Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ido

Music discussion

18 posts in this topic

So as a player in NH2, I gotta admit the music was awesome. It's not only about how it fits the atmosphere, but also the execution with the given scenes and gameplay.

Possible spoilers ahead:

A good part imo, if you get into Romero's room before the boss, the short piano part is really touching. And the bossfight music was really unique - I think some will say it doesn't perfectly fit, but I found it very refreshing and energetic, good stuff.

I think my favorite music part is when you reach the extraction point, right before the chopper 'lands'. This whole scene was very well made.

Let's hear it for Koolfox (Yoav) and Aidin for the wonderful OST they made for NH2!

The soundtrack was simply fantastic! I can't imagine how did they make it. And it suits every scene perfectly.

And I agree about the helicopter part, it was simply amazing, although I kinda ruin it for myself, I wasn't concetrating while playing that part.

And I have a question for Koolfox and Aidin, did you use real musical instruments? Or some kind of program of such? Or a keyboard?

Uploaded the full version of the Boss Battle music, since many seemed to enjoy it very much:

Also the Teaser's music:

Anyway, thanks everyone who enjoyed my music :), if you got any questions regarding the musics or the sounds even

Fun fact: I did the voices for the zombies, by just screaming and growling in 2 AM...

The soundtrack was simply fantastic! I can't imagine how did they make it. And it suits every scene perfectly.

And I agree about the helicopter part, it was simply amazing, although I kinda ruin it for myself, I wasn't concetrating while playing that part.

And I have a question for Koolfox and Aidin, did you use real musical instruments? Or some kind of program of such? Or a keyboard?

The software I used for making all of NH2's music is FL Studio, and sometimes Sony Vegas for making the music for the trailers.

About Aidin I'm not sure, though I know he has a keyboard he plays with.

In thebfinal boss battle song, to me it sounded like many sounds were played in reverse. Is that true?

Nice observation but none of the instruments in that song are playing in reverse :).

Cool, hope for full version.

Ambush2 is used on first part with SWAT isn't it? It bring the good feeling.

Ambush is used in dark tunnel, so it fit.

Can't you just copy them from the mod files?

Can't you think before you post? I was asking about full tracks, the tracks in the game are loops and such mostly. And example:

Search for the mod files and tell me the difference.

Can't you just copy them from the mod files?

Can't you think before you post? I was asking about full tracks, the tracks in the game are loops and such mostly. And example:

Search for the mod files and tell me the difference.

Yours is cooler