Hen7

Nightmare House 2 translation pack

69 posts in this topic

I've been getting a lot of emails from people who wants to translate NH2's subtitles to their language so post here if you wish to apply, when I'll have a number of subtitle files I'll pack them all up and add them to the NH2 website.

To translate the subtitles download this rar file, and put the two files inside it in SourceMods\NH2\resource

Open both of them with notepad and edit the file location to fit your computer (because the location might be wrong in some systems)

Copy the closecaption_english.txt file to the same folder and change it's name to closecaption_yourlanguage

Then edit it and start changing the main text (not the file names!) to your language, there is a lot of text so don't say I didn't warned you!

When you're done take your closecaption file and drag it onto the two files you extracted from the rar, wait for it to finish, then it should create a DAT file in the same folder with the same name as the closecaption file.

load the game and enter "cc_lang yourlanguage" in the console and it should work.

When done send me the txt and the dat file.

Please post here if you apply, give your name and the language you're translating to.

Good luck.

Name: Francisco "jack_wade" Galdo

Language: Spanish

I translated some other source engine based mods (such as Portal: Prelude and Eternal Silence) as well as some indie games.

I have just started translating it but, so far, the script totally deserves to be translated. Way better than some full-priced games I've played.

Bear in mind that there's a huge chunk of HL2 stuff and sound effects that take up the 2nd half of the closecaption_english.txt file. You should be able to delete them and let the existing translations be used automatically. That'll save you a fair amount of work.

Name: Anton 'zigibagidoo' Agejev

Language: Russian

I will translate the subtitles into Russian and will try and make them accurate.

Name: Ian "iggle" Gilbert

Language: English

Taking French, probably can get mostly accurate, although I might know the most french of anyone here (because nobody else said they knew any) I could get it mostly right. I know a few people who would be able to check it for me.

Name: Michel 'stratofarius' Lichand

Language: Portuguese (Brazillian)

You guys got a great fan following over here in Brazil. I also think that translating it will allow more people to play this wonderful mod.

Name: Ori "OZPruduction" Zarhin

Language: Hebrew (Israel)

Just like the people above, I think lazy people will play the mod if they won't need to use their brain on the language.

Agree'd it's wonderful.

Name: Anton 'zigibagidoo' Agejev

Language: Russian

I will translate the subtitles into Russian and will try and make them accurate.

Not necessary. Already did it, including fonts and romero's log.

But you could help me with fixing close captions.

TO ALL:

Request me any language-specific glyphs for fonts used in nh2, so we can keep original style.

Contact

Name: Jimmy 'KingElessar' Nijs

Language: Dutch

I really loved the Nightmare House mod, and I've played it together with some friends, who didn't quite understand the game. Translations would be a good way for other people to enjoy the game.

Name: Michel 'stratofarius' Lichand

Language: Portuguese (Brazillian)

You guys got a great fan following over here in Brazil. I also think that translating it will allow more people to play this wonderful mod.

Hey, I can help you since I'm from Portugal, though I don't know if it would work cause of the differences between brazillian and european portuguese.

Maybe doing both versions? :)

Anyway I can help you if you need so.

Hey, I can help you since I'm from Portugal, though I don't know if it would work cause of the differences between brazillian and european portuguese.

Maybe doing both versions? :)

Anyway I can help you if you need so.

Well, the difference between Portugal and Brazil can make a difference, but for me, fine. Both versions would be great!

Name: Ori "OZPruduction" Zarhin

Language: Hebrew (Israel)

Just like the people above, I think lazy people will play the mod if they won't need to use their brain on the language.

Agree'd it's wonderful.

After you're done, I can be the QA guy or something, and go over everything for the Hebrew translation. I remember Hen showed Nightmare House 2 in the "2nd Game Unconference" (like one year ago, IBM Israel), and he left the original Hebrew subtitles in by a mistake, and the crowd loved it. So yeah there's a whole bunch of Israeli game dev lads who'd like to play with this in.

p.s Those Hebrew subtitles I mentioned are probably outdated, so no need to count on them as a base for the Hebrew translation.

p.p.s The annual event by the same organizers this year is called "GameIs Day 2010" (part of Contech2010), and Nightmare House 2 is competing for "Best Retail/Download game of 2010" in the humble Israeli gaming market - wish the team luck!

My old post....

Hi, guys.

First, awesome job.

I'm currently doing the Italian translation of the mod. Since coming pretty good and the mod deserves a lot, i want also translate the writings that appear in-game every time you start a new chapter and also the starting text at the beginning of the mod.

This http://img706.images...3/nh2c10000.jpg, http://img543.images...2/nh2c10001.jpg and the chapters.... http://img834.images...8/nh2c10002.jpg ecc ecc

And the parts of the prologue.... http://img714.images...1fixed0001.jpg/ .... http://img715.images...1fixed0002.jpg/ and the dottor. Romero's diary at the end of the part 6.

Thanks for the help. And again compliment for the amazing mod you have created.

Is it possibile? Or is it too complicated?

My old post....

These lines written via game_text entity and you can't translate them. I know a way how to do this, but this requiring map edits. Just open every map in notepad (or notepad++, it works faster) and look for "game_text" lines. You will find "message" line somewhere near "game_text". Then replace first symbol in every message with "#", for example : "Hen Mazolski" - "#en Mazolski"

Then create "en Mazolski" "Hen Mazolski" line in nh2_english and translated one in nh2_language.

It's little bit odd way, but if you really want them translated, it shall work. With additional `200 mb.

My old post....

These lines written via game_text entity and you can't translate them. I know a way how to do this, but this requiring map edits. Just open every map in notepad (or notepad++, it works faster) and look for "game_text" lines. You will find "message" line somewhere near "game_text". Then replace first symbol in every message with "#", for example : "Hen Mazolski" - "#en Mazolski"

Then create "en Mazolski" "Hen Mazolski" line in nh2_english and translated one in nh2_language.

It's little bit odd way, but if you really want them translated, it shall work. With additional `200 mb.

Not worth it, just keep it with the subtitles.

When you say "main text" do you mean the subtitles thing. Like, translate this:

"1" "<clr:205,201,201>Are you picking this up? Good."

"2" "<clr:205,201,201>First, allow me to introduce myself."

But not this:

"lang"

{

"Language" "English"

"Tokens"

Um, "Language" "English" must be changed too... or not?

And, nh2_english ..?

Yes and yes. In nh2_english you can find the name of the chapters an the weapons.

And, nh2_english ..?

Yes and yes. In nh2_english you can find the name of the chapters an the weapons.

But the chapters works only in main menu, translating them kinda pointless...

And, nh2_english ..?

But the chapters works only in main menu, translating them kinda pointless...

But in this file are also the names of the weapons and some phrases like "Saved... " or "One of the SWAT members have died" that are shown in-game.

It's just a 5 min. translation and I really think it worths the effort, but it's not so hard for people to understand that messages so... I'll let you decide ;)