Tabe

!Spoilers! My thoughts after Underhell Chapter 1

124 posts in this topic

If the Two Jakes theory is true, then Jake 2 is dead for sure. The escape in the desert thing was just Jake 2's brain dying and transferring to Jake 1.

I'm pretty sure Jake 2 is still alive, and is in the police station with Jake 1. Just in another room.

He got shot in the brain. Plot armor aside, how could he had survived that?

Its rare, but people can survive a bullet to the head.

You can also get a call from her I think. I remeber her saying how it didn't make sense why she died because she was happy.

No, that was Linda, "Her" co-worker from veterinary clinic.

So I've been thinking about the state of everything at the start of Chapter 2. Clearly, the zombies are attacking the city, but some would naturally get away into the suburbs or countryside. So how, exactly, will ALL the zombies be killed? Because even if one survives, there can be further outbreaks down the road.

Michael is alive. His body is suspiciously missing.

The invisible man was probably Takeo, because he moves very fast.

Bullshit.

I walked over to his chair and saw him lying on the ground, limbs sprawled, lifeless face. He died instantly, and I stared at his corpse for a good minute or two before I made my way out of the interrogation room.

That's the other guy (the skeptical one). If you move fast, you will see Michael alive in the elevator. He's still in play.

But everyone else was a cop. Michael is the only one in a black suit.

Bullshit.

I walked over to his chair and saw him lying on the ground, limbs sprawled, lifeless face. He died instantly, and I stared at his corpse for a good minute or two before I made my way out of the interrogation room.

That's the other guy (the skeptical one). If you move fast, you will see Michael alive in the elevator. He's still in play.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote tag broke for your name. No clue why.

Err... I saw the body, and took a screenie. Unfortunately, I had to use the console. As soon as I got close to the body, the light that showed him burst. I had to turn on mat_fullbright to actually be able to see him. So, here's his body, lying lifeless on the ground. Micheal is dead.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902138687560821369/EF6ABF7FF9F916ECCF0C3D02DD618F51BE10A831/1024x819.resizedimage

And as for the other suited guy, he left the room to get his coffee, and after the airplane thing, he ran out of the room.

Bullshit.

Err... I saw the body, and took a screenie. Unfortunately, I had to use the console. As soon as I got close to the body, the light that showed him burst. I had to turn on mat_fullbright to actually be able to see him. So, here's his body, lying lifeless on the ground. Micheal is dead.

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/902138687560821369/EF6ABF7FF9F916ECCF0C3D02DD618F51BE10A831/1024x819.resizedimage

And as for the other suited guy, he left the room to get his coffee, and after the airplane thing, he ran out of the room.

That still isn't Micheal. The guy on the ground has a beard.

Go look at the elevators just after you leave the interrogation room. Get a picture of that guy close-up, and show me that *that* guy isn't Michael.

...2...Jakes....Clones....Dreams....WAT. I'm really confused. Can someone sum all this up please? 

People believe that most of Chapter 1 was just a prequel, where you play as Jake 1. Prologue and Chapter 2 is Jake 2.

After replaying Underhell, the plot is apparently much simpler than you think. After the Prologue, Jake was sent underground the city to the ARC facility. Although Chapter 1 happened, you play through a retelling of the events from Jake's mind, so certain things that happened in it may not have actually happened. Jake snaps out of it in time for Chapter 2.

Bullshit.

Go look at the elevators just after you leave the interrogation room. Get a picture of that guy close-up, and show me that *that* guy isn't Michael.

Yeah, I saw Micheal in the elevator.

Bullshit.

Yeah, I saw Micheal in the elevator.

Was he really alive? I'll boot up Underhell tomorrow and see if it is Micheal in the elevator.

And... I think you're right. I didn't notice the beard. But wasn't the other suited guy still out of the room at this time?

Was he really alive? I'll boot up Underhell tomorrow and see if it is Micheal in the elevator.

And... I think you're right. I didn't notice the beard. But wasn't the other suited guy still out of the room at this time?

There were two people in suits at the ending sequence: Michael and Beard-Man. Beard-Man complains that Michael is killing Jake, and Michael tells you to read the journal. Then the lights go out, Michael dissappears, and the cop shoots Beard-Man. Michael is seen escaping in the elevator a few seconds later.

There were two people in suits at the ending sequence: Michael and Beard-Man. Beard-Man complains that Michael is killing Jake, and Michael tells you to read the journal. Then the lights go out, Michael dissappears, and the cop shoots Beard-Man. Michael is seen escaping in the elevator a few seconds later.

I really didn't notice. I thought Beard-Man ran when he saw the airplane. Thanks for clarifying.

I recorded everything. This is what happens:

1st Wake-Up: This is after Michael wakes you up from the desert escape. Beard-Man does leave at this time but he went to get a cup of coffee, while Michael tells you what happened in the ARC. Bells start ringing, and the cop leaves to find out what is happening. Michael then does that "Listen to my voice" sequence.

2nd Wake-Up: This is after you read the journal for the first time. Beard-Man is back, and the cop is still outside. Michael calmly tells Jake to go back.

3rd Wake-Up: The Doctor says Jake is having trouble, Michael tells Jake to go back inside.

4th Wake-Up: Beard-Man says that Jake's nose is bleeding. The Doc says Michael is killing Jake. Jake tells Jake to go back.

5th Wake-Up:

Beard-Man: What the hell is going on out there?

Cop (who was obviously in a hurry to get back): It's a goddamn airplane!

Then Michael tells Jake to go back.

6th (and Final) Wake-Up:

Doc: That's it! He can't take anymore, his heart s gonna explode!

Beard-Man: What are you doing? You're killing him!

Michael: (stands up) Jake, read it!

(lightbulb explodes, Michael dissapears)

Cop: There's something in the room!

(Cop shoot Beard-man, then the Doc)

Cop: Aaaaah

(Unseen force throws the cop through the door)

(Jake gets up and leaves)

You can see Bryan being helped by Takeo in escaping to your right, and Michael adjusting his tie Gman style in the elevator to your left.

For everyone who thought, Michael is dead, thats crap, because he ran to the elevator after the shots were fired

Heres a screenshot of him in the elevator:

Point two: Brian made it, he is fleeing after you leave the Interrogation room, there is a door with Interview 2, when you come out he is running away with Takeo's help, I also post a screenshot with it.

Anyway I think the story is real until Jake got sniped, because while interrogating, one of them says that the nuke explosion, Jake is talking from, is bullshit. So I hope Terry made it too, he's just too awesome to die.

I think the theory with Frank as Matthew's mentor is true 'cause he really say's "hey, hooligan" or somewhat

So, the game starts with the prologue in the hostage situation, then Chapter 1 starts when he is being taken away, and Chapter 2 starts after the wake up sequences start. This is the order of events right?

So, the game starts with the prologue in the hostage situation, then Chapter 1 starts when he is being taken away, and Chapter 2 starts after the wake up sequences start. This is the order of events right?

What did you menna with wake up scenes?

anyway i wonder wether the whole chapter 1 was just a flashback or was it real. so they say in the police station jake is sitting since 8o clock there and he never was in arizona. But if this is the case, why there is Brian in the room next to it And how should Raito should know about him if he only have this stuff in his mind? Its just everything confusing at the end... I hope Mxthe will solve that story stuff after the last episodes (maybe in 8 years)i would really appreciate that

anyway i wonder wether the whole chapter 1 was just a flashback or was it real.

Finish Chapter One's House and you'll propably get the answer

anyway i wonder wether the whole chapter 1 was just a flashback or was it real. so they say in the police station jake is sitting since 8o clock there and he never was in arizona. But if this is the case, why there is Brian in the room next to it And how should Raito should know about him if he only have this stuff in his mind? Its just everything confusing at the end... I hope Mxthe will solve that story stuff after the last episodes (maybe in 8 years)i would really appreciate that

I have a very good theory about this.

Jake really was taken to the ARC facility, but it wasn't in Arizona. It was underneath the city. That's why they could get him to and from the ARC very fast; it was probably just an elevator away. However, according to what the interrogation people say, there may be a few additional events that may have been falsified by Jake that we don't know.

6th (and Final) Wake-Up:

You can see Bryan being helped by Takeo in escaping to your right, and Michael adjusting his tie Gman style in the elevator to your left.

Thanks for finally clearing up this subject.

But this "force", it's safe to assume it's Takeo/Raito, right? It would make sense he is trying to kill Michael, as Michael has Ito working for him.

6th (and Final) Wake-Up:

Thanks for finally clearing up this subject.

But this "force", it's safe to assume it's Takeo/Raito, right? It would make sense he is trying to kill Michael, as Michael has Ito working for him.

Another theory suggests that Jake himself did it. That effect of getting gassed in the prologue could have made him lash out with psychic power occasionally.

Just before the cop gets pushed, the glass behind Michael cracks. Takeo might have entered that way.

Alright, I got an answer at the last door in Jakes dreams: "But why did you use the A.R.C to project his memories from the U.D.R.C?"

"What do you mean dou didn't? Then how does he know about the A.R.C?

But i still did not understand it, was he really there or not? They say ARC was used to reproduce his memories but in the other hand he says that he didnt. So how does he know about it? I think we will find out in Chapter 2...

Alright, I got an answer at the last door in Jakes dreams: "But why did you use the A.R.C to project his memories from the U.D.R.C?"

"What do you mean dou didn't? Then how does he know about the A.R.C?

But i still did not understand it, was he really there or not? They say ARC was used to reproduce his memories but in the other hand he says that he didnt. So how does he know about it? I think we will find out in Chapter 2...

Underhell Chapter 1 takes place in the A.R.C. (That facility in the city). But when put under by Michael, Jake projected the events he was re-living onto the U.D.R.C. (The facility in Arizona). If you notice, the only time you see outside the facility is the intro to chapter 1 (which is separated from the actual chapter by a return to the house), and during the fake stress-relief sequence.

My theory is Jake knows about the U.D.R.C. because he was born there. What did Michael call it when Jake found Tom's journal? A separation, a break? That would be when Jake's mind created the journal, something that wasn't really there. I think it's because in that room, along with Mia, there's a glass tube in the center, and in it is something human-looking. I think this is where Jake was born.