Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mkilbride

Endless Hordes...

13 posts in this topic

Now Mxthe tells me enemies do not infinitely respawn. However I am at a part of the game, Maintainence, where they constantly spawn as I am looking around. He said 5 Hordes, maximum.

I've killed 8. The body count exceeds 60 in this area right now, and I finally was killed and lost quite abit of progress. Anyone else had this issue? Also had enemies that do not go away when searching for you, which is annoying, making stealth useless.

For 5 minutes this one guy ran in circles around the place I was hiding, so nothing I could doooo.

Found the issue with enemies not going away, fixing up in incoming patch (today).

About the endless hordes in that area, I added a failsafe to make sure that doesn't happen, going up in the same patch.

Found the issue with enemies not going away, fixing up in incoming patch (today).

About the endless hordes in that area, I added a failsafe to make sure that doesn't happen, going up in the same patch.

We won't lose our saves if we download the patch, right?

Depends where you save from !

This patch mostly fixes issues in the early game, if you are passed the first safe room, I would say it's not necessary to get it.

The game is pretty bug-free after that.

I enjoyed the endless waves as well, it added a sense of urgency to the areas where it happened. I think it would be appropriate if you kept it for hard difficulty (if at all possible), hard is supposed to have more enemies anyway.

I didn't like it at first, but then I noticed that it had a certain scare factor about it. For example, if you beat a zombie over the head, you might bring 4 other zombies to attack you, and then when they die, you're chased all over the map by angry zombies.

The only problem I could see was the limited ammo. When I killed off a few hordes, I barely had any ammo to fight the next wave.

Just to many for me to think of it as horror.

When I stopped and looked at 30 + bodies all piled up on each other, just, I dunno.

And the 4-Valve area pissed me off. Low light, low visability, almost no sound, AND hordes, and multiple attack directions? Frustrating, not scary.

Just to many for me to think of it as horror.

When I stopped and looked at 30 + bodies all piled up on each other, just, I dunno.

And the 4-Valve area pissed me off. Low light, low visability, almost no sound, AND hordes, and multiple attack directions? Frustrating, not scary.

At that part, and no offense to you Mxthe you made a godly example of what a modification should be, but I have to agree.

Luckily, I had a shotgun and a piss-load of Flares and batteries, so I was not too hurt to find some corner to tuck into and open fire.

Well, I died twice, I did the corner thing as well.

But I hate games that keep forcing endless hordes. It killed my desire to explore areas.

I'd say then, try to turn the valve as soon as possible, then run topside to a chokepoint with enough room to strafe.

Yeah, "four valves" place. I lost 1.5 hours there - valves aren't highlighted (at least for me, I'm still using v1.01) and every time I missed the last one.

On this "map", full belly, batteries, "Lucy" and Axe is a must.