Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nyko111

How to get Nightmare House 2 into Garry's Mod

18 posts in this topic

After many days of copying and pasting, and breaking things, I have found how to properly put NH2 (working) into Garry's Mod. This should enable multiplayer functionality (properly), and voice sequences do work.

Step 1, Copy over the Maps, Materials, Models, Scenes, and sound folders into Garry's Mod directory. (Don't overwrite anything if you dont want your weapons models/background replaced)

Step 2, Copy the contents of Scripts folder (excluding the Color Correction folder) into garrysmod/scripts/sounds folder

Step 3, Enjoy.

I do not know if anyone has posted anything of this before, sorry if they have.

It would most likely revert to the original zombie coding, this is just as best a fix for multiplayer as you can get for a singleplayer mod. (doesnt crash every 10-20 minutes)

The maps are meant to be played with npc_nh_zombies, it won't work.

Thanks for giving the name of it! I kept trying to spawn "npc_nhzombie"...

npc_nh_zombies isn't the name either. I actually posted a list of the NH2 npc names on facepunch.

The maps are meant to be played with npc_nh_zombies, it won't work.

Thanks for giving the name of it! I kept trying to spawn "npc_nhzombie"...

npc_nh_zombies isn't the name either. I actually posted a list of the NH2 npc names on facepunch.

Shouldn't you post a link to it or say the correct name? Just sayin'...

Most likely VB or C++, I would personally like to learn more about programming for source.

VB? I only coded in VB when I was like 9. I'm a C++/Python guy.

@House, I did all of the NH2 code in C++.

@Iggle, If I were you I'd look into using UnrealScript in the UDK. It's really easy to get great results in that, plus you can sell what you make if it's good enough.

@ruanito, I can't be bothered to list them again or find the link. If you want to get a list of the NPC's it's not too hard to find them. It's in the NH2 thread on facepunch.

Most likely VB or C++, I would personally like to learn more about programming for source.

VB? I only coded in VB when I was like 9. I'm a C++/Python guy.

@Iggle, If I were you I'd look into using UnrealScript in the UDK. It's really easy to get great results in that, plus you can sell what you make if it's good enough.

I thought I saw somewhere that Source used VB for some things.

Learning Java in school, My friend is helping me with Actionscript, Looked into VB, another friend is teaching me C#, played around with C++, used some visual coding programs such as Labview, made some UnrealScript for a camp I was in, I just don't know what language to try and learn first.

I'm releasing the NH2 source files (code, VMF's, etc) in a few days, so any coder will be able to make it into a coop or what ever.

Hello and happy new year !

I did almost the same things for Synergy like Nyko111 did, I copied most of the files to the synergy folder and everything works well except the spawning for the NPC's obviously and the voice sequences. I am so happy you decided to release these files because I just want to play this mod with a friend so badly, because it's great. I know some games are supposed to be SP, like the Penumbra series or Amnesia: The Dark descent, but this mod could do well in coop as well, I mean we just need to make it somehow work over synergy since the primary objective of synergy is to make other mods playable over coop. Or maybe I am just wrong and messing with the coded files is hard stuff. The only thing I can do as a big fan is hope for someone to actually make something happen because it would be a shame to see such a good mod without some coop in it. Just my opinion, happy new year once again !