Mxthe

Bug Reports and Technical Support

83 posts in this topic

Can't jump in the dream after the shower fight if you fight the guards until the pipe breaks, so you can't continue the game where you need to jump on the table.

Can't jump in the dream after the shower fight if you fight the guards until the pipe breaks, so you can't continue the game where you need to jump on the table.

Weird, I was able to jump after that.

Weird, I was able to jump after that.

I don't know. I have restart many time. Every times I break the pipe and Ito shows out. I just can't jump at that part

Maybe not exactly a bug, but I found an amusing oversight while replaying the prologue.

You can kill the cop in the apartment bathroom by closing and then kicking in the bathroom door as he tries to come out. This isn't considered attacking him, so there's no retaliation.

I was in the North Wing, at the part where you shut down the power and have to follow Matthew. For some reason, Junior and Ben (I somehow forgot the guys in the North Wing are Carl, Todd, and Eric) kept lagging behind (as in they would just stop and wait to be killed) and dying. This somehow didn't register as a failure, and the game continued. Worse, Matthew would just froze up preparing to push the shelf over if they died.

Some guys experience the problem, after the battle in the butchery while running away from the infected Bryan won't appear, causing the story progress to stop.

Pretty minor problem that won't affect about 95% of players, but the cursor "locks in place" when disabling the hud via cl_drawhud 0. You can move and look normally, but every bullet you shoot travels to the exact spot you were aiming when you disabled the hud.

I have done everything said to prevent the error:

Engine Error: Could not load client library library client

And it still does not work. I have a non-steam version of Half-Life 2, but other mods run fine. I have no idea how to go about fixing this.

Don't understand. Are you trying to play the game without Steam? It isn't necessary because Underhell doesn't require Half-Life 2 to be owned and installed. All you need is download Source SDK Base 2007 from Tools in the Steam library and launch it at least once.

I meant my Half Life 2 will not be detected by Steam.

I tried that instead, but Underhell still errors. I don't understand how Underhell is the only mod that fails.

Edit, 7/25/14: I fixed it. Turns out I needed to get the Source SDK Base client.dll and server.dll.

Now I just need to figure out how to get into the chapters. Everytime I start a chapter or the house, it stops responding.

Can nobody help me?

After the fight in the showers with Tyrone, in the house part after that where you hide from the Guilt, after the Guilt runs away going through the following doorway results in a crash. I've tried changing resolutions, turning anti-aliasing off and on, experimenting to see if I let Tyrone win, if I don't take down any cops, or if I take a large amount of them down will change anything, and the result is always the exact same.

I get this crash as well. The game crashes with the sharededitor.dll file after walking through the doorway Guilt exited from. Please tell how to fix this, I'm just dying to get forward! :)

EDIT: Wohoo I got past it!

But I'm not sure what did it. I set all graphics details to Normal (Everything was set to High) and tried starting chapter 1 from beginning. I loaded game and walked to the backyard taking flashlight and checked the tree. However then I decided to try the Guilt scene once more and loaded the latest autosave. I passed the dream with no crash... :)

I think I narrowed it down... :)

Putting Shadow Detail to Normal (instead of High) prevents the crashing when picking up flashlight in the beginning and in the Guilt dream corridor.

I have played really far into Episode 1 now with no problems. Every other graphics setting can be High.

Hey, MxThe! The Red Star here, well my gaming partner The Blue Star is having some tech issues. We're doing a dual-com on the game, but he's starting his own playthrough. Problem is, he can't actually PLAY chapter one. After finishing the prologue, he has the message "I'm tired, I should go to sleep." He goes to bed, wakes up, but apparently didn't get enough sleep and is promptly told once again, "I'm tired, I should go to sleep."

This loop is making it impossible to play chapter one. Any suggestions?

Hey, MxThe! The Red Star here, well my gaming partner The Blue Star is having some tech issues. We're doing a dual-com on the game, but he's starting his own playthrough. Problem is, he can't actually PLAY chapter one. After finishing the prologue, he has the message "I'm tired, I should go to sleep." He goes to bed, wakes up, but apparently didn't get enough sleep and is promptly told once again, "I'm tired, I should go to sleep."

Did he entered the Dream Hall before? If not, then I'm afraid that Dream map is missing.

He ought to make sure that the Dreamcatcher is not on, and then play through the dreams.

After finishing the dreams, he has to cross the bright door at the end of the corridor.

Did he entered the Dream Hall before? If not, then I'm afraid that Dream map is missing.

Nope, he has the dream maps. Found the problem. Human error, not tech.

He ought to make sure that the Dreamcatcher is not on, and then play through the dreams.

After finishing the dreams, he has to cross the bright door at the end of the corridor.

Welp. Thanks. I have just started from chapter one every time since my first playthrough, so I forgot you had to do all the dreams in order to advance to the next chapter. Turns out that The Blue Star never finished the dreams, just finished dream one. I've let him know that he has to complete the dreams. Thanks for the help!

Hermit card isn't where it should be.

Does the card not spawn if you don't collect rewards? I didn't collect the crossbow after getting them all.

I got all 52, was really happy, then I found out there was a 'hermit card' went back to get it, and it wasn't there, so pissed. I have every other acheive, and just need to finish the house puzzles after I figure out the hermit card. http://imgur.com/Wdi3Oy9 (I know it's slightly further right, but that's just to prove im looking the right way)

EDIT:

Yup. I didn't bring the cards back. I just gotta finish another 2 hrs of gameplay and ze hermit card will be mine.

Okay, so I have a issue with this mod as a whole. It only runs at 6 FPS through 8 FPS average. I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing so just bare with me.

Underhell Minimum Requirements:

1.7 GHz Processor
1024 MB RAM
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card
Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

My specs. : 

Processor AMD Athlon II x2 250 ( 3.0 GHz )

4096 MB RAM

DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card

Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I have tried every fix there is on this topic and some other websites. I have also checked the Intergrity of the Source SDK 2007 and it still has not fixed it.

Please, i'm just a noob.

Hi! I just downloaded Underhell and found a crash that happens repeatedly, I googled around and.. well, didn't find a proper solution, or no solution at all for that matter... 

Whenever i start the basic training, (Triggering the door) the game crashes, with the shader file error. I've tried changing my Shader settings to, low, medium & High, same error whatever i do! 

I run DirectX 9. 

Dear Modderators

i downloaded the prologue version and it's working perfect, but when chapter 1 released i can't play, the HUD is visible but the screen is black... why i get that problem?

Dear Modderators

i downloaded the prologue version and it's working perfect, but when chapter 1 released i can't play, the HUD is visible but the screen is black... why i get that problem?

Did you install Chapter One on top of Prologue?

At the part when you have to block the double doors with your axe after escaping the Western L Block, if you do it before the doors actually close, the doors will open back up and the NPCs and doors will be stuck. I don't know if this was already reported, but I just looked through these pages on this topic and didn't see the same issue.

I thought there was a way to force a side quest to start through the console, but I couldn't find where I thought I saw that. The thing is, Bryan's first side quest won't start anymore after I have reloaded a save. I reloaded because I did initially have his quest in hand, but I didn't finish it quick enough and when I got back, it triggered the

Spoiler

Mathew revealing

sequence.

Sooo, just played this for the third time (first time on my new beast computer  :proud: ). But when it goes into the cutscene where Micheal talks about going back (after the maze thingy) it crashes when it goes into a loading screen after he says "Take me back to the labs". I get "hl2.exe has stopped working" and then the game closes. I have already validated Source SDK 07 and 13. Would appreciate help.

Sooo, just played this for the third time (first time on my new beast computer  :proud: ). But when it goes into the cutscene where Micheal talks about going back (after the maze thingy) it crashes when it goes into a loading screen after he says "Take me back to the labs". I get "hl2.exe has stopped working" and then the game closes. I have already validated Source SDK 07 and 13. Would appreciate help.

Try reinstalling the game. copy your saves to somewhere else so you don't lose progress though.