Tabe

!Spoilers! My thoughts after Underhell Chapter 1

124 posts in this topic

I gotta say, the love and passion in this mod is just overwhelming, the characters are so alive and I have so much to say, I'll take a few points I wanna get out here.

-Firstly, I can't be the only one who got a tear down my cheek when Junior died, mostly because Bryan reacted so realistic, I could hear the panic in his breathing when he rushed around, confused and freaked out.

-Wich leads me to the second point. Some one wrote in the Underhell Wiki that Bryan died when you crashed with the jeep, but there is nothing to back that up. He could still be alive.

-And third, Terry IS still alive, he is too god damn awesome to be dead. At least I hope he is alive...

-It is still unclear who killed all those people at the prologue. Jake was taken to that prison because he was the only one alive, but its still unclear if he did kill them, but that creepy guy with a suit knows something...

I got lots of things to say but I'll save my breath. So, If I was wrong about anything, or if you want to correct me, please tell me, but be friendly, this isn't Call of Duty.

Some one wrote in the Underhell Wiki that Bryan died when you crashed with the jeep, but there is nothing to back that up. He could still be alive.

That someone is stupid and/or didn't pay attention. Everyone already knows that escape part after shot in the head was a fantasy. And you can see Bryan alive in the Chapter Two beginning.

-I felt really bad for Junior and Bryan, which is good, because it got me very motivated to kick Igor's ass.

-Bryan is alive, if you look to your right when you escape the interrogation room, you'll see the door of the next room fly open and Bryan will make a break for the stairs. (I'll try to get a screenshot)

-I do believe Terry and Ben are still alive somewhere, the facility did not blow up, that was just a mental projection of Jake's representing a stress release or something (I can't remember Michael's explanation), so they were sucessful in their task. Besides, with Ben's technical knowledge and Terry's experience, how could they possibly fail?

Spoiler if you haven't finished the house completely:

-I haven't connected all the dots yet, so don't quote me on this, but from what we have learned in the last dream, Jake has been to both facilities at some point, and he wasn't supposed to have been to A.R.C., he wasn't actually taken to the A.R.C. at the start of chapter 1, he was sitting on a chair hipnotized, and they forced him to describe events that happened in the U.D.R.C. (the mall), but he knew about the A.R.C. and projected his memories on that place instead. Personally, I believe that his memories of being gassed in the A.R.C. are actually his memories of being gassed in the U.D.R.C; notice how it all starts when Jake goes after Mia (a character who is mentioned by a worker at the U.D.R.C.) in the elevator hall, and then, when we are done with all that crazyness, we're back to the same place where it all started, right on time for the big escape. I think Jake never left the elevator hall, he waited for Terry and co. to arrive, but that's where his memories split. But then there's the issue of how they found him... the officer says he was shot in the head by a sniper... That's not what happened at the end of the prologue. So there's something fishy going on.

Nihilo : You almost got it, keep connecting man, you made me smile.

So...  He did was an inmate in A.R.C or all the time Michael was trying to get infomation from him? 

Until he was shot by the sniper anything he felt and seen was real?

Then they somehow managed to take him back to the city?

-I felt really bad for Junior and Bryan, which is good, because it got me very motivated to kick Igor's ass.

-Bryan is alive, if you look to your right when you escape the interrogation room, you'll see the door of the next room fly open and Bryan will make a break for the stairs. (I'll try to get a screenshot)

-I do believe Terry and Ben are still alive somewhere, the facility did not blow up, that was just a mental projection of Jake's representing a stress release or something (I can't remember Michael's explanation), so they were sucessful in their task. Besides, with Ben's technical knowledge and Terry's experience, how could they possibly fail?

Spoiler if you haven't finished the house completely:

-I haven't connected all the dots yet, so don't quote me on this, but from what we have learned in the last dream, Jake has been to both facilities at some point, and he wasn't supposed to have been to A.R.C., he wasn't actually taken to the A.R.C. at the start of chapter 1, he was sitting on a chair hipnotized, and they forced him to describe events that happened in the U.D.R.C. (the mall), but he knew about the A.R.C. and projected his memories on that place instead. Personally, I believe that his memories of being gassed in the A.R.C. are actually his memories of being gassed in the U.D.R.C; notice how it all starts when Jake goes after Mia (a character who is mentioned by a worker at the U.D.R.C.) in the elevator hall, and then, when we are done with all that crazyness, we're back to the same place where it all started, right on time for the big escape. I think Jake never left the elevator hall, he waited for Terry and co. to arrive, but that's where his memories split. But then there's the issue of how they found him... the officer says he was shot in the head by a sniper... That's not what happened at the end of the prologue. So there's something fishy going on.

Let me get it.

He never really was there?

Nihilo : You almost got it, keep connecting man, you made me smile.

So the events of Chapter 1 didn't take place "in the present", but they did happen. Up until the escape you were just playing Jakes memories?

Let me get it.

He never really was there?

He has most definitely been to both facilities, and both of them had an outbreak (judging by what Terry said about code red). Everything (except for the over-the-top escape from A.R.C) has happened. The hard part is figuring out what happened where, and when.

Could the memories of the A.R.C be the memories of the old Jake. You know the one before our current Jake clone.

If that's the case, then perhaps the original Jake ("Guilt"?) broke out of his tank and killed everyone, that's what we saw in the prologue, a memory. If that's so, then what really happened to SWAT Jake in the gas room in the prologue was the whole Takeo/Raito saves Mia scenario.

They were trying to fix something, find a cure for the infection perhaps; Jake had a different reaction to the gas in Chapter 1, he did not go berserk, as such, SWAT Jake (the supposed clone) must be immune to the gas/infection. They succeeded! This would also explain why he was the only prisoner in the prison block to not become a zombie.

Some things still don't add up though, if he's a clone, then which Jake met Bryan and the others? When did that happen?

Have you gone through the towards the end?

Where you read Tom H's journal.

"One side I have my work... on the other I have my dying son"
Tom Hawkfield Jakes dad he's the western Janus

"With nearly unlimited reseources and with the best minds I still cannnot save my son."
Jakes's dying and Tom can't save him

"While Posterus could be his salvation it can also seal his doom"
Jake dies I would assume

"Like brothers they go in pairs... They look so much like him"
Clones of Jake, nuff said

Some things still don't add up though, if he's a clone, then which Jake met Bryan and the others? When did that happen?

No clue it's confusing given that the events of Chapter 1 are no longer in chronological order and are thrown out the window when we find out Jake was under a hypnosis. Unless if I recall Marcus was taking about that they developed a different strain of the gas. It could be that the first time Jake was exposed to it he had the "wonderful" reaction. The second time he was exposed his body was used to it that why he had no violent reaction. :unsure:

Yeah, I saw that, but I didn't quite figure it out at the time, your interpretation makes a lot of sense. There is one thing bothering me, when he says "they look so much like him", shouldn't he be saying "they look so much like each other" or something to that effect? Does that imply that there are two clones of Tom's son? Three Jakes?

I don't think there are any clones of Jake, I think after the first exposure to the Gas he developed some sort of Antibodies that prevented him from going Berserk the second time, but still left him to nearly choke out until the Hermit/Raito arrived, I have no clue what Janus was talking about but I am sure Jake is his son, I don't know why on that and I could easily be wrong, If chapter 2 somehow leads back to the Facility, there could be multiple scenarios and multiple branchings on the happenings to the characters who were left behind, any of these could be true and I most definitely will not even get one right.

Scenario 1: Terrance is dead, Ben found his way to the Hermit.

Scenario 2: Ben is dead, terrance is a mess, the Hermit remains alone.
Scenario 3: the SWAT who found their way into the Facility met up with Terrance and Ben and returned to the City, the Hermit is left behind.
Scenario 4: Both the SWAT and Ben and Terrance were slaughtered by the Facilities MP's and the facility was secured despite the cities outbroken state.
Scenario 5: Raito/Takeo had already helped Ben and Terrance escape the Facility before heading to help Jake and Bryan, the remaining MP's were unsuccessful in containing the Facility which is why the city is swarmed, unfortunately the Hermit was left behind and would probably be the only one still breathing in the facility.
Scenario 6: Raito/Takeo had already helped Ben and Terrance escape the Facility before heading to help Jake and Bryan, the remaining MP's were successful in Securing the Facility but despite this the outbreak still spread to the City.
One more theory, when I was coming through the game for my very first time, I pieced something together that may end up being true and a very big deal or may end up nothing at all, what if the reason the warden of the A.R.C. spared Jake his long speech is because the 'Daughter' Bryan and others mentioned was Jakes deceased wife? and what if her death had something to do with the cover-up of the first/second outbreak? very unlikely theory, and I doubt it.

And I don't think there is anyway Terrance/Ben would both survive in the facility without Raito or the Hermits help.

... but im a pessimist

Some one wrote in the Underhell Wiki that Bryan died when you crashed with the jeep, but there is nothing to back that up. He could still be alive.

That someone is stupid and/or didn't pay attention. Everyone already knows that escape part after shot in the head was a fantasy. And you can see Bryan alive in the Chapter Two beginning.
That someone is probably GreenEyedGirl

He is the wiki creator and probably only contributor ATM

So, what people saying here, is that there are two Jakes. And when one does one thing, another one sees/knows about it?

This just got extremely interesting and tempting to be revealed but... It melts my brain

:o