ThoughPony2140

my creation - van buren project

1 post in this topic

Hello.

Upon playing NMH2 I was drawn here and i would like to share my stuff. Also I would like to say I was amazed by the level of dedication and effort the NMH team put into their project.

My creation is a fallout style remake of interplay's version of fallout 3 (the cancelled van buren). I chose this project as fallout 1&2 are one of my favorite games. (Though I do recognise the games made by bethesda as decent games, the experience was ruined for me as i completed oblivion about 4-5 times previously, and the similarities started to be painful.)

Since my "special ability" is programming only, I only used the free content provided with the engine demo.... After all, graphically a game looks as good as you make it.

Anywho, about a year ago i grabbed an engine called Neoaxis and the demo / design documents made by interplay before the project got canned, and decided on recreating the fallout features myself. It has been a great (and very hard!) experience until now, but I am very close to a working tech demo.

I have also made a devblog and more random images can be found here.

Here are a few images of what it currently looks like. As i have said - the projects contains only placeholders currently.

achievement_1.png

ObjectInventory.png

MoreConversation.png

post8_1.png