The_Blazer

"Map Market"?

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

This is not a real "I create stuff" topic, but I tought it would be a good idea to post here. So, what about making some kind of "market place" in the wcs website, some kind of big hub where people can download maps for various games, comment them, and such? obviously when I say "market" I still mean free stuff.

note: if you noticed bad english... well, deal with it, I'm not english

PS Here is a very shitty preview of what I mean for "map market".

post-17085-130410085796.png

AAAWWW how to add "spoilers" (stuff that only shows up if u click on "show")

http://www.moddb.com/

Edit: Sorry for the short initial post I had to be somewhere. It's basically ModDB what you're describing - on top of that they also have a digital distribution service, I believe it's called Desurer (although don't hold me to that).

yes, I know about moddb, but that website is for any game, and doesnt contain many maps, it's more about mods. I meant an internal market with ONLY source games maps, not a giant hub like moddb

There are sites for that too*... And they're not very successful, so why would this be?

Look, you had a nice idea but it isn't going to go anywhere. Moddb is good enough for these purposes.

* a fact I just made up.

yes, I know about moddb, but that website is for any game, and doesnt contain many maps, it's more about mods. I meant an internal market with ONLY source games maps, not a giant hub like moddb

If it ain't broke then don't fix it - ModDB works well and personally I like that it covers more than just Source games. I don't think there's anywhere near a large enough number of releases here to qualify a market of its own. Oh and market kinda implies you'll be paying for them.

All in all, I don't think it's going to happen.