Xemgoa

Her behavior...

34 posts in this topic

She can actually attack you even during the day, it's just random; She is, however, more likely to attack at nighttime, whether this is because everything is more scary with the lights off, or for some story-filled reason, such as her death being in the middle of the night, or the fact that she knows that you can't see as well in the dark. What I find odd is why she attacks you in minor forms(sanity-wise, she scares you and you wake up in your bed), but then

she seemingly kills Angelo or as I recall helps you in the Chapter 2 teaser.

My only guesses as to why she's doing this is because she's "playing with her food" and plans to kill you later, seeing as every demon ever always wants to kill the player, but maybe she's mad at him, just not mad enough to the point where she wants to kill him? Those are my best guesses as to why she hurts you minorly when she does the same to your enemies.

Angelo was her killer. She was getting revenge.

How do you know that Angelo killed her? I don't see anything leading to that. Angelo said he was just taking surveillance. 

She can actually attack you even during the day, it's just random; She is, however, more likely to attack at nighttime, whether this is because everything is more scary with the lights off, or for some story-filled reason, such as her death being in the middle of the night, or the fact that she knows that you can't see as well in the dark. What I find odd is why she attacks you in minor forms(sanity-wise, she scares you and you wake up in your bed), but then

My only guesses as to why she's doing this is because she's "playing with her food" and plans to kill you later, seeing as every demon ever always wants to kill the player, but maybe she's mad at him, just not mad enough to the point where she wants to kill him? Those are my best guesses as to why she hurts you minorly when she does the same to your enemies.

That's what I thought at first, but the timeline doesn't add up. Angelo was in the Well for like a month, but She only died a week ago.

How do you know that Angelo killed her? I don't see anything leading to that. Angelo said he was just taking surveillance. 

That's what I thought at first, but the timeline doesn't add up. Angelo was in the Well for like a month, but She only died a week ago.

Angelo was not her killer, she killed herself. But the spookiness behind it is she had no real reason to. I don't know what the physical circumstances were except for the location. In the upstairs bathtub in the bathroom next to the bed. Angelo's main target was Jake. I'm not sure whether he was to sneak up on Jake, or to assassinate him, his 'Well' incident occurred long after the Prologue. When I first read the ModDB download page for UnderHell, it said she died a month before the prologue. I thought Angelo died after the prologue due to the fact that you're unable to access the Well until the Chapter 1 House comes along(When you first start going to bed early, there's a thunder strike that occurs on a nearby tree in the middle of the night). I thought I read somewhere that Frank shot him and his allies, burnt them, and tossed them in the Well. So, there are two possibilities regarding the time Angelo's Well scenario was unlocked: 1) Frank was not killed in the helicopter crash or just wasn't within the helicopter, and took Angelo out, and the tree's being knocked over after the prologue house is completed was called for by some ghost(perhaps 'Her' so she can get Jake to lure Angelo back to the house after getting out so she can kill him while her powers grow maybe?(I say her powers are growing because she never affected Jake when he was NOT at the house until Chapter 2's teaser)), or 2) Frank took Angelo out shortly before the call, the logs that Angelo recorded were taken a LOT longer time than expected, and the tree's being destroyed was merely a convenient event.

As for 'Her' behavior, I would say that either she hated Jake to the point that she wanted to kill him, knew that it was wrong, and took it out on Angelo when he came back to the House. Or She knew that if she hadn't taken Angelo out, he would be an intense threat to Jake, whether it was in the present, or the future.

When I first read the ModDB download page for UnderHell, it said she died a month before the prologue.

Did not remember reading that. I looked at the updated calendar.

Calendar_Sep_2013.jpg

From what you can see, "She" died a week before the Prologue events.

I get that one almost every time I set foot in the bedroom.  Never fails to make me jump.

I've also caught a glimpse of Her crouching next to the front door once or twice.

Has anyone seen any scares that use the mirrors yet? (spoiler tags please)  I haven't, but I'm still afraid to close the medicine cabinet or pass that mirror in the downstairs hallway.

SPOILERS

In The House, the downstairs mirror can shatter. Scares me every time.

In Chapter 1 there's a scare. Its when your in the Residential Area on the top floor. In the bathroom where you find a card for a split second something appears in the bathtub beside you. I think its random though, I loaded and it didn't happen.

That's not the part where the timeline doesn't add up. The title screen slide show will tell you this. Jake finds his wife dead in the bathtub, then a few slides later, Frank is shown in Jake's back yard with a silenced pistol and a lit fire and the well behind him. This is when he killed Angelo and the other two, and burned and dumped their bodies.

The timeline rift is that Jake somehow ended up looking down there a month later, in whatever existent or non existent time period The House takes place in.

When I first read the ModDB download page for UnderHell, it said she died a month before the prologue.

Did not remember reading that. I looked at the updated calendar.

Calendar_Sep_2013.jpg

From what you can see, "She" died a week before the Prologue events.

But what about the fact that the prologue doesn't allow you to do certain things such as access the well? It never specifies HOW LONG it had been when you start chapter one.

Could have been a day, could have been a year. The only hint to a timeline is that the calender doesn't change, but that doesn't matter. It's just for decoration. I've slept more than 30 times and the calender doesn't change. It's not meant to keep time.

So chapter one could have taken place a month after the prologue, then Frank killed Angelo and his squad on week one, then Jake finds him a month later after his diary said it's been a month.