theanyinbox

Nightmare House 2: On Steam Store

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have it on steam with achievements?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • No! Its too hard!
    • Yes! I would help!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Getting Nightmare House 2 onto the Steam Store

(plus achievements etc...)

I'm willing to make achievements and icons (graphics) and maintain stuff to do with this?

If you can help with anything that would be great, plus ideas for achievements etc.

Im not good at coding and have little understanding with Hammer, but do have good Photoshop skills!

So if you have anything post it here!

NB: Hen, am i allowed to do this and stuff? If not just remove it.. Sorry!

The steam store only hosts multiplayer mods. We don't need steamworks or achievements. NH2 is perfectly good being independantly hosted.

The steam store only hosts multiplayer mods. We don't need steamworks or achievements. NH2 is perfectly good being independantly hosted.

false

there are some single player mods like riot act, rock 24, minerva and some more

nightmare house 2 is very good but i think it should be better with achivements

and sorry for my english

false

there are some single player mods like riot act, rock 24, minerva and some more

nightmare house 2 is very good but i think it should be better with achivements

and sorry for my english

WRONG!

If you specifically look at Riot Act's steam page, you will see that it only links to the main website. It is not directly hosted on Steam.

To be perfectly honest it's not going to happen. NH2 will not be appearing on the steam store. It may eventually end up on Desura but even that's unknown.

To be perfectly honest it's not going to happen. NH2 will not be appearing on the steam store. It may eventually end up on Desura but even that's unknown.

err desura?

yeah...not gonna happen mate. And even if it does, no one will buy it cause they can just download it from we create stuff for free. And anyway, what achievements are you gonna put in there???

yeah...not gonna happen mate. And even if it does, no one will buy it cause they can just download it from we create stuff for free. And anyway, what achievements are you gonna put in there???

You know, it can be on Steam and still be free... :)

Mods that get hosted on steam are free. Why the hell would NH2 need to be paid for?

But I would like to see a box version of NH2 + Lost Files, with the Orange Box combo sold in stores.

So do I! (it's irrelevant to me 'cause I already got them all - but it might be cool).

[... ] No one will buy it cause they can just download it from we create stuff for free.

"No one"? You are wrong. If Valve let WCS sell NH2 - I'll pay. The developers deserve it.

The steam store only hosts multiplayer mods.

Well, I got a pretty cool idea for a multiplayer version... If you want to hear... (Sorry for interfering your creation, but it's part of being in contact with the community :rolleyes: ).

"No one"? You are wrong. If Valve let WCS sell NH2 - I'll pay. The developers deserve it.

Some of the content in NH2 we would be unable to use commercially, even if Valve offered us a place on the steam store Hen would almost certainly decline. We'd have to remake all of the assets that weren't made by either valve or us. Besides, we don't want your money. If we wanted money there would be a donation page.

Some of the content in NH2 we would be unable to use commercially, even if Valve offered us a place on the steam store Hen would almost certainly decline. We'd have to remake all of the assets that weren't made by either valve or us. Besides, we don't want your money. If we wanted money there would be a donation page.

I think there should be a donation box. If nothing else donate it to a good cause.

I think there should be a donation box. If nothing else donate it to a good cause.

Love the idea!