Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sam_Ja

[Spoilers] Who killed the well trio?

17 posts in this topic

Angelo, Jenkins, and Thompson, the three guys in the well (two dead), what I was thinking of was, who could have killed them? Angelo mentions a fourth guy who betrayed him, but not specifically killed him, but he also mentions they were there spying on Jake, and Jake had a dark side.

So the three were shot, in Jake's back yard, bodies were burned, in Jake's back yards (presumably on that pile of wood next to the well), they were disposed, in Jake's own well. Why not someplace they'd actually be hidden? And then the well was buried, and Jake seemed none the wiser. Even if the killing happened under Jake's nose, he knew he had a well, and he'd know if a pile of dirt somehow replaced it. But for some reason he forgets it exists until you find the back yard map. 

What i think is Jake killed those three. He found out what they were doing, went berserk, murdered them, then dumped the bodies, then had amnesia and forgot (much like the end of the prologue, much like how he can't remember his own father).

The common theory on this is that Frank killed them. There's a picture in the main menu with Frank holding a gun near the well. Presumably, Frank shot all three, dumped them in a well, and left them for dead. Angelo was the only survivor because of his "condition." Angelo does mention getting shot in his first tape. No clues on why Frank did this, though.

Frank killed them to protect Jake.

EXCEPT Angelo said he was betrayed by a guy told to do so by his boss, but the guy may have not actually known his boss. I drew parallels between this and Matthew, as it sounds like the defector worked for the same intelligence agency, as Angelo seemed to be talking about a Superior. Frank working for the intelligence agency would make sense, government being fake and Frank being a high ranking officer in SWAT.

But that would mean Frank killed them on orders from his superior, not for Jake's well being, or he went against orders and killed the men for Jake.

Frank killed them to protect Jake.

EXCEPT Angelo said he was betrayed by a guy told to do so by his boss, but the guy may have not actually known his boss. I drew parallels between this and Matthew, as it sounds like the defector worked for the same intelligence agency, as Angelo seemed to be talking about a Superior. Frank working for the intelligence agency would make sense, government being fake and Frank being a high ranking officer in SWAT.

But that would mean Frank killed them on orders from his superior, not for Jake's well being, or he went against orders and killed the men for Jake.

I wouldn't put it above Frank personally.

Frank shot the trio with a silenced gun (it looks silenced), burned the bodies next to the well as shown on the main menu, and dumped the bodies in the well.

I think Angelo might of killed Jakes wife, and is still alive because She wanted to prolong his suffering for killing her. Or it really is just his condition.

No way Angelo killed Jake's Wife. Jake would have known.

He at least got her killed, that's what he was sorry about. I suppose it could have been Frank, but that would be pretty fricken weird.

She seemed awfully pissed at Angelo. She kills him after all. How else would she now he's to blame if he wasn't there/the one who did it?

No, Angelo was rambling "I'm sorry" because he feels bad that he intends to eat Jake. I'm quite sure that Jake's Wife killed herself.

Yes, the wife was angry, but that may have been that she wants to be the only one to scare Jake, and the thought of being replaced by some shumbling corpse was repulsive to her. The last we see of Angelo was that he was pulled into a bathroom; that doesn't mean he's dead.

No, Angelo was rambling "I'm sorry" because he feels bad that he intends to eat Jake. I'm quite sure that Jake's Wife killed herself.

Yes, the wife was angry, but that may have been that she wants to be the only one to scare Jake, and the thought of being replaced by some shumbling corpse was repulsive to her. The last we see of Angelo was that he was pulled into a bathroom; that doesn't mean he's dead.

No, in the last audio tape his last words are something along the lines of "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just hope he forgives me. I hope she forgives me."

It's pretty clear who he's talking about, and pretty clear she didn't forgive him. And being visited by strange men right before her mysterious death, and those strange man staking out in her backyard, comes pretty damn close to ruling out suicide.

Angelo actually killing her would still be very hard. She was in the bathroom, and there are no windows inside so he cannot shoot her from outside the House. He would need to actually enter the House, but Jake would have noticed if there was an armed intruder. Also, considering Jake is a SWAT, he would have known if his wife was murdered instead of suicide. Since his friends know she's dead, the body would have been investigated, and an autopsy would have proven that it was murder if it was. No such claim of murder has been made in any of the calls back to Jake.

Also, there's no way to know if Angelo was addressing Jake. He said that he could only smell, and there's no way Angelo would know Jake's specific scent beforehand.

No, in the last audio tape his last words are something along the lines of "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I just hope he forgives me. I hope she forgives me."

It's pretty clear who he's talking about, and pretty clear she didn't forgive him. And being visited by strange men right before her mysterious death, and those strange man staking out in her backyard, comes pretty damn close to ruling out suicide.

Maybe Angelo has his own family, "he" - his son, "she" - his wife. Maybe he was sorry about taking that "simple job".

Or "he" - Jake, "she" - Jake's wife, as you said.

:huh:

Angelo actually killing her would still be very hard. She was in the bathroom, and there are no windows inside so he cannot shoot her from outside the House. He would need to actually enter the House, but Jake would have noticed if there was an armed intruder. Also, considering Jake is a SWAT, he would have known if his wife was murdered instead of suicide. Since his friends know she's dead, the body would have been investigated, and an autopsy would have proven that it was murder if it was. No such claim of murder has been made in any of the calls back to Jake.

Also, there's no way to know if Angelo was addressing Jake. He said that he could only smell, and there's no way Angelo would know Jake's specific scent beforehand.

Angelo seemed to work for an organization bigger than SWAT, not to mention Frank was probably with them, before killing them all. It seems very likely they were the type of people who could fake a suicide. And Angelo A: Could have known how Jake smells from spending so long staking out at his house and B: Thought no one else would end up coming down the well.

And Angelo made a b-line straight for the bathroom once he was able to get out. Guilt would be the thing to drive him to do that. (He also knew where she died, meaning he had to have been involved)

What i'm thinking, through the house there are hints that after his wife was found dead there was a police investigation (the wine bottle in the cabinet hints at the police leaving it there), I think after jake's wife died, frank for one reason or another turned on his co-workers and killed them, burned their bodies, then threw them in the well, I don't think this happened before she died, it had to have been after, and Angelo is dead, he was constantly saying 'i'm sorry.' before he was pulled into the bathroom, did you ever hear a faint 'i'm sorry' after he was pulled into the bathroom?