mwendell

3D Display Tech in iOS

4 posts in this topic

Downloaded Interlocked for iOS the other day, amazing game, thanks!

I was wondering if you could reveal a little about the technology used to create the smooth 3D object rotation in iOS. Does Interlocked use something like the Unity engine?

I'm a web developer with a few iOS apps in the app store. I have a client who sells building supplies who would like me to build a catalog app with 3D representations of the items that the user could rotate in 3 dimensions and zoom easily (so something like Reel is probably out). I thought I could use WebGL, but support still isn't there. Most of my experience is with PhoneGap apps, but I have a native-code developer who I work with when I need something more complex.

If you'd rather no post, you can email me directly, the forum has my address.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

m.

Hey,

The engine behind Interlocked is 100% custom built for the game in C++.

The renderer itself is built using OpenGL ES 2.0, it's pretty similar to WebGL. Since Interlocked has very modest 3D needs I preferred to build everything myself to make things run butter smooth. The renderer is pretty standard and I could have used Unity, but because my own has only the necessary features for Interlocked it was worth the effort/

Does that catalog have to be an app? For an app, you're right, PhoneGap and WebGL don't sound realistic to me at this stage. For the web, HTML5 and WebGL sound pretty good. You can take a look at Flash and AIR - they have good 3D support, you can make pretty GUIs there and it's cross platform.

If you have more questions feel free to ask :)

Nikita

Love never ends. But RS Gold as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; but when the complete comes, the FIFA Coins partial will come to an end. When I was a child, I thought like a child; when I became and adult, I put an end to childish ways. For now we see in mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and FIFA 16 Coins love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.

Женатый сотрудник по охлаждающим системам за копейки прокачает и осуществит вечерний ремонт холодильников Бирюлево без мусора хоть в деревне с полисом на всевозможные детали.Увидеть и скачать расценки вы можете у нас на сайте.

------------------------

круглый прямой ремонт холодильников на Вернадском проспекте

без проблем

увеличенный прямой ремонт холодильников в Покровское-Стрешнево

красиво

сьемный прямой ремонт холодильников в Строгино

плотно

увеличенный плавкий ремонт холодильников

вечером