Mr. Bucks

Scary Event Triggers *SPOILERS*

44 posts in this topic

Hello, I've been playing the House prologue for quite a long time now. I really love the scary events and I can't stop explore the House (Good job maaan ;D) - But really, I'm beginning to think, that I've experienced all the "non-random" events. The last "non-random" I've exprienced so far, was the night, where she got out of the bathroom. Since then, I've only experienced random events, like that door on the 1st floor shutting, as you look at it etc. However, I've seen some kitchen moments, where you actually see her (Link below)

So I'm just wondering - How do you trigger these events? And how many different events are there?? (Really, you don't have to answer how many there are, if there's a lot)

There are about 60 events in the house for now, and some have been removed to be kept in later versions.

These events are not completely random, they are scripted depending on the time of day and night, of what is the position of the player, and sometimes depending on what the player did or not.

I am glad you got that bathroom event, it happens only once, hope it was fun.

There are about 60 events in the house for now, and some have been removed to be kept in later versions.

These events are not completely random, they are scripted depending on the time of day and night, of what is the position of the player, and sometimes depending on what the player did or not.

I am glad you got that bathroom event, it happens only once, hope it was fun.

60?! Thank god, then I have a lot more to see :D So I'll just keep walking around checking mail and do the daily routine untill something happens? Or do you have to do something specific after that bathroom event, or has it nothing to do with further events? btw, the bathroom event was sooo epic, I was like "OH GOD, IT'S HAPPENING!!!". Then I ran around in the house and ran intro the bathroom upstairs where there was a SPOILER. Great job! Didn't breathe for 2 minutes or so x)

The 60 events are very different, some are simple sounds, some are doors opening or "something" moving around.

Some are more visual and very few work like the bathroom one.

Keep in mind that this is the Prologue only, there are more chapters to come each with it's own version of the house with some new and different events, and some other cool events will stay.

The 60 events are very different, some are simple sounds, some are doors opening or "something" moving around.

Keep in mind that this is the Prologue only, there are more chapters to come each with it's own version of the house with some new and different events, and some other cool events will stay.

Can't wait :) Thanks man, that's all I wanted to know. I appreciate it ;) btw, I'm excited about the last metal room in the Dreams Corridor :o

I love the haunting, remind me of Silent Hill 4: The Room. :D

The list of haunting I see so far are below. seeing them are really making my hair stand. :D Good job on this mod, mate.

1. The door will randomly open and close sometime.

2. As you enter the house from the front door, some time you will see a shadow pass through on up stair.

3. The light on up stair will start freaking out.

4. In the basement, there are a small window. Sometime you can see "her" foot there, as you get close. It will disappear.

5. Sometime the phone will ring, as you answer it. You may hear a shriek and the window will break, this will trigger the waking scene.

6. The bathroom on up stair in night...

7. Sometime when you climb up/down into/out from attic, you will see "her". This will trigger the waking scene.

8. When you heard door open up, go to up stair. You can see the locked room closes before you can get into it.

(Are the spoiler working?)

uh_house_00000.jpg?t=1304681534

You should make a scary tv event that will be cool pls.

Even though everytime she attacks you, you end up waking up again, I wonder why shes doing this to the player...

but im more concerned about a event where you will actually get killed >.<

A random event where the player has no control and just dies, and has to reload the game ?

Don't be concerned, that would be a bad design choice, imposing a reload...

It is indeed...

Watching people play your game and get scared is the best experience I ever had...

I guess I'm evil...

I like it...

I love the haunting, remind me of Silent Hill 4: The Room. biggrin.gif

The list of haunting I see so far are below. seeing them are really making my hair stand. biggrin.gif Good job on this mod, mate.

1. The door will randomly open and close sometime.

2. As you enter the house from the front door, some time you will see a shadow pass through on up stair.

3. The light on up stair will start freaking out.

4. In the basement, there are a small window. Sometime you can see "her" foot there, as you get close. It will disappear.

5. Sometime the phone will ring, as you answer it. You may hear a shriek and the window will break, this will trigger the waking scene.

6. The bathroom on up stair in night...

7. Sometime when you climb up/down into/out from attic, you will see "her". This will trigger the waking scene.

8. When you heard door open up, go to up stair. You can see the locked room closes before you can get into it.

(Are the spoiler working?)

uh_house_00000.jpg?t=1304681534

Srsly, what lies within that closet, ive never really explored the house because im too scared to do so :,(

It is indeed...

Watching people play your game and get scared is the best experience I ever had...

I guess I'm evil...

I like it...

lol you aren't evil it's just great to see people play your game and get scared it's really good too, at least it isn't like those other games that sound scary but couldn't scare a child

It is indeed...

I guess I'm evil...

I like it...

I guess you'd have an even better experience watching me play it. The simplest stuff scares me senseless, for example the day -> night.

I know of another scare. At night, as you walk into the kitchen, all the cabinet doors will suddenly open and play a sound. It made me pause the game for 5 minutes before continuing.

Are cries one of those sound scares?

Are cries one of those sound scares?

Yup, Probably. on an unrelated note, i went into the attic, with mat_fullbright 1. attic scare did not happen yet... happened in my face. i actually jumped back, with a face of pure fear: :holyc: Great work on making me crap my pants. Can't wait for chapter 1.

EDIT: oh shit, double post. deleting old one

mat_fullbtight makes the game brighter, so this mean that you can see the scares more cleary. A scare is, as the name says, a scare moment in the game, there's no mat_fullbright scare, tought since it's just a graphical command, the scare that other guy mean is when you go to the attic and you may have a...surprise. And why you don't wanna play the mod?

mat_fullbtight makes the game brighter, so this mean that you can see the scares more cleary. A scare is, as the name says, a scare moment in the game, there's no mat_fullbright scare, tought since it's just a graphical command, the scare that other guy mean is when you go to the attic and you may have a...surprise. And why you don't wanna play the mod?

c-c-correct.... And for more Explanation of mat_fullbright 1 it pretty much makes the game have NO shadows, as if lighting had not been put in a map yet. i'll post a picture soon.. if i can get the strength to play underhell....

edit: shit doublequote