#61 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/violentvalentine

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

Some guys experience the problem, after the battle in the butchery while running away from the infected Bryan won't appear, causing the story progress to stop.

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.
Unless you have life hacks.

#62 Zman6258

Zman6258

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 02:02 AM

Pretty minor problem that won't affect about 95% of players, but the cursor "locks in place" when disabling the hud via cl_drawhud 0. You can move and look normally, but every bullet you shoot travels to the exact spot you were aiming when you disabled the hud.

#63 Retro Austin

Retro Austin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Steam:(ND)Retro Austin Use text only

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

I have done everything said to prevent the error:
Engine Error: Could not load client library library client
And it still does not work. I have a non-steam version of Half-Life 2, but other mods run fine. I have no idea how to go about fixing this.

Don't understand. Are you trying to play the game without Steam? It isn't necessary because Underhell doesn't require Half-Life 2 to be owned and installed. All you need is download Source SDK Base 2007 from Tools in the Steam library and launch it at least once.

I meant my Half Life 2 will not be detected by Steam.

I tried that instead, but Underhell still errors. I don't understand how Underhell is the only mod that fails.

Edit, 7/25/14: I fixed it. Turns out I needed to get the Source SDK Base client.dll and server.dll.

Now I just need to figure out how to get into the chapters. Everytime I start a chapter or the house, it stops responding.

Can nobody help me?

#64 Kalevispetke

Kalevispetke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

After the fight in the showers with Tyrone, in the house part after that where you hide from the Guilt, after the Guilt runs away going through the following doorway results in a crash. I've tried changing resolutions, turning anti-aliasing off and on, experimenting to see if I let Tyrone win, if I don't take down any cops, or if I take a large amount of them down will change anything, and the result is always the exact same.

I get this crash as well. The game crashes with the sharededitor.dll file after walking through the doorway Guilt exited from. Please tell how to fix this, I'm just dying to get forward! :)

EDIT: Wohoo I got past it!

But I'm not sure what did it. I set all graphics details to Normal (Everything was set to High) and tried starting chapter 1 from beginning. I loaded game and walked to the backyard taking flashlight and checked the tree. However then I decided to try the Guilt scene once more and loaded the latest autosave. I passed the dream with no crash... :)

#65 ViolentValentine

ViolentValentine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Steam:http://steamcommunity.com/id/violentvalentine

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

like%20a%20boss.gif
Jake_haz_no_idea.gif
Games rules, life sucks.
Unless you have life hacks.

#66 Kalevispetke

Kalevispetke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:15 PM

I think I narrowed it down... :)

Putting Shadow Detail to Normal (instead of High) prevents the crashing when picking up flashlight in the beginning and in the Guilt dream corridor.

I have played really far into Episode 1 now with no problems. Every other graphics setting can be High.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users