Tabe

!Spoilers! My thoughts after Underhell Chapter 1

124 posts in this topic

Also, a silly thing to note: During the Marcus fight, Marcus himself can be killed 5 seconds after the fight starts if you shoot him with a shotgun when you regain control of Jake. It is balanced out when the super-soldier things come to shoot you afterwards...

Also, a silly thing to note: During the Marcus fight, Marcus himself can be killed 5 seconds after the fight starts if you shoot him with a shotgun when you regain control of Jake. It is balanced out when the super-soldier things come to shoot you afterwards...

I don't know if that boss was supposed to be something more. I doubt Marcus expected Jake to even reach him, not thinking he could blow a hole through 20 guys standing outside the room.

The fight started, I equipped my magnum, and blew his leg clean off. I then awaited the oncoming ACEs. Still loved the fight.

I think that you play as two Jakes. Remember at the end of the prologue, while you were still in the interrogation room, you overheard this:

"I have my orders. We'll take him with us."

"The hell you will! This is our jurisdiction. Who the hell do you think you are?"

"You don't want to know. Take him away."

Remember, you were IN THE ROOM when you heard this. But in the intro of Chapter 2, I went by a hallway and heard the exact same conversation. I peaked around the corner and saw the police officer that had blamed you for everything at the end of the prologue. And he was talking to two terrorists.

I think that Jakes dad created clones of Jake to (technically) keep him from dieing, and in the prologue you play as one Jake, and in Chapter 1 you play as the second Jake.

Okay... Your theory opened so many memories of when I played the game that I actually had to get up out of my chair and walk around for a bit.

Now, even though you don't know me, and that sentence makes no sense, let me assure you... NOTHING has ever created such a moment of clarity that I had to do that.

Your spoiler of the "We have our orders" explains one more thing.

When you escape, Micheal and the others were killed by whatever was in the room, you're playing as Jake 2 and escaping.

In the prologue, the last thing you hear before the "We have our orders" line, is "So Jake... Tell me."

Then the screen flashes and nobody is in the room. You hear the "We have our orders."

This is when Micheal and the others are in the hallway.

THIS IS WHEN YOU PASS JAKE 1 AS JAKE 2.

That plothole was sealed, along with many others that I can't even BEGIN to go into detail about in this mental state. I'm so tired I'm about to pass out.

Oh thanks for mindfucking me with that BTW, I'm not gonna sleep tonight. I'm gonna be up all night thinking.

Well my mind has officially been fucked by all of you. Anyways great game Mxthe, cant wait for the next chapter and more mind fucking. i'm going to go cry now because my brain hurts.

I think that you play as two Jakes. Remember at the end of the prologue, while you were still in the interrogation room, you overheard this:

"The hell you will! This is our jurisdiction. Who the hell do you think you are?"

Remember, you were IN THE ROOM when you heard this. But in the intro of Chapter 2, I went by a hallway and heard the exact same conversation. I peaked around the corner and saw the police officer that had blamed you for everything at the end of the prologue. And he was talking to two terrorists.

I think that Jakes dad created clones of Jake to (technically) keep him from dieing, and in the prologue you play as one Jake, and in Chapter 1 you play as the second Jake.

Okay... Your theory opened so many memories of when I played the game that I actually had to get up out of my chair and walk around for a bit.

Now, even though you don't know me, and that sentence makes no sense, let me assure you... NOTHING has ever created such a moment of clarity that I had to do that.

Your spoiler of the "We have our orders" explains one more thing.

When you escape, Micheal and the others were killed by whatever was in the room, you're playing as Jake 2 and escaping.

In the prologue, the last thing you hear before the "We have our orders" line, is "So Jake... Tell me."

Then the screen flashes and nobody is in the room. You hear the "We have our orders."

This is when Micheal and the others are in the hallway.

THIS IS WHEN YOU PASS JAKE 1 AS JAKE 2.

That plothole was sealed, along with many others that I can't even BEGIN to go into detail about in this mental state. I'm so tired I'm about to pass out.

Oh thanks for mindfucking me with that BTW, I'm not gonna sleep tonight. I'm gonna be up all night thinking.

That is a good point...I assumed you play as Jake 1 in the prologue AND chapter 2, Jake 2 is only in chapter 1. At least one Jake is gone for some reason. Maybe Jake 1 is under quarantine for being infected now, or maybe Jake 2 was sniped in the face and died.

I'm gonna stick with my theory that Chapter 2 Jake is the same as Prologue Jake. Chapter 2 Jake is being haunted by his wife, something that never occurs to chapter 1 Jake (because he doesn't have a dead wife). And the scene with Michael in the diner has you switching between which Jake you play as, meaning you're switching BACK.

If the Two Jakes theory is true, then Jake 2 is dead for sure. The escape in the desert thing was just Jake 2's brain dying and transferring to Jake 1.

I'm pretty sure Jake 2 is still alive, and is in the police station with Jake 1. Just in another room.

If the Two Jakes theory is true, then Jake 2 is dead for sure. The escape in the desert thing was just Jake 2's brain dying and transferring to Jake 1.

I'm pretty sure Jake 2 is still alive, and is in the police station with Jake 1. Just in another room.

He got shot in the brain. Plot armor aside, how could he had survived that?

He got shot in the brain. Plot armor aside, how could he had survived that?

At the end of the prologue, while you were still in the interrogation room, you overheard this:

Remember, you were IN THE ROOM when you heard this. But in the intro of Chapter 2, I went by a hallway and heard the exact same conversation. How could Jake hear it from two different locations? Because 2nd Jake was there. Also, next to the people talking, I saw a locked door with words next to it that said "Interview 1". I nocliped in there, and the room looked very similar to the room you were sitting in at the end of the prologue. Not exactly though. But I doubt Mxthe wanted to perfect a room you're not supposed to be in anyway. Who knows how Jake 2 is still alive. But I'm positive he is.

Surviving a shot to the head is not uncommon. Your skull is round, it's hard to make a bullet go straight through it.

But if there are two Jakes, Jake 2 being dead is inconsequential. You don't technically play as two Jakes, you play as one (probably the original) controlling another. We know he has more than one clone, Jake 2 could have been fresh out the tube just to be sent to the facility, which explains his lack of reason for being there.

While this theory of there being 2 jakes sounds really interesting, I don't really like leaning towards it very much. I like to think that you are always the same character but I think later in the game you'll find yourselve in a similar situation to that of the end of chapter 1, having your memories being projected or something, this is idea is probably a bit cliche, but my reasoning behind it is the fact that I'm still trying to make sense of the house, I mean, after chapter 1, whenever you look at yourselve from the mirror, you can see the bullet wound, and this is weird, I mean, in which point of the story would Jake come back to his house? You can understand that the house is in the infected city because you're able to see this skyscrapers that look like the twin towers from your house, and you can also see them in chapter 2, and I don't think Jake would come back to his house in a zombie city, I think the house is some sort of safe heaven in his memories, we're he can take a break, of course until his memories of his wife start haunting him. If there really are 2 jakes, why was one of them send to prison? Actually, now that I think of it, in the prologue, Frank does say that when they tracked down the choppers back to Arizona they found lots of dead bodies, could things be going in parallel events? Its just so confusing.

Just noticed something. A PDA entry by Bryan mentioned a Jess. Who is that? This is the PDA:

After a week here I'm starting to get around how this place works, it's pretty simple really, just follow orders and try not to mess around with the inmates too much.

It's not unlike the Rangers, just find a couple of guys I have a good feeling about, and stick with them, do a few favors here and there, make a name for myself as the cool guy, and I'll be fine.

I hope Alex and Jess are okay out there, and I hope he won't try to find me like he always does....

I took a look at who Jessica is on the Wiki, and it proposed that the picture below is her. I remember someone else seeing this picture before, but not knowing who it was.

The Wiki says that she and Jake's Wife are friends. Coincidence?

200px-Jess.jpg

Michael is alive. His body is suspiciously missing.

The invisible man was probably Takeo, because he moves very fast.

Bullshit.

I walked over to his chair and saw him lying on the ground, limbs sprawled, lifeless face. He died instantly, and I stared at his corpse for a good minute or two before I made my way out of the interrogation room.

Michael is alive. His body is suspiciously missing.

The invisible man was probably Takeo, because he moves very fast.

Bullshit.

I walked over to his chair and saw him lying on the ground, limbs sprawled, lifeless face. He died instantly, and I stared at his corpse for a good minute or two before I made my way out of the interrogation room.

That's the other guy (the skeptical one). If you move fast, you will see Michael alive in the elevator. He's still in play.

Just noticed something. A PDA entry by Bryan mentioned a Jess. Who is that? This is the PDA:

After a week here I'm starting to get around how this place works, it's pretty simple really, just follow orders and try not to mess around with the inmates too much.

It's not unlike the Rangers, just find a couple of guys I have a good feeling about, and stick with them, do a few favors here and there, make a name for myself as the cool guy, and I'll be fine.

I hope Alex and Jess are okay out there, and I hope he won't try to find me like he always does....

I took a look at who Jessica is on the Wiki, and it proposed that the picture below is her. I remember someone else seeing this picture before, but not knowing who it was.

200px-Jess.jpg

I was talking about this in another topic

Some one wrote in the Underhell Wiki that Bryan died when you crashed with the jeep, but there is nothing to back that up. He could still be alive.

That someone is stupid and/or didn't pay attention. Everyone already knows that escape part after shot in the head was a fantasy. And you can see Bryan alive in the Chapter Two beginning.

Bryan was in the beginning of Chapter 2? WHERE!?

200px-Jess.jpg

In the second safe house, Bryan and Alex were talking wondering if "Jess" was alright. He also talked about giving money to her.

200px-Jess.jpg

In the second safe house, Bryan and Alex were talking wondering if "Jess" was alright. He also talked about giving money to her.

You can also get a call from her I think. I remeber her saying how it didn't make sense why she died because she was happy.