Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mario

NH2 - Chef Doesn't Attack!?

12 posts in this topic

I played the first NH and it worked like a charm and now I started playing Nh2 and it worked perfect until the part where you need to get the Axe and when you turn to open the door nothing happens , the door doesnt open and the zombie chef doesnt stand up to attack you. I can countinue the game using the Noclip cheat but i just want to AXE that zombie :P.

I know its my fault... maybe I didnt installed it correctly or the install exe was corrupt , I dont really know!> thats why im here .

Thanks for the help :D

Did you do everything right? Did you USE the door and everything?

I really don't know what to say...

Yes , I stood in front of the door and pressed the 'E' button the thing (i dont know whats called) moved but the door doesnt open.

Well thanks anyway mate ...

EDIT: I tried it again after re-installing NH2 , but it stuck again so I opened the console to see whats missing and I saw this just after using the door , hope its gonna help you out helping me :D

-

Precache called on a point_template that has no templates: chef_maker

Precache called on a point_template that has no templates: janitor_maker

Well, I don't know then. Either wait for Hen to answer or continue with noclip and hope it doesn't break other things. I'm afraid I can't think of another solution...

Just let me get this 100% straight though: Did you check <video> walkthroughs and make sure you took everything in that room? Is there absolutely no reason for the chef not to come to life?

Yes i watched a video walkthrought and I did everything >> Got inside the room>> took the axe >>> saw some blood >> opened the door and I was ready to kill him (maybe he knew that that's why he doesn't stand up xD)

Well lets hope Hen knows a solution :D ... thanks for your reply man :)

Can you give me a link to your Steam profle?

Weird no one ever had this kind of thing, and now two people are getting it? where did you guys downloaded your NH2 copy?

Anyway, just noclip pass that door and see if the rest of the game works fine.

What u mean with "Just noclip pass that door"

Cause i can stuck the door open so if u pick up the axe it's still open, but when i come further everything crashes... So

Where did you download NH2? Is HL2EP2 updated?

I am getting same problem,

Game play is fine up intill Chapter 1 .

I was thinking it was part of the game trying to hack my way out with an axe, use the hook and toss some pans around,

But i seen the tutorial on youtube and I now know the chef comes to life.

My chef is dead with no head. and doesnt come to life after i pull out axe door closes and I am stuck in the kitchen forever.

Anybody figure out this glitch/how to fix it.

What u mean with "Just noclip pass that door"

Cause i can stuck the door open so if u pick up the axe it's still open, but when i come further everything crashes... So

Noclip is a cheat that allows you to fly out of the map and through that damn door >:)