Ido

Echoes Act 1 on other sites

6 posts in this topic

So my primary targets were Newgrounds and Kongregate, and let it spread from there, but there's been a few issues with spreading Echoes because of its massive file size. I realized it would be a problem during development, but not as much as delaying it.

But yeah, I just finally got it up on NG: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/552712

I'll write about it officially once the medals are approved.

Kongregate's version is going to have a few more delays since I just realized they don't accept some of the code I've implemented in the game.

Yeah getting back to work on Act 2 now. And thanks guys for all the support :)

Any idea if it's getting badges on Kong? I generally play games there, it's a good site with an active (and somewhat insane) community.

Yeah definitely, if I manage to get it up there. I'm really trying to, it's just a massive lot of plays which I don't want to miss. They've also been real nice to me back when I posted Portal with their API.

The badges are chosen by Kongregate's administrators though. As a developer I report on all the progress ingame, and they make the badges themselves according to this info. So it's up to them whether those badges match my ingame achievements or they want to make their own custom ones. But aye the answer is yes.

Kongregate's version is going to have a few more delays since I just realized they don't accept some of the code I've implemented in the game.

What did Kongregate not like, anything that will make or break the game?

What did Kongregate not like, anything that will make or break the game?

Probably the code that connects to wecreatestuff.com to report the scores.

I'm pretty sure there are games on Kong that have their own leaderboards...