CerealYT

A question on Copyright claim from IDG Germany

4 posts in this topic

On my most recent gameplay video of Nightmare House 2 I seen this come up:

Your video may include the following copyrighted content

• Visual content administered by:

IDG Germany

I'm curious on how they can claim copyright when it wasn't created by them and the mod is completely free of charge, I'm not making any money from my video either.

Did you edit your video in any way? Was it anything other than pure NH2 gameplay?

In that case there's nothing actually wrong, so just claim against that claim (I heard there's a way to do that) and your video should be back up in no time.

However if you did edit the video, like adding music somewhere or something like that - then that's probably why.

I have a similar issue on youtube. My videos are completely unedited, and yet youtube says there is a copyright claim as follows:

"Northern Storm", musical composition administered by:

Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society

Could I get a verification that this content is not present in the mod before submitting a dispute? Or a confirmation from the developers on the website or this forum that the content is permitted for use in youtube videos to ensure that all Let's Players and Commentators can properly deal with these claims?

I didn't edit my video at all it was pure NH2 gameplay with my commentary, I did a lot of research on them after posting this thread and it turns out that they do false claims on a lot of videos and that it could also be youtubes' copyright scanning thing that gives a false positive.