OZPruduction

Games discussion thread

52 posts in this topic

I've never heard of OnLive but after checking them out yeah, that seems right.

I think it's clever and sure has a few flaws at the moment but it's a new idea and if it's to grow needs some attention. I think, above all, it breaks the wealth barrier that's prominent in PC gaming - I would have a kick ass PC idealized for gaming but I can't afford one, it's much cheaper to get a console (bought my 360 for £60 (about $100) two years ago). I think this issue would also encourage me to pirate games...I mean you can pay upwards of £1000 for a decent gaming computer and then what're you left with? Games that essentially cost the same as their console counter parts. Seems illogical to me...although like I said if I had the money I would.

It's a shame because a lot of PC exclusive titles are awesome and I'd much rather play with a mouse and keyboard for the better part. I also like the idea of a games console and PC 'in one' as opposed to my current set up where my desktop and 360 are on different floors in my house.

Not sure what the conversion is, but if you build your computer, you can get a decent build for ~500-700$

EDIT: Still i understand if it's still too much money, if i had a decent job i would have built a better pc a long time ago.

That's still 5-7 360's at what I paid. Also, a 360 bought in 2005 (presuming it's still functioning) isn't outdated in terms of hardware and won't be until the 'next generation' is out. Could the same be said for a PC you bought in 2005? (that's not a rhetorical question I don't follow these things)

Fancy Pants just got announced for PSN\XBLA release. Loved that game, glad to see the guy have some success.

Ooooh I loved that game.

And also, I played Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was fucking great, I simply LOVE this series. This was this series' best campaign so far.

Th Multiplayer is also very fun, there are lots of new features, nothing to be dissapointed of, very attractive design and addictive gameplay, a recipe for success.

Fancy Pants just got announced for PSN\XBLA release. Loved that game, glad to see the guy have some success.

Ooooh I loved that game.

And also, I played Call of Duty: Black Ops. It was fucking great, I simply LOVE this series. This was this series' best campaign so far.

Th Multiplayer is also very fun, there are lots of new features, nothing to be dissapointed of, very attractive design and addictive gameplay, a recipe for success.

The singleplayer was fun but I've not even bothered with MP. I didn't pay for it, I just borrowed it from a friend for a day or two so I could play through it and forget. The reason I didn't buy it is because MW2 was such a rip-off. I refuse to give Activision any money. I'll play their games but I'm not sending money to that company.

Ooooh I loved that game.

The singleplayer was fun but I've not even bothered with MP. I didn't pay for it, I just borrowed it from a friend for a day or two so I could play through it and forget. The reason I didn't buy it is because MW2 was such a rip-off. I refuse to give Activision any money. I'll play their games but I'm not sending money to that company.

Did the same, totally agree.

And also, I just played a bit of Counter Strike (Source of course), but I never REALLY played it. I must say it was pretty fun.

Anybody knows how good is the new NFS? I heard it's cool, didn't make much noise though.

Ooooh I loved that game.

The singleplayer was really fun, I liked it.

Also, I played Sticks and Stones the other day with my friend. My experience: Get tomahawked, get tomahawked again, finally get up to first, get tomahawked at the last second.

Ooooh I loved that game.

The singleplayer was really fun, I liked it.

Also, I played Sticks and Stones the other day with my friend. My experience: Get tomahawked, get tomahawked again, finally get up to first, get tomahawked at the last second.

Yeah it's pretty annoying if you look at it that way, but tell me the truth, wasn;t it fun :D

And anyway, I didn't care much when it had happened to me in a game, like, it's game money, it's not like it really matters.

Any word about the new NFS?

Jesus you buy the game in a pack of 8? Don't get me wrong Deus Ex is fucking awesome and partially responsible for my interest in games lasting me into my adult life but still that seems over the top, I mean I don't think I have 7 friends who'd want a copy...

Jesus you buy the game in a pack of 8? Don't get me wrong Deus Ex is fucking awesome and partially responsible for my interest in games lasting me into my adult life but still that seems over the top, I mean I don't think I have 7 friends who'd want a copy...

It was 12$

I COULD NOT RESIST THE BARGAIN

Once again, I wish a had a credit card D:

Or a generous friend, like hakor here :P

You don't need a credit card. A debit card or a bank account work just fine.

They might not have it in Israel, but normally if i have enough money I go out and buy a prepaid debit card to buy games off steam.

Yeah I've had a card that's eligible for online shopping since I was 15 (maybe 16). Of course, we live in different continents let alone countries so fuck knows about you, but I imagine if you just go into a local bank and explain exactly what you want there will be something for it.

There is. The problem is that parents are so paranoid that they never let their kids get those solutions.

The card doesn't allow you to generate debt so I don't see the big deal, also I don't think I actually told my parents I was opening a bank account at the time, I had to because over here they pay you to go to school if your parents earn under a certain amount and I needed a way to get that money.

I know about those pre-paid cards, but there's a problem about them. It costs too much money when I don't need all of it on the web.

Edit:

Holy shit, L4D2 6 Pack is $25. It's just $5 more than L4D2.

Lol, the 4 Pack still costs $60.

I know about those pre-paid cards, but there's a problem about them. It costs too much money when I don't need all of it on the web.

Edit:

You can still use them in shops, of course...

Edit:

You can still use them in shops, of course...

But I just don't need that amount of money for shopping, and I DON'T have that amount of money now.

Edit:

And now, L4D2 is 5 bucks.

Once again, I wish I had a credit card :P

Another edit:

Never mind that, Trivvy just gifted me! Oh joy! :P

Thanks to the Steam sale I am now the proud owner of Battlefield 2, Knights of the Old Republic, and Mass Effect 2.