#61 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/violentvalentine

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

Some guys experience the problem, after the battle in the butchery while running away from the infected Bryan won't appear, causing the story progress to stop.

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.
Unless you have life hacks.

#62 Zman6258

Zman6258

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

Pretty minor problem that won't affect about 95% of players, but the cursor "locks in place" when disabling the hud via cl_drawhud 0. You can move and look normally, but every bullet you shoot travels to the exact spot you were aiming when you disabled the hud.

#63 Retro Austin

Retro Austin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Steam:(ND)Retro Austin Use text only

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

I have done everything said to prevent the error:
Engine Error: Could not load client library library client
And it still does not work. I have a non-steam version of Half-Life 2, but other mods run fine. I have no idea how to go about fixing this.

Don't understand. Are you trying to play the game without Steam? It isn't necessary because Underhell doesn't require Half-Life 2 to be owned and installed. All you need is download Source SDK Base 2007 from Tools in the Steam library and launch it at least once.

I meant my Half Life 2 will not be detected by Steam.

I tried that instead, but Underhell still errors. I don't understand how Underhell is the only mod that fails.

Edit, 7/25/14: I fixed it. Turns out I needed to get the Source SDK Base client.dll and server.dll.

Now I just need to figure out how to get into the chapters. Everytime I start a chapter or the house, it stops responding.

Can nobody help me?

#64 Kalevispetke

Kalevispetke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

After the fight in the showers with Tyrone, in the house part after that where you hide from the Guilt, after the Guilt runs away going through the following doorway results in a crash. I've tried changing resolutions, turning anti-aliasing off and on, experimenting to see if I let Tyrone win, if I don't take down any cops, or if I take a large amount of them down will change anything, and the result is always the exact same.

I get this crash as well. The game crashes with the sharededitor.dll file after walking through the doorway Guilt exited from. Please tell how to fix this, I'm just dying to get forward! :)

EDIT: Wohoo I got past it!

But I'm not sure what did it. I set all graphics details to Normal (Everything was set to High) and tried starting chapter 1 from beginning. I loaded game and walked to the backyard taking flashlight and checked the tree. However then I decided to try the Guilt scene once more and loaded the latest autosave. I passed the dream with no crash... :)

#65 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.

#66 Kalevispetke

Kalevispetke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

I think I narrowed it down... :)

Putting Shadow Detail to Normal (instead of High) prevents the crashing when picking up flashlight in the beginning and in the Guilt dream corridor.

I have played really far into Episode 1 now with no problems. Every other graphics setting can be High.

#67 The Red Star

The Red Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Steam:Mustang_wolf

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

Hey, MxThe! The Red Star here, well my gaming partner The Blue Star is having some tech issues. We're doing a dual-com on the game, but he's starting his own playthrough. Problem is, he can't actually PLAY chapter one. After finishing the prologue, he has the message "I'm tired, I should go to sleep." He goes to bed, wakes up, but apparently didn't get enough sleep and is promptly told once again, "I'm tired, I should go to sleep."

This loop is making it impossible to play chapter one. Any suggestions?

#68 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:54 AM

Hey, MxThe! The Red Star here, well my gaming partner The Blue Star is having some tech issues. We're doing a dual-com on the game, but he's starting his own playthrough. Problem is, he can't actually PLAY chapter one. After finishing the prologue, he has the message "I'm tired, I should go to sleep." He goes to bed, wakes up, but apparently didn't get enough sleep and is promptly told once again, "I'm tired, I should go to sleep."

Did he entered the Dream Hall before? If not, then I'm afraid that Dream map is missing.

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.

#69 Mxthe

Mxthe

Underhell Developer

• Moderators
  • 474 posts
  • Steam:Mxthe
  • Xbox Live:Mxthe
  • PSN:Mxthe

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

He ought to make sure that the Dreamcatcher is not on, and then play through the dreams.

After finishing the dreams, he has to cross the bright door at the end of the corridor.

#70 The Red Star

The Red Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:12 AM

Did he entered the Dream Hall before? If not, then I'm afraid that Dream map is missing.

Nope, he has the dream maps. Found the problem. Human error, not tech.

#71 The Red Star

The Red Star

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:14 AM

He ought to make sure that the Dreamcatcher is not on, and then play through the dreams.

After finishing the dreams, he has to cross the bright door at the end of the corridor.

Welp. Thanks. I have just started from chapter one every time since my first playthrough, so I forgot you had to do all the dreams in order to advance to the next chapter. Turns out that The Blue Star never finished the dreams, just finished dream one. I've let him know that he has to complete the dreams. Thanks for the help!

#72 TheLoneBrit

TheLoneBrit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

Hermit card isn't where it should be.

Does the card not spawn if you don't collect rewards? I didn't collect the crossbow after getting them all.

Spoiler

EDIT:

Yup. I didn't bring the cards back. I just gotta finish another 2 hrs of gameplay and ze hermit card will be mine.

#73 Punk6890

Punk6890

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:03 PM

Okay, so I have a issue with this mod as a whole. It only runs at 6 FPS through 8 FPS average. I have no idea how to do the spoiler thing so just bare with me.

Underhell Minimum Requirements:

1.7 GHz Processor
1024 MB RAM
DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card
Windows® Vista/XP/2000, Mouse, Keyboard, Internet Connection

My specs. : 

Processor AMD Athlon II x2 250 ( 3.0 GHz )

4096 MB RAM

DirectX® 9 level Graphics Card

Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

GeForce 6150SE nForce 430

I have tried every fix there is on this topic and some other websites. I have also checked the Intergrity of the Source SDK 2007 and it still has not fixed it.

Please, i'm just a noob.

#74 Sockerkorn

Sockerkorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted Yesterday, 02:08 PM

Hi! I just downloaded Underhell and found a crash that happens repeatedly, I googled around and.. well, didn't find a proper solution, or no solution at all for that matter... 

Whenever i start the basic training, (Triggering the door) the game crashes, with the shader file error. I've tried changing my Shader settings to, low, medium & High, same error whatever i do! 

I run DirectX 9. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users