Ido

Movies discussion thread

33 posts in this topic

I love films. Let's go.

Two days ago I watched Get Him to the Greek, it was pretty hilarious. If you like the kind of Superbad, Pineapple Express, Forgetting Sarah Marshell comedy, you'll like this as well:

Of course if you had enough of this genre, it won't bring anything new and you'll hate it.

Yesterday I watched Scott Pilgrim vs The World. MUST SEE. It's like they combined the awesomeness of Kickass with the unique and awesome style of... I don't know, Sin City! Definitely favorite movie of the year so far. Might watch it again next week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgOLmjhxVVU

Edit

Almost forgot, watched The Room two weeks ago. If you wanna bash something, watch it.

I'm not a huge film fan. I mean, I just never seem to get around to actually watching them.

Last film I saw was Hot Tub Time Machine and it was hilarious, awesome film and just generally a great story for a comedy simply being in the past sets up a lot of jokes, but they're not so cliché like I find with a lot in this style of comedy.

My problem is, I rarely watch TV and never download music\films. I use Youtube\Spotify for music and for TV I tend to watch Justin.TV and just pick whatever's on.

Seen "The Other Guys", it was awful, don't see, doesn't worth the money.

My sister and her friend liked it. They're 19 and 25 respectively.

I cant wait to see this film.

Seen "The Other Guys", it was awful, don't see, doesn't worth the money.

My sister and her friend liked it. They're 19 and 25 respectively.

Well it's just my opinion. I think that they were trying WAY too hard to make us laugh, fail try.

About Scott Pilgrim VS. The World.

I think they did well to work with a necessarily rushed plotline. They had to fit in 6 books plus an unwritten one into such a short period of time, and they integrated some of the jokes into the fact that it was so fast paced.

I enjoyed it for that reason.

</2cents>

I just came back from the cinema. I saw "Back to the Future". It's being re-run for it's 25th anniversary.

The awesome part is stephen hawking was there. In the same screen, watching the film too. It was definitely him, I walked past him several times.

This just came true:stephen_hawking.png

Well, .eXeC!'s story blows mine out of the water, but I'll still tell it, as it is also Back To The Future related.

I just saw a DeLorean... ON MARTY STREET.

Anyone gunna bother seeing The Social Network? I know its about the setup of Facebook but it's apparently really well done.

I think I'll go see it for fun. It does looks like a well done movie, one which would usually hit my taste. I won't go there for the accuracies, we'll have enough documentaries about Facebook for that in a few years.

I want to see Social Network, but I'm currently on day 3 of my month off of Facebook, and it might give me some serious withdrawals.

I remember seeing the trailer for Social Network before watching Inception, and i was like this looks pretty cool.

Inception was a great movie, totally gonna have it on DVD.

Well up yours, I'm getting it on Blu-Ray.

I'm gonna get it on HD-DVD.

HD-DVD lost the format war.