Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan101

Advancing in the House? (Spoilers)

41 posts in this topic

Hi, I've completed Underhell (well, chapter one, anyway) but I seem to have reached a stop-off point in the House. I did all the stuff required to move on to the prologue, and some of the stuff between the prologue and chapter one, but past that whenever I go back to the House it simply tells me to investigate the noises in the fog, which starts off chapter one all over again.

I know there's more stuff to do in the House, cause I keep hearing references to the well, investigating the forest, and so on, but I can't seem to find out how to trigger all this. Any ideas?

At the end of chapter 1, the game should have send you back to the house.

If the game crash, you can load your latest save, it should take you right before the loading.

If you restarted the house from the chapter selection menu, that's pretty sad, and you might have to solve the puzzles in the house without hints!

Start with the broken tree in the back yard, good luck.

Oh, at the end of chapter one it just sorta... continued on into chapter two, I guess? I never got sent back. I should point out I'm playing the earliest released version of this mod, btw (the one released on September 2nd, that is.)

Should still be fine, what happened when you finished chapter 1? Maybe you crashed and just booted up the house again.

Never crashed, except during chapter two, which was pretty unrelated to the House anyway, I think. Things just kinda slid naturally from one thing to the other.

I had a crash aswell in the same level,

I was escaping from the terrorists that came to kill me  but at the part where Jake's wife gets infront of him and tosses him away, it crashed. When I loaded it for the second time it didn't.

Just press Tab guys, the hint shows the way.

If you are stuck somewhere, post your current hint, and I'll show you the way.

I had the same problem I think you answered what's wrong but I didn't quite get what you meant.

Do you have to finish the bit with the prison? I  passed the first SWAT bit and got delivered by helicopter to some prison. Then I went back to the house to investigate the tree. 

Also, the shovel isn't by the bags near the slide. I haven't found it yet but I want to dig up the thing by the tree. Is the shovel elsewhere and I'm not looking properly or is the game bugged or something?

Once you have finished the Prologue, press tab and follow the hints to solve the puzzles around the house.

Once you have solved every puzzle in the house, you must go to sleep and play through the dreams, open all the dream doors and complete the Dreams puzzle.

Once you have completed all the dreams, the last door at the end of the dreams corridor will open, granting you passage to the Chapter 1 house, which is where you will find the shovel.

If you have crossed over the "Let Go" door, then you have been sent to the Chapter 1 house, as soon as you wake up in the rainy thunder night, you will need to grab your flashlight and investigate the tree.

Simply follow the hints that are given to you, if the current hint is "I hear something beyond the fog, in front of the house" it means you have not yet played through Chapter 1.

The hints for the Chapter 1 house unlock as soon as you finish the Chapter, but it is possible for you to actually complete the House puzzles without the hint, if you are smart and observant enough.

Wait what? So I DON'T need to beat the part in the prison to get the shovel? I mean, I know where I want to dig I just can't find the shovel. Do I need to reset the house by selecting the chapter?

Every time you see the green "Checkpoint..." letters on the top left, it has autosaved.

You can check your last autosave in the Load menu, just make sure to close the Load menu and open it back up for it to refresh.

Thanks! Sorry for hassling you the past day xD 

Thing is, I'm not very good when it comes to horror but I like mysteries so I've been trying to almost "Speedrun" the house to avoid the scares.

EDIT: Found the shovel, going to the tree now. Hope there aren't any jumpscares :P

EDIT, AGAIN: Still says go to the fog and stuff, tryign to figure out how to lift the lid of the well I dug up. I think I'll play the actuall campaign/story now xD

If you have crossed over the "Let Go" door, then you have been sent to the Chapter 1 house, as soon as you wake up in the rainy thunder night, you will need to grab your flashlight and investigate the tree.

Simply follow the hints that are given to you, if the current hint is "I hear something beyond the fog, in front of the house" it means you have not yet played through Chapter 1.

The hints for the Chapter 1 house unlock as soon as you finish the Chapter, but it is possible for you to actually complete the House puzzles without the hint, if you are smart and observant enough.

I've definitely completed chapter one and am still getting this hint. I'm guessing something didn't trigger correctly - can you tell me at which point it sends you back to the House between chapter one and two?

I've definitely completed chapter one and am still getting this hint. I'm guessing something didn't trigger correctly - can you tell me at which point it sends you back to the House between chapter one and two?

If I remember right, Jake falls in a dumpster after seeing Fake Emily/his wife. Takeo runs to the window to look, and then runs in the opposite direction.

Oh, so is it a post-credits thing? Should I wait through the credits? Cause it just kinda cut to that after the event you describe, and I closed outta the game.

Edit: Yep, it's post-credits. That's kinda annoying, but whatev. Happy to be able to keep playing!

Is there more dreams after all the new ones?

I've completed the house

got to the point where I find the tunnel and can't go any further

Now I finished the dreams by going towards the light and passing through the let go door.

Once I did that I wake up but I keep getting the "I must sleep early" which takes me back to the dreams I just finished.