Ido

Fun Reputation Names

11 posts in this topic

I think the reputation system is a great addition to the forums. It does not force anyone to achieve a great reputation score, since a higher rank doesn't give any further privileges, but if you do mind it, it serves as a behavior model. Additionally it bolds out good posts in specific which is always nice.

We can rename the 'ranks' in the reputation system easily since it's a built in thing, as seen in other similar forums. Say for the score of 0-10, it's "Neutral". For a negative score there's "Bad". All of this is boring. I know you guys can come up with something better, so let's do this.

Suggest names for the following scores (and beyond, if you fancy)

-250 to -101

-100 to -51

-50 to -26

-25 to -11

-10 to -1

1 to 10

11 to 25

26 to 50

51 to 100

101 to 250

Hf

These are my thoughts:

Rep < -250 = "Nit" or "Master of Destruction"

-250 to -101 = "Evil"

-100 to -51 = "Daemon"

-50 to -26 = "Asshole"

-25 to -11 = "Trouble Maker"

-10 to -1 = "Rather Pointless"

0 = If nobody rep'd him yet so it's: "Completely Uninvolved", if someone did it's: "Neutral"

1 to 10 = "Baby Steps"

11 to 25 = "Useful"

26 to 41 = "Helpful"

42 = "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything" or "The Answer to Life"

43 to 50 = "Cupid"

51 to 100 = "Angel"

101 to 250 = "Demi God"

Rep > 250 = "God"

<= 199 : Twat

>= 200 : Awesome!

Simple system that benefits me.

Actually what would be nice is having a private forum for people with a reputation above 100.

Then we could put additional media in that forum for those who are active in the community and support it.

Actually what would be nice is having a private forum for people with a reputation above 100.

Then we could put additional media in that forum for those who are active in the community and support it.

That's an interesting idea, very few forums actually reward people for being active.

As for the titles they gotta be witty and light hearted, using simple adjectives like "good" "amazing" etc. seems a bit pointless, they should be more descriptive. I remember seeing an awesome set somewhere hang on...

User is dead ban walking

User is close to earning a permaban

User is a flaming asscake

User is a dumb ass

User lacks social skills

User is trying to get the hang of things

User has showered recently

User has been kissed by someone not in their family

User is the coolest person at a Star Trek Convention

User punched Jack Thompson in the sack

User has shot a fanboy just to watch him bleed

User killed a man for a spot in a beta test

User has a wallet that reads Bad Mother Fucker

User can stab you over the internet

User uses the Holy Grail to water the houseplants

User knows why the answer is 42

I'm not saying we should just use these at all, but these are the kinda things I like. I think it should change every 25 rep.

Good ideas. Additionally we could pull off references to WCS projects: Portal (cake, glados, etc.), Echoes (Deus Ex Machina), Nightmare House 2 (Emily, Romero) for some of them.

7=Lucky

These are my thoughts:

-250 to -101 = "Evil"

-100 to -51 = "Daemon"

Rep < -5000 "Nit"

-4999 < "Master of Destruction"

do you me daemon or demon?

7=Lucky

These are my thoughts:

-250 to -101 = "Evil"

-100 to -51 = "Daemon"

Rep < -5000 "Nit"

-4999 < "Master of Destruction"

do you me daemon or demon?

Both are the same.

And I think my list is quite good. Ido, tell me what you think please.

Good ideas. Additionally we could pull off references to WCS projects: Portal (cake, glados, etc.), Echoes (Deus Ex Machina), Nightmare House 2 (Emily, Romero) for some of them.

Loving this idea...please incorporate "A Retarded Poster" as a negative :P

I love the theme but can't really think of much for it. As you said DEM is about the only thing that sticks out from Echoes, I'm sure there's some NH2 references to be made but Orange Box on 360 = no NH2 for me.

As for Portal references I'm trying my best to avoid over used cake is a lie references...but that leaves me short of things to say. Surely the highest ranks should relate to creating stuff? If there wasn't a section here called it, I'd say "YOU Create Stuff" should be up there.

I love the theme but can't really think of much for it. As you said DEM is about the only thing that sticks out from Echoes, I'm sure there's some NH2 references to be made but Orange Box on 360 = no NH2 for me.

As for Portal references I'm trying my best to avoid over used cake is a lie references...but that leaves me short of things to say. Surely the highest ranks should relate to creating stuff? If there wasn't a section here called it, I'd say "YOU Create Stuff" should be up there.

Will this remove custom ones? cause I really like mine. :(

Please disregard that if you already read it, I was thinking member titles.

Also, I agree that there should be a change every few because for some people it is hard to change their rating much.

Will this remove custom ones? cause I really like mine. :(

Please disregard that if you already read it, I was thinking member titles.

Also, I agree that there should be a change every few because for some people it is hard to change their rating much.

I think that's way too frequently I mean it's supposed to at least stick around long enough for you to notice, dunno about everyone else but I don't look at my profile very often.

-250 to -101 = Terrible Member

-100 to -51 = Awful Member

-50 to -26 = Bad Member

-25 to -11 = FacePuncher

-10 to -1 = Poor

0 = Boring/Neutral

1 to 10 = Nice Member

11 to 25 = Smart Member

26 to 50 = Great Member

51 to 100 = Genius

101 to 250 = W.I.P. Moderator