Xemgoa

Her behavior...

34 posts in this topic

There is something odd about her behavior now when i think about it.

During the day, shes actually just trying to scare you on a small scale and just watch you, as though shes keeping a eye out for you or waiting for you to do something specific.

During the Night, she turns things up and gets really violent and frightening... Mostly ending up getting you "killed" and waking up again.

But one thing, it might be because i dont keep track of the time is that the Attic entrance and the Phone [at night i think] is when she gets really violent, the Bathroom one is a no brainer. Why does she react the most to those three places?

I really hope more chapters release so i can see more action and see more house activity and events, to see more of the story... but... im worried for that one event where you can really get killed and have to start over, and you will have to becareful how you tread in the house.

Its either almost like there is two of her... or shes got a dark side to her that really. really. really. REALLY doesnt like you and takes over during the night or when trying to get to the attic.

I agree, and I have some ideas for this too.

First off, look at Her dress during the day and night. When it is daytime and She scares you, She is pale and has a white dress. And She really has no interest in hurting you, but she is sort of looking out for you.

On the other hand, during the night, when She is actually trying to hurt you or make you pass out, She has a black asphalt texture dress with blood splatters all over it and has a greyish color to her skin. Much like normal zombie games, but more menacing. I have a feeling that Jake knows more than we do about how She died, and She is making him pay for it in a way by filling his nights with horror. There is also a possible tie in with the "Guilt" that chases you in the first dream. I'm almost positive that Jake knows more than we do about these things. Because you noticed by now, when you try to go into the closet during the day, She stops you. this could lead to something very important in the matter of her death being protected by Her ghost.

There could also be Jake's psychosis. All She really is is memories, happy or sad.

Judging by the letters from Dr. Romero and NLH hospital, Jake is having problems mentally because of Her death. Due to this, he has flashbacks and night terrors that show Her. During the day, he just sees glimpses of Her, probably due to a memory that he had of seeing Her like that.

BUT during the night, his mind is more vulnerable due to him being tired and in such an unstable mental state that memories or thoughts of Her comes more violently. After She died, he probably got the mentality of "I could have saved her, this is my fault" and other things like that. Although he can handle it in the morning, it's coming out at night due to exhaustion. This could also be represented by the "Guilt".

Or I could be completely wrong. these are just some ideas.

I agree, and I have some ideas for this too.

First off, look at Her dress during the day and night. When it is daytime and She scares you, She is pale and has a white dress. And She really has no interest in hurting you, but she is sort of looking out for you.

On the other hand, during the night, when She is actually trying to hurt you or make you pass out, She has a black asphalt texture dress with blood splatters all over it and has a greyish color to her skin. Much like normal zombie games, but more menacing. I have a feeling that Jake knows more than we do about how She died, and She is making him pay for it in a way by filling his nights with horror. There is also a possible tie in with the "Guilt" that chases you in the first dream. I'm almost positive that Jake knows more than we do about these things. Because you noticed by now, when you try to go into the closet during the day, She stops you. this could lead to something very important in the matter of her death being protected by Her ghost.

There could also be Jake's psychosis. All She really is is memories, happy or sad.

Judging by the letters from Dr. Romero and NLH hospital, Jake is having problems mentally because of Her death. Due to this, he has flashbacks and night terrors that show Her. During the day, he just sees glimpses of Her, probably due to a memory that he had of seeing Her like that.

BUT during the night, his mind is more vulnerable due to him being tired and in such an unstable mental state that memories or thoughts of Her comes more violently. After She died, he probably got the mentality of "I could have saved her, this is my fault" and other things like that. Although he can handle it in the morning, it's coming out at night due to exhaustion. This could also be represented by the "Guilt".

Or I could be completely wrong. these are just some ideas.

Besides the mental thing, i think your spot on about those facts...

...She could be a memory, or shes really back from the grave, but as two separate entities. One which to condemn you by any means nessecary...but it seems she cant since you only just wake up after a attack, so something or "someone" is saving you at these moments...

At day, she does just spook you, but shes just looking out for you and keeping you on your toes.

...So far the Dark side of her cant come out freely during the day, and the basement is probably not dark enough...

...The attic, however, is even where she can get you even in the day since its dark enough up there...

...The Attic... The Bathroom... and that one spot in the Kitchen, they have a connection since she reacts the most to those locations.

...I fear for the further progressions in Underhell, even if you decide to spend outside from the house, she will find someway to get you...

But your right, its his guilt

[Warning, spoilers or possible theory, dont read if you dont want to]

That moment when he was exposed to the gas, he became, what i could only assume, a completely animalistic mindless and ferociously dangerous monster, powerful enough to kill everyone to a point of spill all their blood to fill a mall from the floor up... A MALL!? That gas must be VERY dangerous...

And cause of his exposure...a new life runs around in his mind, but it has developed over his guilt of what he has done, and i guess his mind did the only thing it could is lock it away. But it keeps breaking out easily, getting to him, and running off afterwards in his mind...

...The Wife, the Monster of Guilt, the Gas...

well, he did say in his dream that light is the only defense against the nightmares..

i have a feeling that a "fight" of sorts will show up in the house in later updates. the flare box is a big BIG hint to this.. and i agree with everything else.. i wish that Mxthe could reveal just a bit, because i'm getting to paranoid to play the game now.. at least the house.. haha. it's great.

but how will the axe, shovel, laser sight, ect. show up? will you have to kill the ghost or something later in the game?

only the developers know now.. it's just for us to find out later, i guess.

When I went in the attic and saw "her" I was so scared I never went in the attic again. :D

What happens in the kitchen? Other than the doors randomly closing themselves during the day at least. I could have sworn I saw a silhouette walk through the doorway too, but I think my mind was playing tricks on me. Also, do you ever get a phone call that isn't a cold call? The "TV" tutorial told me to always answer the phone, but it's only rung once and it was a cold call.

Also, someone rang the doorbell, I think I'm meant to go through the house and answer the door, but I took the faster route from where I was and went through the gate but nobody was there, the mail box said something about a missed package from Tom hawk-something.

well, he did say in his dream that light is the only defense against the nightmares..

i have a feeling that a "fight" of sorts will show up in the house in later updates. the flare box is a big BIG hint to this.. and i agree with everything else.. i wish that Mxthe could reveal just a bit, because i'm getting to paranoid to play the game now.. at least the house.. haha. it's great.

but how will the axe, shovel, laser sight, ect. show up? will you have to kill the ghost or something later in the game?

only the developers know now.. it's just for us to find out later, i guess.

Shit, now you remind me of that. I am scared to play the future chapters now.

Don't be scared, whatever happens remember...You only die once...

In real life at least...In the game you can keep dying again and again...And again...

But death is not what is worse in Underhell...

Don't be scared, whatever happens remember...You only die once...

In real life at least...In the game you can keep dying again and again...And again...

But death is not what is worse in Underhell...

...Oh you >w>

...But what could be far worser then Hell itself? doth the woman be not whom we think it be, but a demon that came into the house by some means!?

What could be under hell itself!?

I have been so lucky to not experience any of these "nightmare attacks". However, the piano played by itself once, and when I went into the living room, it stopped.

And then I stepped on a prop once. The sound scared the living shit out of me.

Once in the day time, I heard the phone, I answered it, after a few seconds, I heard a growl and the windows broke and woke up in the bed. It scared the livings out of me.

Once in the day time, I heard the phone, I answered it, after a few seconds, I heard a growl and the windows broke and woke up in the bed. It scared the livings out of me.

JEEEEEZ!

I get that one almost every time I set foot in the bedroom.  Never fails to make me jump.

I've also caught a glimpse of Her crouching next to the front door once or twice.

Has anyone seen any scares that use the mirrors yet? (spoiler tags please)  I haven't, but I'm still afraid to close the medicine cabinet or pass that mirror in the downstairs hallway.

I get that one almost every time I set foot in the bedroom.  Never fails to make me jump.

I've also caught a glimpse of Her crouching next to the front door once or twice.

Has anyone seen any scares that use the mirrors yet? (spoiler tags please)  I haven't, but I'm still afraid to close the medicine cabinet or pass that mirror in the downstairs hallway.

The hallway mirror will shatter randomly if you pass it.

Actually now I see her in the day wearing her black dress. After I got this in the mail

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=176394252

Edit* I also had something weird happen

I was in the kitchen when I went into a slow down mode and I saw a blue light flash and after that I heard a splash of water.

Guess what

She was inside the sink

She can actually attack you even during the day, it's just random; She is, however, more likely to attack at nighttime, whether this is because everything is more scary with the lights off, or for some story-filled reason, such as her death being in the middle of the night, or the fact that she knows that you can't see as well in the dark. What I find odd is why she attacks you in minor forms(sanity-wise, she scares you and you wake up in your bed), but then

she seemingly kills Angelo or as I recall helps you in the Chapter 2 teaser.

My only guesses as to why she's doing this is because she's "playing with her food" and plans to kill you later, seeing as every demon ever always wants to kill the player, but maybe she's mad at him, just not mad enough to the point where she wants to kill him? Those are my best guesses as to why she hurts you minorly when she does the same to your enemies.