Feedback

9 posts in this topic

Hi. This thread is for ACT I feedbacks. especially:

1. Bugs

2. Game reviews.

3. Flaws:

- things that their absence has damaged the gameplay experience

- This is about ACT I, please do not post Act II "feature requests"

- This was about Act I, but Ido just said it won't be updated beyound 1.2 and the feedback IS being used for ACT II

I hope the thread gets sticky, because Ido tal said "We listened and still are listening to all the feedback" here

Hmm ok sure. Just keep in mind we probably won't release any more updates for Act 1 beyond version 1.2 . It's unfortunate if anybody finds any more major bugs, but statistically speaking it seems like most of them are gone anyway.

Our focus is Act 2 right now. Feedback on Act 1 is always welcome because the space between Acts is when we fix whatever didn't work in the previous game. I am happy to say that much of what I read by players feedback is answered in Act 2 - as far as new gameplay features, content, flow of the game, etc.

Cheers :)

Bug report:

1. Auto run doesn't work. I have to hold shift forever

2. The game doesn't load faster the second time I load it in firefox. Caching is on and works for all other armorgames flash games.

3. In the survival mode, half of the enemies (who emerge from the left side) come and stand in the middle of the screen and don't attack!

Flaws. these have really damaged the game-play experience:

1. It's more like a movie, not a game. great scenes, events, dialogues ... but so few levels. so few gameplay. very long dialogues that we cant skip!

Suggestion: more levels, less dialogue

an idea for extending the levels is more variety of goals. levels with time limit, rescue operation, bomb placement, sabotarge, death match levels. levels without Dem. scouting, spying and stealing. optional objectives (out of the main path or in the left side of sceen) that we can only do if we are fast. (boss fight was the best. survival is good, but not enjoyable.)

2. No strategy mode: I'm a strategy game geek and I've played hundreds of strategy games, but in echoes I have to do everything with Dem. Others are toooooo weak and useless. no medic, sniper, mortar, air unit, ...

Suggestion: have a look at colony. resources are four types. each unit is strong against something and weak against something else. prices are very precise. there is NO usless or weak unit

3. no matter how much i thing, I can't come up with a new or creative, or even effective "strategy". this may be due to unit weaknesses.

4. I really love headshot in actoin games. It's very hard, but very interesting once I'm skillful enough

5. Dem has so much useful weapons and abilities that could become available in the game levels, but they are reserved for the survival mode. why is this survival so important?

Thanks Idol.

Now let's have a look at what the game is strong at.

1. Graphics: best flash game graphics that I have ever seen. and very relevant to the game conditions. especially wires, houses and clouds.

2. Story: Deus Ex Machina, both means Hope in a hopeless situation and god from the machine. this single word explains all the story. nice concept. But this will harm act two if there is no story there.

3. Action: how you do it really matters. and there are a lot of things you can do with him. that's what makes the game enjoyable.

4. strategy: units are so so weak and useless, but (1) everything else is ready for a great strategy game (2) this is part of the story!! and I love it when I feel the story conditions in the game :rolleyes: . unless if it's goning to remain as it is, in ACT II

5. Nice music and fiction.

6. All dialogs voiced over. not just texts.

Nice to see you like colony, i love that game, better, loved, it had better times, now, most of the people are just cheating -.-'

That idea you had is good, but you're making the game into a 99% Call Of Duty, and the only coder they have is Ido, i like the script, it's long but it gives the idea of the game, i agree with u, graphics are awesome!

I think if the script could have a bit more of improvement, maybe a bit longer, not only 15 levels, a bit more, like >50, that script would be used to make a good 3D fps game, i dont remember who write the script, its 5* for a flash game, but i say it again, you wont make loads of money by producing flash games, so, the best thing you could do, with time, gather a small team of like 10 coders, 5 concept artists and some more that you may need and upgrade Echoes from a Flash game to a 3D one, but spreading the game wouldnt be easy, maybe starting a litle dema like nightmare house (never played... slow computer) and then, if the croud likes, move on to 3D game, maybe with some company help like THQ or something... Its up to you and your fellas, just giving my opinion , a bit reckless (A LOTTTT) but there are risks that need to be taken in life, and i see you got talent for that!

Who could know that Bill Gates, a simple kid, would create the biggest company in the world?

KooZ :)

(its late and im sleepy, dont really take care of what i am saying here :b )

Ha, i wish i had fifty levels to tell the story in! Though if I did It would probably turn into a bloated mess, so in that way the limitation is a good thing. I don't even want to think about all the complaints about the pace of the script i'd get if I didn't have to make tough editing decisions due to the tyranny of megabytes. :D

When Echoes is finished i may end up posting a 'complete' script of echoes that uses all the ideas and characters, stages, battles and so forth that i cut from the scripts before i even showed them to Ido and the others due to space issues. If i can find everything, a great deal of it is rambling scribbling in notebooks now buried at the bottom of a cupboard

Wait. What was this thread about? ... Wow... It really took my about 10 seconds to remember then I looked at the "Replying to Feedback" green strip at the top of this box... Wow.... I think it is just because I have been awake for so long. Anyway. When you first start something on the game you have to click something to be able to move. There are alot of spelling errors as well as grammar errors in the game too. Plus, were all the freaking foul words really needed? What if some little kid came along and played this game? Ah well... I guess they should read the terms and all of those things. Well... If that did happen you would have the parents to blame and if not, that child would be abandoned or abused or all sorts of things. Think of the children... Ha! Anyway. Sorry for the emotionaly stuff there. Peace!