Tabe

!Spoilers! My thoughts after Underhell Chapter 1

124 posts in this topic

anyway i wonder wether the whole chapter 1 was just a flashback or was it real.

Finish Chapter One's House and you'll propably get the answer

Alright, I got an answer at the last door in Jakes dreams: "But why did you use the A.R.C to project his memories from the U.D.R.C?"

"What do you mean dou didn't? Then how does he know about the A.R.C?

But i still did not understand it, was he really there or not? They say ARC was used to reproduce his memories but in the other hand he says that he didnt. So how does he know about it? I think we will find out in Chapter 2...

Underhell Chapter 1 takes place in the A.R.C. (That facility in the city). But when put under by Michael, Jake projected the events he was re-living onto the U.D.R.C. (The facility in Arizona). If you notice, the only time you see outside the facility is the intro to chapter 1 (which is separated from the actual chapter by a return to the house), and during the fake stress-relief sequence.

My theory is Jake knows about the U.D.R.C. because he was born there. What did Michael call it when Jake found Tom's journal? A separation, a break? That would be when Jake's mind created the journal, something that wasn't really there. I think it's because in that room, along with Mia, there's a glass tube in the center, and in it is something human-looking. I think this is where Jake was born.

ARC is in Arizona and UDRC under the city, and yeah i got it now ;)

Thats a good theory that he was born in this glass tube...

But why there is Bryan at the police station, if Jake never never was there?

anyway i wonder wether the whole chapter 1 was just a flashback or was it real.

Finish Chapter One's House and you'll propably get the answer

Alright, I got an answer at the last door in Jakes dreams: "But why did you use the A.R.C to project his memories from the U.D.R.C?"

"What do you mean dou didn't? Then how does he know about the A.R.C?

But i still did not understand it, was he really there or not? They say ARC was used to reproduce his memories but in the other hand he says that he didnt. So how does he know about it? I think we will find out in Chapter 2...

Underhell Chapter 1 takes place in the A.R.C. (That facility in the city). But when put under by Michael, Jake projected the events he was re-living onto the U.D.R.C. (The facility in Arizona). If you notice, the only time you see outside the facility is the intro to chapter 1 (which is separated from the actual chapter by a return to the house), and during the fake stress-relief sequence.

My theory is Jake knows about the U.D.R.C. because he was born there. What did Michael call it when Jake found Tom's journal? A separation, a break? That would be when Jake's mind created the journal, something that wasn't really there. I think it's because in that room, along with Mia, there's a glass tube in the center, and in it is something human-looking. I think this is where Jake was born.

ARC is in Arizona and UDRC under the city, and yeah i got it now ;)

Thats a good theory that he was born in this glass tube...

But why there is Bryan at the police station, if Jake never never was there?

Every event in Chapter 1 happened, every person was there. Bryan is an employee at the facility under the city, and him and the rest of the guard did do exactly as Jake remembers, just in a different place than he remembers.

Every event in Chapter 1 happened, every person was there. Bryan is an employee at the facility under the city, and him and the rest of the guard did do exactly as Jake remembers, just in a different place than he remembers.

It's like  that flash-forward into the future in Alpha Protocol. What you played in Chapter 1 is more like a tape recorder. The events happened, but you're playing through a retelling of the events.

Can it be that Jake is the eastern Janus? In the gas chamber his father says (or the journal) he is the opposite of "him", this might be Jake. 

I dont know if this is total crap or not, just an interesting theory...isn't it?

Can it be that Jake is the eastern Janus? 

No, it can't. Have you paying attention?

Terry mentioned one scientist from the 70s, when Chernobyl reactor was built.

"The Eastern Janus was just a young genius back then. The youngest to actually work in the field."

"The Eastern Janus was just a young genius back then. The youngest to actually work in the field."

Aha, i think i overheard that

they forced him to describe events that happened in the U.D.R.C. (the mall), but he knew about the A.R.C. and projected his memories on that place instead. Personally, I believe that his memories of being gassed in the A.R.C. are actually his memories of being gassed in the U.D.R.C; notice how it all starts when Jake goes after Mia

Hmm... I don't think so :/ During Chapter One Danko is already dead (Terry mentions that), because he's been killed by Jake in the Prologue. Also during the second exposure, Ito says "The last time you were exposed1" and "After your exposure and your fascinating reaction2, I was ordered to capture you3 and to keep you alive".

1 - Jake being exposed in the Prologue

- Jake murdering people after the first exposure

3 - putting Jake in the prison to keep him alive due to his "fascinating reaction". Ito's superior probably wanted to experiment on Jake. Fortunately for us, everything's been disrupted by the outbreak :P

So in my humble opinion, there's a lot of features which suggest that Chapter One happens some time after the Prologue. Moreover, Jake's episode in U.D.R.C. in Prologue was just too short and simple to evolve (inside Jake's mind) into some ultra-long story involving many characters.

But you're ignoring the, (I want to say fact, but mostly a pretty solid theory), that Jake is a clone. Tom (Jake's dad) would have been young at the time of the Chernobyl disaster. And being the "father", Jake is a clone of him.

But you're ignoring the, (I want to say fact, but mostly a pretty solid theory), that Jake is a clone.

I don't think so. Would you give some random clone of your son to the care of someone trusted (in order to give your son the best chance in life), instead of your own, original son? There's no doubt Jake was cloned, but (for now) I'm sure that we're playing as the original one.

Tom (Jake's dad) would have been young at the time of the Chernobyl disaster. And being the "father", Jake is a clone of him.

Wh... what? So you think that Jake is his father's clone and this is "a pretty solid theory"? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to debase your thoughts but seriously... what makes you think this way?

But you're ignoring the, (I want to say fact, but mostly a pretty solid theory), that Jake is a clone. Tom (Jake's dad) would have been young at the time of the Chernobyl disaster. And being the "father", Jake is a clone of him.

Seriously?! Dude, EJ is russian (if not ukrainian). I don't think that americans were at USSR, during construction of the Chernobyl's Nuclear Power Plant.

Seriously?! Dude, EJ is russian (if not ukrainian). I don't think that americans were at USSR, during construction of the Chernobyl's Nuclear Power Plant.

Exactly. And Tom is WESTERN Janus, not Eastern.

Anyway, I wonder who Eastern Janus is. Maybe he had something to do with "Her" suicide? :D Yeah, I know this theory is just too crazy :P

But you're ignoring the, (I want to say fact, but mostly a pretty solid theory), that Jake is a clone.

I don't think so. Would you give some random clone of your son to the care of someone trusted (in order to give your son the best chance in life), instead of your own, original son? There's no doubt Jake was cloned, but (for now) I'm sure that we're playing as the original one.

Tom (Jake's dad) would have been young at the time of the Chernobyl disaster. And being the "father", Jake is a clone of him.

Wh... what? So you think that Jake is his father's clone and this is "a pretty solid theory"? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to debase your thoughts but seriously... what makes you think this way?

Well if he's not the basis of the clone who is? I would think the dad would be a pretty good guess.

If you're saying it's Jake, i'm pretty sure we never play as a completely original Jake (if one exists). In The House, you receive a letter in the mail talking about how Jake took a blood test, but the results came back unreadable.

Well if he's not the basis of the clone who is? I would think the dad would be a pretty good guess.

Why do you think that the original Jake (which I believe we're playing as) must be someone's clone? What if he is a completely normal, natural-born human being, hmm?

i'm pretty sure we never play as a completely original Jake (if one exists)

Well, in my opinion - if one exists - we play as a completely original Jake. Here's my question again: would you take better care of some clone of your son, instead of your original, natural-born and most beloved child?

Of course in Jake's case, taking better care of him meant putting him under Frank's care, to avoid exposing him to more dangerous incidents, like the one Tom's talking about with Frank right before abandoning his son (There was an accident and Jake barely made it out there alive or something like that).

In The House, you receive a letter in the mail talking about how Jake took a blood test, but the results came back unreadable.

And you think that this letter supports "Jake is Tom's clone" theory? Why?

If he would really be Tom's clone, he'd have exactly the same blood and RH typing as his father.

In reality however, Jake's blood data was "unknown", which is rather one of the results of the incident (yes, yes. The one Tom's talking about), than an outcome of being a clone.

In reality however, Jake's blood data was "unknown", which is rather one of the results of the incident (yes, yes. The one Tom's talking about), than an outcome of being a clone.

Complete speculation, of course, but since a clone's blood is synthesized, it could be impossible to type. I think the "accident" is the same thing that happened to Jake at the end of the prologue. Jake did that and accidentally killed many members of Tom's science team. Would make sense, since that ability certainly wasn't gained by the infection strain gas, and Jake would have had to have been given it by his father.

I think the "accident" is the same thing that happened to Jake at the end of the prologue. Jake did that and accidentally killed many members of Tom's science team.

Now my brain hurts really bad.

Jake met Frank for the first time BEFORE joining SWAT and AFTER the incident. I don't know how such details could escape your attention. Giving Jake to Frank was the main outcome of the incident after all, which was clearly stated by Tom in The Dreams.

So according to your theory, the plot goes as follows:

1. Jake is given to Frank without a reason.
  2. Jake joins SWAT.
  3. Jake meets "Her" for the first time.
  4. "She" dies.
  5. Jake picks up Frank's call and the Prologue begins.
  6. Jake murders a lot of people after being exposed to the virus, because he's a clone of his father (!!!).
  7. Tom takes Jake with him... and puts his son AGAIN under Frank's care.
  8. My mind just hurts too badly to think of anything more.

Man. I'm still really confused. It's like the game is "trying" to make it look like you play as the same Jake. Because after the incident in the Prologue, you hear something about people saying they'll take Jake, and then it shows you being taken to the facility. I don't know how he got to the police station after getting shot in the head, but I think the police found him or something. It seems so much like it's just one Jake! This is soooo confusing!

I don't know how he got to the police station after getting shot in the head, but I think the police found him or something.

And you're completely right. It was even directly said by the policeman: we already know what happened from the moment he was shot in the head and we took him in.

It's like the game is "trying" to make it look like you play as the same Jake.

Correct. Moreover, if we don't play as one and the same person, everything would lose its sense, including:

• events involving Jake in the Prologue, Chapter One and Chapter Two intro,
  • most of Ito's speeches towards Jake,
  • Danko's state.

To Sam_Ja:

It's possible that I misunderstood your statement about the accident. If that's the case, then read on.

So you meant that the accident was just the same type of event like the massacre at the end of the Prologue, right? Sadly, I can't agree with that too.

When you're murdering everyone in sight, it's rather hard to say that you "barely made it out there alive", right?

Also, if the first exposure was the second and the second was the third, then something's not right. If Jake was exposed before the Prologue, then his exposure in the Prologue should give the same effect as the one in Chapter One. Namely: no effect.

Here's what I think of it:

1. Some time ago (maybe nine years) Jake was involved in an accident, which gave him immunity to the virus. Tom, afraid of losing his only son (not counting the clones, on whose Tom was experimenting after all), put Jake under care of his best and most trusted friend - Frank Greene.
  2. Years passed.
  3. The Prologue began.
  4. Jake was exposed to the virus for the first time. Though he was immune already, the first contact had its consequences anyway: Jake entered some rage-state and murdered everyone in sight, then passed out.
  5. Some events from Chapter One took place.
  6. Jake was exposed to the virus for the second time. He was still immune and Ito expected Jake to enter another rage-state, but nothing happened, because the reaction from the Prologue was just one-time shock response.

To Sam_Ja:

It's possible that I misunderstood your statement about the accident. If that's the case, then read on.

So you meant that the accident was just the same type of event like the massacre at the end of the Prologue, right? Sadly, I can't agree with that too.

When you're murdering everyone in sight, it's rather hard to say that you "barely made it out there alive", right?

Also, if the first exposure was the second and the second was the third, then something's not right. If Jake was exposed before the Prologue, then his exposure in the Prologue should give the same effect as the one in Chapter One. Namely: no effect.

Here's what I think of it:

1. Some time ago (maybe nine years) Jake was involved in an accident, which gave him immunity to the virus. Tom, afraid of losing his only son (not counting the clones, on whose Tom was experimenting after all), put Jake under care of his best and most trusted friend - Frank Greene.
  2. Years passed.
  3. The Prologue began.
  4. Jake was exposed to the virus for the first time. Though he was immune already, the first contact had its consequences anyway: Jake entered some rage-state and murdered everyone in sight, then passed out.
  5. Some events from Chapter One took place.
  6. Jake was exposed to the virus for the second time. He was still immune and Ito expected Jake to enter another rage-state, but nothing happened, because the reaction from the Prologue was just one-time shock response.

Ya, you misunderstood me, I meant the "accident" was the same type of thing as the end of the prologue. We don't know the nature of it, it could have almost killed a younger Jake.

What I think, I have no way to prove this though, is the gas being an infection strain has nothing to do with what Jake did at the end of the prologue. That's why Ito doing it in chapter 1 didn't cause the same reaction. Tom's notebook mentions something about if one Janus attempts to die, they all freak out, which coincides with my theory that Jake is a Janus. But the Januses having some kind of bond, and Chapter 1 Jake not having the same powers as Jake at the end of the prologue, coincides with my theory that there are multiple Jakes that you switch to between chapters.

Wait... so you think that Raito's father unified Tom... and his clone? What the hell??? No, no, no, no. It doesn't make sense. I'm trying so hard to understand your theory. I really do... but I can't O_O

Tom's notebook mentions something about if one Janus attempts to die, they all freak out

What? Can you quote this certain fragment from his diary? I'm sure you just misunderstood something o_O Oh, and by the way: there are ONLY two Janus: Western Janus and Eastern Janus. We already know that Western Janus' real name is "Tom Hawkfield". We don't know who is Eastern Janus yet.

Wait... so you think that Raito's father unified Tom... and his clone? What the hell??? No, no, no, no. It doesn't make sense. I'm trying so hard to understand your theory. I really do... but I can't O_O

Tom's notebook mentions something about if one Janus attempts to die, they all freak out

What? Can you quote this certain fragment from his diary? I'm sure you just misunderstood something o_O Oh, and by the way: there are ONLY two Janus: Western Janus and Eastern Janus. We already know that Western Janus' real name is "Tom Hawkfield". We don't know who is Eastern Janus.

I agree with you Mati, there's no way that there are more than 2 Jake's, and the entire idea is silly. First of all, when did they all have time to sync up their memories as such, and secondly, like you said, why would you protect and treat a lab experiment clone of your son, as if he is your son? You wouldn't, so I give you Kudos for being sensible ideas wise!

there's no way that there are more than 2 Jake's

Well, I appreciate your overall support, but actually: there IS a "way that there are more than 2 Jake's".

Tom wrote in his diary:

They look so much like him. It's killing me to do this to them

which rather hints towards conclusion, that Jake was cloned not just only one time and Tom was experimenting on those clones. But of course, I'm still supporting my theory. If Tom was worried that his son was dying (I am the father of a dying child.), then it means that he loved him (and I hope that he still does) and rather couldn't exchange him for merely one of many clones.

And yes, I'm still sure that we're playing as one and the same Jake, who is original (natural-born) son of Thomas Hawkfield.

What? Can you quote this certain fragment from his diary? I'm sure you just misunderstood something o_O Oh, and by the way: there are ONLY two Janus: Western Janus and Eastern Janus. We already know that Western Janus' real name is "Tom Hawkfield". We don't know who is Eastern Janus.

I agree with you Mati, there's no way that there are more than 2 Jake's, and the entire idea is silly. First of all, when did they all have time to sync up their memories as such, and secondly, like you said, why would you protect and treat a lab experiment clone of your son, as if he is your son? You wouldn't, so I give you Kudos for being sensible ideas wise!

There is, at minimum, twp, and there could be the minimum. I for one think we play as two Jakes. He would treat the clones like his sons because 1: They're still human beings and 2: They're of his DNA and thus his product.

If Tom has the powers of The Eastern Janus and makes clones of himself, does that give the clones the powers too? 

He would treat the clones like his sons because 1: They're still human beings and 2: They're of his DNA and thus his product.

But for God's sake, Tom is certainly talking about ONE "dying child", not some big-ass number of Jake's clones.

If Tom has the powers of The Eastern Janus and makes clones of himself, does that give the clones the powers too? 

So now Eastern Janus has some powers, huh? Just a reminder: as for the moment, we know NOTHING about Eastern Janus, except the facts that he was a young scientist in the times when the Chernobyl reactor was built and that he was unified with Thomas "Western Janus" Hawkfield by Raito's father and those two were working together.

Well, I think I'm gonna quit this discussion. I'm just getting tired already. I've already wrote what I had to say and I have nothing more to add.

So yes, I'm out.

What? Can you quote this certain fragment from his diary? I'm sure you just misunderstood something o_O Oh, and by the way: there are ONLY two Janus: Western Janus and Eastern Janus. We already know that Western Janus' real name is "Tom Hawkfield". We don't know who is Eastern Janus yet.

"Like brothers they go in pairs as if they were attracted to each other by a bond of friendship. They just seem to understand one another without having to speak. This bond can be very dangerous if one were to perish, as we had the misfortune to witness."

While it is not explained who exactly Tom is talking about, it could be clones of Jake. The "dangerous" part could a be a crazy murder rampage, the same when Jake went on while undergoing a slow, painful death.

So now Eastern Janus has some powers, huh? 

While what the Januses have is unknown, Jake does have powers. I do not believe Jake's powers are unrelated to the Januses.