Photo

Portal:TFV for iPhone (please)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Portal:TFV for iPhone (please) (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Whaddya think? Portal: The iPhone Version?

1. Hell yes! (5 votes [71.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Too much work. (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. NO. (1 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Abstractman

Abstractman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

Every week or two I search up 'Portal' in the App Store. I get Portal Sound boards, I get Steam community apps, and I get Orange Box Walkthroughs. The closest I got to a game about Portal was a game where you have to destroy cubes. It isn't very good in my opinion (it's called Portal 2: Box Destroy).

So, I was thinking.

Portal would be a great game to play on iPhone and/or Android. TFV is a great port of Portal.

Portal: The iPhone Version!!!

I don't know how difficult this would be, as I've heard that CS5 has the ability to convert .swf files to iPhone apps. Android, I hear is easy to create for, at least I've heard.

I sketched a layout and traced a level from the Flash Version to kinda see what it would look like.

Large:iportals-large.jpg

iPhone size:iportals-mini.jpg

So, how about it?

Maybe another title: iPortals?

#2 iggle

iggle

SuperKarp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts
  • Google Talk:[email protected]
  • Steam:iggpowered
  • Xbox Live:iggbox

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:55 PM

Errb... probably would run into copyright issues. And btw support for mac devices has been discontinued because of apple but it is still continuing for android. http://labs.adobe.co...kagerforiphone/

And also if you are making a poll fix the choices.
Awesome Extraordinaire

#3 eXeC

eXeC

WCS Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,109 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

To port it to iphone it would have to be rewritten from scratch in C using XCode on an Apple Mac.

See the problem here? Apple closed it all off, we can't do anything without paying them ridiculous amounts of money.
There are only two kinds of people who are really fascinating; people who know absolutely everything, and people who know absolutely nothing.

- Oscar Wilde

#4 Ido

Ido

We Create Stuff Team

• Administrators
  • 1,049 posts
  • Steam:ido__tal
  • Xbox Live:iCreateStuff

Posted 07 September 2010 - 12:23 PM

Abstractman, we receive these kind of requests ever since we released P:TFV. You're going to have to convince Valve to expand and develop mobile games, and then hire us. And that's not likely to happen as they never outsource their work, let alone make 'small-time' kind of games (such as casual mobile apps) for a few extra bucks.

Personally, I'd love to make it, and play it (touch version of 2D Portal). The only way around the copyright issues is making a rip-off with 'similar' concepts... and that ain't gonna happen from We Create Stuff.

So controls aren't really the issue... I appreciate the sketches tho.
D:

#5 Abstractman

Abstractman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:52 AM

Abstractman, we receive these kind of requests ever since we released P:TFV. You're going to have to convince Valve to expand and develop mobile games, and then hire us. And that's not likely to happen as they never outsource their work, let alone make 'small-time' kind of games (such as casual mobile apps) for a few extra bucks.

Personally, I'd love to make it, and play it (touch version of 2D Portal). The only way around the copyright issues is making a rip-off with 'similar' concepts... and that ain't gonna happen from We Create Stuff.

So controls aren't really the issue... I appreciate the sketches tho.

It seems like Valve is even doing that for Source based machinima. They may like their community, but they want nothing to do with it.

Especially release their rights.

Oh, well. I still enjoy doing the doodles.

#6 Turna

Turna

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:41 PM

Portal on iphone would be awesome! I would be getting it if there was for sure.

#7 Berto

Berto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:46 PM

Portal on iphone would be awesome! I would be getting it if there was for sure.

I don't think this is possible it seems but it would be nice.

#8 nateygable

nateygable

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

nice!

#9 CXHBGF

CXHBGF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:33 AM

To port it to iphone it would have to be rewritten from scratch in C using XCode on an Apple Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users