Hen7

Nightmare House 2 translation pack

69 posts in this topic

HEY! I am NOT going to translate this game to spanish!

NO WAY!

Do you want to know why?

Huh?

Because I already did it :) I was contacting with Hen via email, yes Hen, I am Daniel.

However, I can´t compile the translation, I asked Hen to do it but he does not reply me, I want to share the translation in a spanish forum, so can someone compile it for me?

It is attached to the post.

closecaption_spanish.txt

NO WAY!

Do you want to know why?

Huh?

Because I already did it :) I was contacting with Hen via email, yes Hen, I am Daniel.

However, I can´t compile the translation, I asked Hen to do it but he does not reply me, I want to share the translation in a spanish forum, so can someone compile it for me?

Woops, it seems we made two spanish translations at the same time! http://www.hl2spain....showtopic=48659

Oh, so if we translate nh2_english.txt, do we change it to nh2_language?

Yup, and the string "Language" "English" to "Language" "Your language".

NO WAY!

Do you want to know why?

Huh?

Woops, it seems we made two spanish translations at the same time! http://www.hl2spain....showtopic=48659

Cccccccccccccccccccrap.

Well, I already sent the file to Hen...

I don't know what to think xD

But, can someone compile it? I want to share it with in a forum.

NO WAY!

Do you want to know why?

Huh?

Cccccccccccccccccccrap.

Well, I already sent the file to Hen...

I don't know what to think xD

But, can someone compile it? I want to share it with in a forum.

Your .dat file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W39EVGUK

If anyone else needs help with the compiler, send me your closecaption file and I'll compile it ;)

I also got some mails, damn it looks like we have around 4 Spanish translations, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Wow

Dunno, maybe all the spanish translators we sould team up for the ultimate spanish translation. What do you think guys?

I also got some mails, damn it looks like we have around 4 Spanish translations, what the hell am I supposed to do?

Use one, but credit all. Only seems fair considering they all did the work. Perhaps there's differences in quality though (if anyone can't speak English\Spanish perfectly they'll make mistakes) but how the fuck do you check that if you can't speak Spanish?

I agree with ethan, use one, credit all.

What other languages do we have translations for? Would someone be willing to do a pirate-talk translation? As another easter egg.

Hmm...maybe you can put the downloads for translations separately, I mean, not a translation pack, but you see in the website: Download translations:

French: blablabla

Spanish: Here you put the translations in a random order, I mean, everytime you enter the website you see the 4 translations in a random order. "Translation by Hero Of Time", "translation by flying ninja" "translation by blabla" "translation by "bleble", if you refresh the page, you see "translation by flying ninja", "translation by blebleble", "translation by Hero Of Time", "translation by blablabla"

See what I mean?

I think quality of translation is the most important thing. I mean, assuming Spanish is your native tounge then it depends how well all the translators can speak English (in other words, how well they'd interpret the English before turning it into Spanish). Still I can't imagine anyone did a bad job because you the ones who posted here at least did so in fine English.

I think quality of translation is the most important thing. I mean, assuming Spanish is your native tounge then it depends how well all the translators can speak English (in other words, how well they'd interpret the English before turning it into Spanish). Still I can't imagine anyone did a bad job because you the ones who posted here at least did so in fine English.

Yeah, but who will determine which translation has the higher quality? :unsure: I think it´s better to let the user choose. Btw, I am 14 years old, so my translation is probably not the best one anyway.

Would someone be willing to do a pirate-talk translation? As another easter egg.

I'll do this after I finish the portuguese translation. Almost there.

um...got a problem. I extracted the translated file into the 'close' file and the 'captioncompiler' file but it didn't create a DAT file and when I type in the command into the console, the translation doesn't work, in fact there are no subtitles what so ever. Help please?

Before I finish, are we supposed to only translate the subtitles? Or the Closed Captions too?

Just the subtitles. The closed captions can be deleted from the text file.

http://www.mediafire.com/?s665q1uebpcqdeh

I send the translation for the fantastic NH2, we have tested a lot the close captions and all is fine, i hope this improve the distribution of this fantastic mod for all the italians that don't understand the english language. Inside the .rar archive, there are all the files and the instructions for installing.

Thank you very much for the fantastic mod, we are your supporter and fans, and looking for NH3 one day biggrin.gif