jacobo the hobo

possible updates and fixes

7 posts in this topic

I am creating this topic for people to suggest additions and or bug fixes for upcoming  updates.

remember to segregate bugs from add-ons as to not confuse anyone.

also the more people post the more the developers see.  

example:

add-on suggestion : developers can you please increase the polygonal detail on the weapon sights so they are circles and not hexagons.  

Happy trails.   :huy:

It hasn't been announced officially but has been mentioned a lot:

For right now, the biggest question regarding Underhell update isn't about bugs and fixes. It's rather about Chapter 2 release date.

One thing I am sure about is that the team ISNT working on it right now. But even if they do, that's not what they really are concentrated on, as long as fixing some bugs when they have time.

It's free to say that the team is mostly working on the long promised Underhell Greenlight/Steam edition which includes making all the models, weapons, textures and etc from scratch so that they "can call them their own", making it a complete actual "standalone" title. Not a mod really. And according to recent Mxthe comments on Moddb, it's greenlight position is currently #8

The source of my words?

Mxthe himself has been saying that exact same thing by himself, numerous times.

What I'm trying to say, I like that you encourage people in sharing their suggestions and fixes, but the team won't be having a lot of time going throug it though.

Gotta admit though, it will be worth it!

Thanks for clearing that up donut but I am sure that they may end up finishing chapter 2 or more before underhell is green lit . Plus I also heard somewhere that they are currently working on porting underhell to source base 2013.  

my main goal of this post is to rally people to speak up about what they want in upcoming versions of the mod. in example lets just say I want them to add a silencer to the glock, but this is not the main reason for the update just a suggestion to add it to the game like when chapter 2 comes out.

I am not expecting developers to make an update of all of the fixes and suggestions from this topic it just may be a place for them to get ideas from and hear what their fans are saying.

Also yes a standalone underhell will be more than worth it when It comes out. :proud:

still feel free to post suggestions and or bug fixes.   

Suggestion: Change the day night schedule in the house so days and nights are longer and make visible changes to the cycle so I can tell if it is morning, noon, or afternoon.  

I've seen Gmod day/night cycle scripts that are better than Underhell's. Underhell's get's the job done, but it could be a lot better.

Here is the Gmod thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO7rwkbFcgc

Suggestion: Change the day night schedule in the house so days and nights are longer and make visible changes to the cycle so I can tell if it is morning, noon, or afternoon.  

I've seen Gmod day/night cycle scripts that are better than Underhell's. Underhell's get's the job done, but it could be a lot better.

Here is the Gmod thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gO7rwkbFcgc

Well, I hope it will be implemented in Chapter Two (or at least Source SDK Base 2013 port)

Hmm... I'm not entirely sure if my idea is good to be posted in this topic, but I'll give it a try.

I think it would be good if the standalone Steam release would make us able to replay any chapter while being in The House (without deleting The House and The Dreams data, including achievements and diary pages), once it's been completed at least once. Just like with the tutorial. And by "chapters", I mean the Prologue and the Epilogue too. Technically, they're chapters too.

How do I see that? Imagine we're just starting our game. We're in The House, nothing completed yet and we're entering the garage. One of the walls would have six hangers attached to it, corresponding to the Prologue, four chapters and the Epilogue. All the hangers are empty for now, but after completing the Prologue - voilà! - some item (symbolising the Prologue) would appear on the first hanger. Pressing "use" on it would start the Prologue.

And so on with the chapters and Epilogue! :D

Of course "hangers and items" is just an example. This can be as well "frames and paintings", "glass-cases and items", etc.

If this would work out, the classic "chapter selection" screen could be entirely removed from the game, which would make it even more unique as a standalone title running on Source engine.