Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mrkrabz

NH2 Multiplayer Tutorial.

10 posts in this topic

Basically I have been wanting to make it multilayer to play with a friend on Skype. And I know many of you guys have also wanted to play it multilayer. Since this has not got a server browser or anything, you will have to do connect in console, but here is what you got to do. Also this is not perfect, as the trigger in the map are made for single player etc.

Also, before I start, I have no idea if I'm allowed to post this, but I guess I will find out :)

1. First, locate to your NH2 folder in Source-mods.

2. open gameinfo.txt

3. change singleplayer_only to multiplayer_only

4. go into the folder 'cfg' then open autoexec.cfg

5. add on a new line: maxplayers 2 (or how many players you want)

6. Done!

When you start your game it will automaticly create a server, and you won't be able to move (stuck on the menu) so do changelevel in console and change it to the first map. Ta-da!

However if you die, it will say, cant save in multiplayer! and you will have to do changelevel again.

If anyone has way's to fix that, please say :)

I haven't tested, but it sounds like it would work! Cool :D

As a singleplayer mod with a TON of code and script in it to make it work, it's surprising that it can work in Multiplayer at all, even like this.

Edit: you should put it in the title that this is Multiplayer. Having in the description is not enough.

Considering that things like trigger_look (which NH2 uses extensively) doesn't even *work* in MP...

I'd expect this to be glitchy as hell. For one thing, I don't think there'll be any player models...

Yes, it's glitchy, you can see each other as the BASE model, which is that weird grey guy, and barley any animations. You also spawn in each other at spawn. It works, however sometimes one of you will have to noclip. Also I noticed I crashed allot of times. however I don't think that was caused by multiplayer.

I also tried in synergy, it worked perfect, you could see each other as a rebel, however no models were working, it was the default one's e.g the Axe was a crowbar, so we quit as it was not scary :(

I have yet not completed it as it seems to crash, on level 3-4 I think it is. and on level 1 when you open the first door.

Edit: also hen add me on steam, scorpion1543. I have some weird things.

ohmy.gif SOOOO AWESOME! I'LL DO THIS WHEN MY DAD FINISHES PLAYING NH2! We can play TOGETHER! THIS WILL BE AWESOME!!!!!

@Mrkrabz Umm... you said it worked in Synergy, Correct? But... Do you mean in the NH2 maps? But, then wouldn't there be SOOOOO many errors?

No, there are no errors. As they only have Custom Materials and Weapons. which are NOT loaded in, however the materials are. The thing is, the models are RESET for example there custom axe they have, it would be a crowbar. same with pistol etc.

No, there are no errors. As they only have Custom Materials and Weapons. which are NOT loaded in, however the materials are. The thing is, the models are RESET for example there custom axe they have, it would be a crowbar. same with pistol etc.

Well, I have synergy, but how am I supposed to mount NH2? It doesn't show in the box to mount games. :(