Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iori Branford

Last boss bug

3 posts in this topic

Hello. Fantastic work, more quality single-player is always appreciated, except for an unfortunate glitch that stopped me in my tracks at the end, leaving the walkthrough as the only recourse.

The wood support beams are invulnerable to weapons other than the ax. After being able to break almost all wood objects with any attack, the last thing the player can expect is to empty one's ammo stock into a plank without effect. The player is barred from simply picking off the beams in relative safety, but I did not feel the challenge of approaching the beams in between pain pulses was worth the inconsistency.

It's not a bug.

It's the best I could do with my available resources, most people had no problems with it, if you could just shoot the beams from a safe distance the whole boss fight would be lame.

I admit I could have explained it more, but no one had such a problem when we beta tested it.

Also, when you reach the boss room the same wooden boards are blocking the gates, so you have to use the axe to break them and get in.