Mxthe

Underhell Developer

• Moderators
  • 470 posts
  • Steam:Mxthe
  • Xbox Live:Mxthe
  • PSN:Mxthe

Posted 04 March 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hello everyone, Underhell has been released and I am already getting bug reports ! Which mean you are awesome in finding bugs an details, and I will definitely release a patched version once I have gathered enough bug to justify uploading the whole thing again.

If you have seen any bug in the game, or anything not working, please do not hesitate to post down below !

If possible attach a screenshot of the error, bug, or glitch, and a short (or long) description of how it happened.

Thank you very much !

---------------------------
.Computer Requirements
---------------------------

Minimum:
1.7 GHz Processor
1024 MB RAM
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card
Windows® Vista/7/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

Recommended:
Pentium 4 processor (3.0GHz, or better),
2048 MB RAM
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card (or higher)
Windows® Vista/7/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

No subtitles, or bad subtitles ?

In game captions:
- change steam language to English or
- add this to Underhell launch options: +cc_lang "english"

Game doesn't show in the Steam Library?

Be sure you have 

Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Underhell

and not

Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\Underhell\Underhell

Before posting your error, be sure to try this :

Try to verify the integrity of your game cache.

Go to your Steam window and go in the Tools tab, and right click on Source Sdk Base 2007, then click on properties.

There click on the Local Files tab, and click on the Verify Integrity of Game Cache button.

This should fix most Local Files errors, which are VERY common

Make sure to update your graphic card drivers, as Underhell makes usage of some custom shader effects.

KNOWN ISSUES/CRASHES :

Too many verts for a dynamic vertex buffer (xxxxxxxx>xxxxx) Tell a programmer to up VERTEX_BUFFER_SIZE

This crash most often happens when ALT+TABBING the game, but it can also happen in very large areas with lot of combat happening.

It is very rare, if it happens, just load your latest save and it should not happen again within the same map.

Just reload and continue playing as normal.

"Can't load lump 8, allocation of ******** bytes failed!!!"

This is a very rare memory crash that happens after many hours of continuous play.

We intend to fix it as soon as possible in a future patch. If you get this error, simply reload your latest save from the Load Game menu, and the error should not happen again.

FIXED ISSUES/ CRASHES:

CFileSystem_Steam::Init() failed: failed to find steam interface

This is a SteamPipe related issue, unrealted to the mod itself. Head over to your Steam TOOLS list.

Right click your SOURCE SDK BASE 2007 and click properties then click the BETAS tab and chose the SteamPipe beta as the beta you would like to opt into.

It seems underhell will crash if you try to run it on low settings, so I upped the settings and it work. Might not affect everyone.

Turning the flashlight on seems to crash the game?

This appears to be a drivers issue on some graphic cards. See the Black Mesa FAQ for more info.

Try reducing shadows details to Medium or Low, or try disabling HDR (set it to none)

If above fails try the following fix :

(Warning: This fix will disable the flashlight shadows, and cause flashlights to go through walls)

FIX : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15960198&postcount=264

The game keeps randomly crashing after I wake up in the bed, and walk downstairs.

According to Windows, it has something to do with a file called "shadereditor_2007.dll". Of course, I have no clue if that is the main cause, though...

ea029cf87b89df995492259e0cdae5ae.png

EDIT : I just figured out that the problem was due to the game being in DirectX 8. Switching it to DirectX 9 fixed the problem.

MAKE SURE TO DISABLE MSI AFTERBURNER BEFORE LAUNCHING THE GAME :

Here's what I found: ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, NEVER EVER USE MSI AFTERBURNER WITH THIS GAME. ITS DLL BLOCKING TECHNOLOGY WILL SLOW DOWN YOUR GAME DRAMATICALLY AND DISABLING THIS FEATURE HAS NO EFFECT. Will repost this info on my blog (it's pretty much my username with a .com) and I look forward to giving my viewers a good review of this game!!

Engine Error: Could not load library client

This is most likely related to a corrupt download/extraction of the file, try re-installing or redownloading.

If it still happens, try logging out of your Steam completely, and log back in. :  Thanks to "Ardent_Assailant" for the fix

Game Stuttering/Microfreezes :

Figured out how to stop stuttering, may as well post my cure for the people who experience the same problem.

The problem was that multicore rendering was blacked out in the options menu, every core was being used. Source doesnt really like multicore.

So I went to task manager, right clicked hl2.exe, "Set Affinity" and set it to just Core 1. Runs like a dream now.

AS BUGS GET FIXED, I WILL BE REMOVING THE MESSAGES TO KEEP THE THREAD AS CLEAN AS POSSIBLE.

DO NOT GET OFFENDED OR BELIEVE YOU HAVE BEEN IGNORED, THIS IS SIMPLY TO KEEP THIS THREAD ORGANIZED.

#2 Dragunov

Dragunov

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

I got this error when loading game for the first time (unable to play):

nmax6h.jpg

- Intel Core i7-2630QM at 2Ghz
- 8GB DDR3
- ATI HD 6850M 1GB DDR5
- Windows 8

Explanation: https://support.stea...php?p_faqid=772

But I don't want to play in DX8.1, so possible to fix this?

Just tried it by adding it to play DX8.1, same error!

Thanks!

*Fixed*

I just had to duplicate my screen at screen resolution and everything was fixed

#3 Hayden123

Hayden123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Spoiler

#4 Mxthe

Mxthe

Underhell Developer

• Moderators
  • 470 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Thanks, I'll look into it.

Edit :Riverstyx : Your issue has been corrected and will be up in a patch, thank you.

#5 mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

Caused by my save file or game bug, I don't know.
I found doors. I got "Instruction at referenced memory could not be read", while pressing E (opening door). Always. Red Doors of Death?

Nearest save file: chapter1_06  (before we flip three levers)
I attached demo file. So you will know which door.

"could not be read" happened only with this door, I didn't find other objects causing this crash.
(now, I'm in chapter1_08.)

I checked SDK Cache, I didn't ATL+TAB.

EDIT. Useful stuff.

We can not ALT+TAB the game because of "Too many verts for a dynamic vertex buffer" error.
There is other way, fake full-screen mode.

Borderless window. Just add those to Underhell launch options:
-window -noborder -w 1024 -h 768 -x 0 -y 0

Of course, instead 1024 and 768 you can choose other values.
We can alt tab or minimize game window ( Windows+M or Windows+D or Alt+Space+M )
Cons is: we can not change brightness in game, we have to use graphic card control panel (e.g. Nvidia control panel)

"weird survivors", they should stay in safe room, but, they keep following Jake

You have a survivor and you don't know his/her name, do this:
1. while in safe room
2. do save
3. look at your survivor, type "ent_remove" in the console, you will get response, for example:
Removed npc_citizen(Survivor_Joseph)
4. now you know that your survivor name is Joseph
5. load save and type
sv_cheats 1
ent_fire Relay_Joseph_Rescued enable
sv_cheats 0

You can not kick and run (when not injured)

sv_cheats 1
ent_fire SpeedMod_Hermit modifyspeed 1
ent_fire !player enablekick 1
sv_cheats 0

Attached Files

#6 Sir Fruitcakes

Sir Fruitcakes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:05 PM

Found the problem, shader quality was all the way up, shadow quality was all the way down. which caused both of my issues

#7 Xyphr

Xyphr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:55 AM

Can't seem to figure out how to use the spoiler thing so don't read below if you don't want to know.

So after assembling the Cypher and making my way back to the safe room with the memory card, I face the front doors with Terry moving the bookcase away from the door, but with no animation, staring at me, and then walking back to his chair. The door won't open, and I'm unable to get back in the safe room, no matter how many times I've restarted or loaded previous saves, this happens. Anything that can be done?

#8 Archer

Archer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:39 AM

Ok I have a problem and its that when I load up the house I start at the bed I get out of the bed and I cant move I can jump and duck but I cant move I can look around using the mouse and its also at the part where it say to go to bed early I can even enter the bed and go to the dream world but I cant still move there.

#9 Mxthe

Mxthe

Underhell Developer

• Moderators
  • 470 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:04 PM

Try going back to sleep, and then pressing use only ONCE on the wake up door.

Archer : I found the cause for your bug, it's because you pressed use on the bed while you were reading the diary page.

Go in the console while in the house and enter the following.

sv_cheats 1

ent_fire ui_diary activate

ent_fire ui_diary deactivate

I will make sure this cannot happen, in the next patch.

#10 Playah

Playah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

The survivors from the west wing (residential area) refuse to settle down in the south wing safehouse (first safehouse). I assume Terry is supposed to greet them like the other survivors, but he just stays sitting in the computer room. The bug stays consistant even if I load a save shortly before meeting a survivor.

I am running 1.2.7, but upgraded from 1.1 shortly before the major cutscene prior to building the cypher to access the core.

#11 Mxthe

Mxthe

Underhell Developer

• Moderators
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

I'll check it out, shouldn't happen. Thanks.

#12 Dune Jumper

Dune Jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Steam:Dune Jumper

Posted 13 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

In the final battle of the prologue, these two guys are facing the wrong way when you first burst in.

b81i.jpg

#13 LordiAnders

LordiAnders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Steam:LordiAnders
  • Xbox Live:LordiAnders1337
  • PSN:Lordi160

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

Has anybody noticed this yet? If not then im suprised!

If you reload while in ironsights the clip will instantly get fully reloaded even if the reload animation hasnt finished

Oh also i forgot!

The sniper will reload instantly regardless whether you are aiming or not

EDIT: And another one!

When you exit out of ironsights straight after youve shot a bullet you will shoot twice

So if you use a shotgun it will pump immediadly aswell as the sniper

And with the python you shoot twice... This pissed me off because i ran out of ammo very darn quick

EDIT2: Oh my! Another one!

During the prologue in the dual elites part once the cutscene starts where you walk out the scanner you are actually able to KICK yourself so the NPC dies!

EDIT3: Phoo! Another one!!

If you have nightvision equiped when you get gassed after seeing the billion hostages the nightvision will stay equiped until you are back in the house

EDIT4: Seems like were having a massive bug hunt!

During the dream hall in the prologue the player can still interact with the first door during its opening sequence

allowing the sound to be repeated aswell as repeating the fade

#14 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/violentvalentine

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:44 AM

Spoiler

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.
Unless you have life hacks.

#15 mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:11 AM

This particular card is invisible when "model quality" isn't at max preset. Trash becomes flat and conceals it. Texture quality can be anything.

Developers, in the next patch, can move it like this:
UtQoRUJ.jpg

#16 mgr.inz.Player

mgr.inz.Player

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Inside registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve\Source\F:\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Underhell\Settings]

(yours can be different)

When shadows are set to Low:

r_shadowrendertotexture = 0

ShadowDepthTexture = 0

When shadows are set to medium:

r_shadowrendertotexture = 1

ShadowDepthTexture = 0

When shadows are set to high:

r_shadowrendertotexture = 1

ShadowDepthTexture = 1

Try this: run Underhell, set everything to max (what you can), shutdown Underhell, go to registry, edit values, launch Underhell. Also, can set r_shadowrendertotexture with "launch options" (+r_shadowrendertotexture 1).

It might work, or not.

#17 Prophet

Prophet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:03 AM

So I got stuck in the floor of this elevator. Luckily there is a checkpoint before this happens. What I did to get stuck was crouch behind the crates, ride the elevator down, loading screen happens, then I'm stuck in the floor. I just reloaded the checkpoint, and waited until after the loading screen to crouch.

Spoiler

#18 Dune Jumper

Dune Jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:15 AM

Why is this building in the water?

73ov.jpg

#19 LordiAnders

LordiAnders

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Steam:LordiAnders
  • Xbox Live:LordiAnders1337
  • PSN:Lordi160

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

Oh no no no! A bug!

When you start a chapter all the bateries you collected in the house will remain meaning if you had 16 batteries from the house you will start with 16 batteries in chapter 1

#20 Dune Jumper

Dune Jumper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

Sometimes after beating up Tyrone, the guards will fail to spawn/open the doors, forcing you to get stuck. And you'll have to load a save.

The glitch can be seen at 15:40 in this video: http://www.youtube.c...1LK3-avVI#t=940

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users