.

Overall, congratulations on an extremely creepy, scary, and very well made game!

I'm afraid you were mistaken, NH2 didn't win any MODDB award...

NH2 was the second place in the MOTY contest.

The first place mod was multiplayer

||

\/

NH2 is the best singleplayer mod of the year.

Q.E.D.

Hey hen, when i was looking in the files, i saw you imported the pyro's beanie into nh2. Why? Was it for an npc, prop, or the player? Speaking of players, who do you play as in nh2?

BTW: i f***in' love nh2. The mapping is brilliant. It's scary and fun, and it has zombies and a ton of easter eggs. It's right up my alley. And when you released the source files, i was so F***in', gos damn exictied. I'd love a co-op mod of nh2, or a mappack for it.

~ Stinger

Hey hen, when i was looking in the files, i saw you imported the pyro's beanie into nh2. Why? Was it for an npc, prop, or the player?

It was used in a secret map in NH2 called this_is_not_a_easter_egg. Go in the console and type: map this_is_not_a_easter_egg

Hey hen, when i was looking in the files, i saw you imported the pyro's beanie into nh2. Why? Was it for an npc, prop, or the player?

It was used in a secret map in NH2 called this_is_not_a_easter_egg. Go in the console and type: map this_is_not_a_easter_egg

lol i had that hat.

okay, i've been replaying this for about the 14th time, and i noticed something strange...

it might be my paranoia, but... does anyone see people standing around corners and shadows appearing at of nowhere? because i've been seeing it a LOT. i'm starting to worry about my mental health, now. its probably not a part of the A.S.S., either. but i'm starting to get really freaked out.

still awesome, by the way. i love it as much as when i first played through it.

Hello NH2 devs

I just finished the game and I have to say it was the most amazing game I have played this year. You guys have done a really fantastic job for a Half-Life 2 mod =D

However I have a single question, is there any way I can donate money to your team?

Cheers, Anton

Also, cleverly done on emily_reversed_r1.wav

Its been a while since I commented, well, actaully, A REALLY long while! I'm reinstalling NH2, I saw a few easter eggs and bugs people did on youtube I never saw. Anyways, I have one easter egg I found in the official trailer. If you pause RIGHT AT THE RIGHT TIME when the elevator falls down, you can see Emily's ghost.