Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donut

[SPOILERS] Chapter 1 discussion

41 posts in this topic

Could we all stop discussing here walkthrough?

There is a dedicated thread for this of you look closer

Back on topic

I wish to say that, yeah. Most (but not all) of the Prologue questions has been answered in Chapter 1

But you know what is the most annoying part about it?

With Chapter 1 I have x10 more questions than I had about prologue. And now we have to wait, god knows how many years for Chapter 2 T_T

With probability that it might not even come out at all

So guys, share with us, what is the most haunting questions you want to get answers for from Chapter 1 events?

Here is my list:

(Heavy spoilers)

From Chapter 1:

1) What the hell happened to Matt? Why his glasses just cracked and why was he grinning a split second before ceiling collapsed on to him?

2) Who the actual f*ck the Michael is?? What was that he tried to extract from Jake before the beginning of Chapter 2?

3) Who is pursuing Jake in House? I mean its certainly NOT only Mrs Hawkfield. There is someone else there...

4) Where the hell did Takeo came from in the ending? What he wants from Jake? Did he tried to protect him or capture him?

5) What happened in the ending? Why Jake directly came in to face his Guilt and Her?

Did he finally Let Her Go?

6) Was Jake shot in the head or not? Was half of the events in ARC facility just a hallucination?

7) What was Terry talking about when he jumped off the train to stay with Ben?

8 ) Did Hermit survived? I will be really sad if he didn't :c

9) What about Bryan?

Still from Prologue:

10) What about Frank??!!

11) What happened in UDRC facility? How and why Jake became Berserk?

We still don't know/not completely sure water Jake IS a human (being protected by spirits?) or he is a genetically/biologically modified humanoid?

Personal note to Mxthe:

Screw you dude!

Now Underhell will basically haunt me forever until I get all these answers!

Screw you man! T___T

I can answer a few of those questions, simply because they can be logically deduced from playing the game and paying attention.

(Heavy spoilers)

I'm serious, heavy spoilers.

I'm really REALLY serious, really REALLY heavy spoilers.

From Chapter 1:

1) That is the first time he smiled, in the face of death.
2) Micheal "apparently" wanted to know what was in the Journal, and it seems, he couldn't extract it in time.
3) ...
4) Jake saved Mia in the lab, when the gas kicked in, he put his Gas Mask on her, for that Takeo/Raito is grateful.

Also, Takeo/Raito made a promise on the radio to "come back from them" once Mia would be safe. He is keeping that promise.
5) That scene was symbolizing Jake's confusion, him facing his demons, and finally waking up. All the previous events were *mixed* between reality and fantasy. Afterwards, he is wide awake.
6) As the Officer said in the Interrogation "We already know what happened from the moment he was shot in the head, so you can just forget everything that he said AFTER THAT." Therefore what happened before, was real.
7) He mentioned a promise he made to someone, and that person dying because "he wasn't there", he is trying to amend from the past, and keep his promise.
8 ) Since you can forget about what happened after "Jake was shot in the head", you can make your own conclusions out of it.
9) As soon as you step out from the interrogation room, you can see him escaping from the other interrogation room, to your right, you also see Takeo flashing, meaning he is helping him out.

Still from Prologue:
10) ...
11) For that, finish the house completely, and walk through the Dream door at the end, hopefully that last bit of exposition will make you understand, what really happened in the U.D.R.C

It is possible to make those conclusions just by paying close attention, and connecting the dots.

Well, it's not that I didn't guessed that these were the answers. I knew them like a part of my theory

It's just that I was EXTREMELY confused on what to think after headshot

And about last dream. I can see the bright light at the end of the corridor, but always get one same error of hl2.exe stopped working

Other than that, I can say that Underhell is the top in my list of most breathtaking, heart taking or whatever it's called, stories I ever experienced

Full of riddles and mysteries

It's like someone ripped very interesting newspaper into little shreds and threw vita around in a 2 km distance in a cornfield

You really should write a goddamn book

A few posts above answered most of my questions, but there is still a few things I'm unlear about...

1. When I run around in the forest at night, some humanoid thing is audibly following me around. It shows itself for a split second before I run back to the house. What is that thing, and is it the entity littering the house with dead crows?

2. You say that the escape in Chapter 1 was fake after the headshot moment, and the interrogation room is real. Is the House reality and Underhell's plot aside from the escape also real?

3. I didn't get all the exposition on Janus on my first go, so what exactly is the organization? After thinking about Matthew's statements hinting that there is an Illuminati-like organization in existence, is Janus essentially an Illuminati-like entity?

4. HOW did Igor survive getting shredded in the beginning? Not even a zombie can survive that.

5. If I read right, that entity that looks like Emily in NH2 is not actually Emily, just Jake's wife assuming her form. I assume that the real Emily is still just haunting NLH or moved on?

6. I may be overthinking this, but since Michael was killed in the end of Chapter 1, he won't come back at the end of Chapter 2 and say "Ah, but Chapter 2 was just a dream!"

7. How exactly did the Infection get all the way to the city? Ito's men seemed to have the bunker with the zombies very locked down.

8. Other than plot armor, why was Jake not able to get infected? Is he immune?

9. All known wives of someone in Underhell (and NH2) are homicidally crazy (Those being Romero, Jake, and Matthew), while those inferred to be single or unmarried (like the female in that first batch of survivors you rescue) seem sane. Will this be a plot point?

10. Since the player never saw them die, are Terry and Ben considered dead for sure, or just MIA?

Also, where are those pliers for the House section? The objective was vague, and I've looked in the Shed all over the place for it when I read the Underhell Wiki's description. I know where the fence is, though. The objective said something about something missing from the woods. Pictures would be great if a word description wouldn't be satisfactory.

I can answer two of your questions

I know answer for some of them as well but I want you to find it out yourself

2) Everything is pretty much real. Even escape with Bryan. But that's just my guess. Only unreal moment is what happens after Hake and Bryan crashed in a car accident

4) Igor wasn't in the first battle with Jake. It was his brother Victor

6) Who said Michael is dead?

If you take a closer look, the only body that you can't see in the room is Michaels body

About ch.1's gameplay

To be honest, the left 4 dead part are fine. Even sometimes the hordes just kill  the player in a dead end.

Zombie AI can climb up and jump up and down in some maps, and that's very neat.

However, most levels are just narrow corridors so it doesn't  show its true potentials.

Most players would just stay behind props so the zombies could never get to them.

Maybe we can see solutions in the future?

There's a very huge spoiler

During exploring the well I remembered a picture from The Prologue background memories. Is Frank involved in what happend with Angelo? MPeu5Wuc3TI.jpg

About ch.1's gameplay

To be honest, the left 4 dead part are fine. Even sometimes the hordes just kill the player in a dead end.

Zombie AI can climb up and jump up and down in some maps, and that's very neat.

However, most levels are just narrow corridors so it doesn't show its true potentials.

Most players would just stay behind props so the zombies could never get to them.

Maybe we can see solutions in the future?

Try hardest difficulty, turn off glowing outline effect

And well, corridor shooter is when there is only ONE way to advance throughout the campaign. You can escape many ways from incoming hordes and you can roam around. Corridor stuff don't have elements of an open world

There's a very huge spoiler

During exploring the well I remembered a picture from The Prologue background memories. Is Frank involved in what happend with Angelo? MPeu5Wuc3TI.jpg

Yes! It was no doubt Frank is

the one who got rid of Angelo, Thompson and Jenkins.

Frank seemed to ALWAYS had an eye out for Jake

And based on that preliminary finding where Frank holds silenced gun and shovel, while standing near the burning pile of woods, I believe that Frank is not just a simple SWAT Commander

Remember what Matthew said about his mentor?

"I actually never thought that I would miss his voice, how he always used to say 'Hah, you hooligan'."

That's exactly what Frank says to Jake if he goes assaulting hospital, all alone, without giving a GO command to his squad mates

One major question that's been bugging me ever since I completed Chapter 1.

Just how did

Igor survive getting dumped into a meat grinder?

EDIT:  Disregard this.  I only just saw Donut's post on the matter.

I'm just curios...

A lot of people did asked about Igor and Victor

The thing is that both brothers were not just sort if mentions, but clearly were talked about TWICE

First time when Bryan introduced Jake to both of em

And second where Terry had quite a long speech, describing who these brothers are (after Malcolm's death)

Also, when waking up for the first time after A.R.C facility, after you go past showers, both guards are talking about them. (But on the second playthrough they had a completely different chat)

A few posts above answered most of my questions, but there is still a few things I'm unlear about...

10. Since the player never saw them die, are Terry and Ben considered dead for sure, or just MIA?

Personally, I believe that 

Ben and Terry may have escaped as well, as they may have taken another possible train, if another one ever showed up, Although it may be unlikely that they survived the checkpoints.

6) Was Jake shot in the head or not? Was half of the events in ARC facility just a hallucination?

Or either that,The wind speed :P just making a crappy theory since the sniper looked far away (not too far) but you know, cuz realism.