Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duke-Nukem

Game Crashes at Chapter 7 ...

9 posts in this topic

Hi ! i'm enjoying this awesome mod a lot , but the game crashes at Chapter 7 ( SPOILER )third nightmare( END SPOILER )I tried to start a new game directly at Chapter 7 but it doesn't work , keep crashing :zom?: can someone help me please ?

I'm no tech expert, nor a part of the development team, but since nobody else seems to be helping as of now, I'll see what I can do :P You said the game crashes right as the third nightmare begins? Or does it happen at a specific part at the third nightmare? Try playing through the third Nightmare with the console open and see if anything meaningful is being printed out. Do you have a legit version of Half Life 2 ep 2? Have you played Half Life 2 ep 2 at least once? Have you tried re-installing Nightmare House 2? If all else fails, there might be a specific map you can load to in order to bypass that nightmare, but we shall have to see.

thanks for the answer ! it crashes at a specific moment indeed , (SPOILER) when she throws away the car on the zombies , you fall down , then you hear a voice , it crashes right at the moment i start to hear voices ! i have a legit version , already played ...

Hmmm so this is the third nightmare during the boss-battle then? Is it possible to open the console after the game crashes? Or does the game completely lock up and have to be force closed? What OS are you running?

Unfortunately there is little I can do to help at this point :X I am not part of the development team, nor do I have experience with this type of modding, so the best I can do is recommend re-installing the game, and/or HL2-Ep2, but there is no guarantee that either of those will work