Builderboy2005

Nightmare: Emergence

34 posts in this topic

So for a while now, I have been working on an unofficial prelude to Nightmare House I/II where we find out just what happened to all the people when Romero turned on the core for the first time. You take the place of an innocent person, just at the Hospital for a checkup, when something happens, and things start to take a turn for the worse.

This is *not* a source game though! This is a top down, shadow based java applet! Its definitely not close to being finished, but you can try out the most recent version at this site:

http://greenfootgallery.org/scenarios/2017

tell me what you guys think :D

You sir have just completely rewrote my whole story that i was working on as NH3. It was going to be from the view of the swat team but i ran into many holes in the story that would make that kind of impossible. If I have your promission to do so I would love to turn this into a source game. :) this game was fun and was really good. I like.. no wait I F'ing LOVE 8BIT games!!!! I would suggest adding a 8bit version of the NH2 soundtrack.

Hahaha go for it, are you going to wait until my game is finished? Or work on it at the same time?

well we can work together or I can go by your concepts. I was hoping to make something like this. I kinda feel dumb not thinking about Dr. Romero turning on the core for the first time. OMG dud you just saved me a week of staying home sick writing a story line. but I think I can just map the thing out and I can take some membrle hallways and rooms and your story line into it. :) dud you saved me lol. add me on steam,

steamid: Gurth

my pic is like a troll face but its that old guy from HL2. some guy on WE CREATE STUFF made it.

lol I said zom instead of zombies :P

I still knew what you meant :P

Thanks for everybody who liked it ^^ I've been making small changes here and there all day, it should become easier to open doors and interact objects in the future, and the text will hopefully appear better as well

Well note that I kinda want to devote most of my time working on my own game, but you are more than welcome to take the map and story and make the port based on those.

well these are thanks to your idea, I am making opening scene when you walk into hospital. took level from Source files that were released. my mouth dropped when i found out that everything on the outside of the play area was not nodrawed. so spent 15 min finding every little thing to nodraw. lite up the room cleaned it up, and am now in the process of adding npcs that are doing scripted sequences like sitting and stuff and walking around talking. but this is thanks for the idea. :) cant wait for you game to come out so i can get the full story line.

basically this is your opening scene of your mod in source, just with out npcs's but having some glitches with them right now. the game just wants to use random npcs and the male models are some are nurses and some are citizens but even if i change it to a certain one it wants to change to something ells.

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/5649/mainloby0000.jpg

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1299/mainloby0002.jpg

That looks nice! Correct me if i'm wrong, but that is the same room from NH2 correct?

yea, just brightened it up a bit to be used for cut scene. made it look not so deserted any more and looks like it is still running hospital. :) but its gonna change lol

Alright so the second level is being planned out, should be a bit more scary and dark than the previous, and should be a lot of fun to make :) I'll post some screenshots as I get farther into the development process. I still need to make all of the tile images, create the tilemap matrix, and do all the scripting.

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been updating this, I have been really busy for a while. But with the new semester rolling in I have managed to secure myself some free time in my C++ class to work on this again ^^ So expect some new content soon!

One thing I am working on is upgrading the graphics significantly to give everything more of that gritty and shadowy look. The below picture shows what the game has been looking like, and what it looks like now with a few of the upgrades.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4978.0;attach=9383;image

That looks awesome! Are you going to upgrade the player's look, too? (with the new effects it looks out of place)