Ido

We Create Stuff under attack

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Lemme just copy pasta my answer to Ethan about the downtime and errors: We had a malware injection on our server, hacker attack of some sort. I had to take down some stuff to fix it and make sure nobody's affected. Things are now fine, but some stuff aren't fully online yet like we have some database issues... Hopefully it'll be fully fixed within a few days.

Oh, no worries btw - no passwords or whatnot were stolen. The intruder had access to some files on the server but not the database.

The forums seem to work fine, the only errors popping out were related to the front page system which is not working correctly. So meanwhile I reverted the skin back to the default IPB one so it won't try to connect, therefore not display any more errors.

The reason for the attack is probably an outdated Wordpress OR IPB version. This means the forums will go through an upgrade asap and might be offline for a few hours later this week. I know you guys must be mad at us for not posting any updates but I think it's pretty clear by now that, well, 'life happens', and we don't have as much time for our hippy free projects anymore. We still maintain WCS on a low profile because we still love it, and one day we will make more awesome WCS games.

Thanks for being awesome and reading this

WCS

*opens web browser*

*sees default IPB skin*

whhaaaaaaaaa

Sup, another update. The front page isn't up yet, didn't have much time and we pretty much have to re-write it since we also upgraded the php version leaving the old one unsupported. We'll put a bunch of links soon.

Ethan notified me for spambots on the status update section of the forum. That's pretty odd, considering if they have managed to register, pass captcha and email verification, they could flood the forum pretty easily.

But things are pretty cool otherwise, yeah? Please keep me up to date. Again I'm sorry for no having the time to do this on my own full time. But you know, if anybody comes across anything that may help me nail the problems down when I finally sit down to nail them, it'd be great. You all know how to get in touch with me or Hen.

I love your hair today,

Ido

Finally some news, I thought you completley ditched this forum after the attack.

I can't get an avatar, somebody help me. I am getting an error message when I try to change it

Yo, I just changed my photo and it worked fine. Uploaded, not through URL. What kind of error are you getting?

Sorry I'm trying to reproduce this error. Any more details?

I've been trying to upload an image, and import an image from URL. No avail.

Is there a size limit?

I just went through all the photo settings, none limit the file size or resolution. It could be a server problem (php size limit or folder permissions). email me the photos you are unable to upload, I'll try to test them on myself

ido at the domain above