Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TacoDeBoss

(Spoilers) Is Angelo Real?

13 posts in this topic

We can see him every time, not randomly, he doesn't disappear suddenly like Yūrei (She).

I think, inside well, tapes are real, campfires are real, dead bodies (with missing parts) are real too. Probably he is real.

Does anyone know if that thing that chases you around in the forest at night (not the well) is Angelo? I didn't get a good look at it.

I suspect that Angelo is real. If the thing in the forest isn't him, then whatever it is is probably preventing people from staying dead. (Angelo is a zombie, Jake's wife is a ghost stuck in the living world, and Jake himself wakes up a few hours later after he is killed.

Also, does anyone know what happens to Jake (other than being lunch) if he gets caught by Angelo? I avoided him too well and I don't know what happens; did he wake up in the House?

I don't really think he's a zombie. He said he was rotting on the tapes when his finger fell off. Which reminds me of the effects of the (virus/gas) that caused the incident in the A.R.C and the city. Something tells me that it's that building next to the house that holds the answers.

I didn't caught by him but the screen gets blurry if he gets too close which happened when I first ran into him which naturally scared the shit out of me.

I don't really think he's a zombie. He said he was rotting on the tapes when his finger fell off. Which reminds me of the effects of the (virus/gas) that caused the incident in the A.R.C and the city. Something tells me that it's that building next to the house that holds the answers.

I didn't caught by him but the screen gets blurry if he gets too close which happened when I first ran into him which naturally scared the shit out of me.

Interesting theory. Perhaps that virus that infected the A.R.C. is a prototype for whatever infected Angelo? The zombies in Chapter 1 are animalistic, but Angelo seems exactly like them except he retained his sentience, for some reason.

The butchers seemed to be semi-sentient. They couldn't even speak after their infection, but they still know how hunting works and how to use weapons. Perhaps they are the middle stage between the zombies and Angelo.

I'm not too sure that the nearby building holds the answers. Look slightly above that building in the far distance. There are massive towers out there, and I don't remember those things in the city during the Prologue and Chapter 2. What are they doing there?

Also, there's the big, big question: The team has said that at least some of Underhell's main plot is real, but does that mean the House reality itself is real? There is no way Jake could stop at his house in between chapters. Thus, if the House is proven to not be real, Angelo wouldn't be real.

If you get caught by him, what happens is that you basically get a very intimate close up of him yelling "I'm sawwrry" (as he usually does), and then you wake up again. Fun fact: if he catches up to you while you're holding a flare, it will set him on fire during the close up. Kind of disturbing.

Personally, I don't believe the house is real. I mean, of course it exists, but Jake isn't really there, it's all in his head.

Angelo would have to be real. Evidence would suggest Jake's wife is fake (Jake wakes up if he's attacked by her), but Jake could not imagine a person and audio tapes for him it is just too complicated.

However, after the well, Jake will go back to see who closed it, finding no one. Go back to the house, and you will find bloody footsteps leading to Jake's room, and find Angelo in front of the bathroom. When Angelo opens the door he gets sucked in. This makes me wonder if Jake's wife is all that fake, as it looks like she killed Angelo, since she didn't forgive him for getting her killed.

If you get caught by him, what happens is that you basically get a very intimate close up of him yelling "I'm sawwrry" (as he usually does), and then you wake up again. Fun fact: if he catches up to you while you're holding a flare, it will set him on fire during the close up. Kind of disturbing.

Personally, I don't believe the house is real. I mean, of course it exists, but Jake isn't really there, it's all in his head.

Since the House isn't real, Angelo can't be real either, can he?

Or maybe the House is real, and Underhell's plot is actually an alternate timeline acting like reality, and Jake is just dreaming it up. Also, maybe when Jake is killed by Angelo, he really is killed, but he comes back to life in his bed a few hours later because the House reality is a broken world with various concepts assumed to be true are not.

Jake could not imagine a person and audio tapes for him it is just too complicated.

On the contrary, it would be easier for him to create an imaginary monster who's responsible for his wife's death, and then have him wander in some sort of personal purgatory as punishment, stuck in a perpetual state of un-death, rather than face the fact that he does not understand why his wife comitted suicide.

For the record, I'm not saying that's what happened, but don't discard the possibility of Angelo being a demon made up by Jake's mind.

I assume its that building because the last point of Ch 1's house is the fence which leads us to a tunnel that leads towards that building.

As for the house not being real? That doesn't make much sense.

I assume its that building because the last point of Ch 1's house is the fence which leads us to a tunnel that leads towards that building.

Yeah, but there is still two more chapters and an epilogue to go.

I'm thinking its those buildings in the background. Not that one behind the fence; that's likely an accessway to the background buildings, at most with maybe a new monster.

Also, if the House is real, then how do you justify how both Underhell's plot and the House can coexist?

Also, if the House is real, then how do you justify how both Underhell's plot and the House can coexist?

You can do the entire house before even touching the prologue. And the beginning of the game starting in the house is actually related to the prologue/main story, since it's where Jake lives when he gets the call. The House may be unexplored or explored, but it is done in a time period that doesn't exist.

No, you can only do the prologue section of the House before playing prologue proper. A guy mentioned somewhere that after completing Chapter 1, Jake gets a scar on his head from the gunshot, but there is no way he could have returned to his house between Chapter 1 and 2. Maybe Jake dreamed it up, but as you said, there are things too consistent in both for that to be possible.