Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jacobo the hobo

Underhell on hard difficulty

16 posts in this topic

I have been wanting to replay through underhell so when I got around to it I said screw it and I loaded the game on hard difficulty...I was surprised how I did not die as much as I thought I would until I found my self in the shooting range safe room. 

I don't know what it is but exploring the game from then on was literally underhell. I was dying left and right I had very little time to explore I found nothing then I had to hide trough a horde. I had to start worrying about food and food myself extremely  immersed, and was scared the crap out of every time I heard the scream of a zombie. I found that the games cut scenes and long conversations with the hermit and friends offered safety until I had to go back outside...

lets just say the game feels much better and much more immersive at this pace as I never thought I would be so happy to find a bury burrito.

so I am creating this topic to urge players to play or replay underhell on it's hardest setting and share your hard mode stories here. :wink2:       

Dear Jake Hawkfeild

Waiting is hard.

sincerely Terry

I am all for a better, tougher fight, but doesn't anyone find it weird that in most games, the easier difficulties give u more weapon? I mean what is the point? You don't need em anyways, but when you do need them in tougher difficulties, you don't get any. Seem a bit counter intuitive to me.

I agree, my first playthrough has been on hard and it was easy as pie really.

My inventory has always been filled with medical items. Especially bandages.

Same I can say about ammo. It's away to easy to gain

I suggest hard difficulty either getting tweaked or extra difficulty to be added

I tired making my first playthrough on hard, but didn't until a ways into chapter 1, because setting it on "hard" in the options menu doesn't work until about the third time for some reason.

Though i was quite relieved when Jake dun goofed and dropped all his stuff down the sewer, giving me a fresh start for hard mode. Still ended up over encumbered with radios and food I didn't want to use, though.

After you recognize the horde cue, the game becomes a lot simpler. How about some unexpected hordes from time to time?

Want a challenge from hordes?

Download the very first version of Chapter 1

It's number of hordes are ridiculous

Tip for people getting destroyed by hordes: You need to be more careful and stealthy. Even hitting an object or shooting when nothing's around can cause a horde real easily. Your best bet is to always walk or crouch all the time.

Tip for people getting destroyed by hordes: You need to be more careful and stealthy. Even hitting an object or shooting when nothing's around can cause a horde real easily. Your best bet is to always walk or crouch all the time.

I'll save that tactic for DayZ. Otherwise I won't have my bullets to waste for anything in Underhell

I often found it a lot more fun to blast the hordes from vents then wait five minutes for them to leave me alone as I hide in a closet. I remember getting an entire horde to cram into an office in the housing complex, then threw a grenade in from the vent I was sitting in.

I found Underhell actually surprisingly easy, even on hard (which I did on my first playthrough of both the prologue way back when and of chapter 1).  I'd really like to see hard difficulty be even more of a challenge, maybe reducing the amount of inventory space or the number of weapons you can equip (I know that could be a bitch to program).  Hordes never really posed a threat to me because I always had waaaaay too much ammo and could use the SMG to spray at head level.

Just my two cents.

I found Underhell actually surprisingly easy, even on hard (which I did on my first playthrough of both the prologue way back when and of chapter 1).  I'd really like to see hard difficulty be even more of a challenge, maybe reducing the amount of inventory space or the number of weapons you can equip (I know that could be a bitch to program).  Hordes never really posed a threat to me because I always had waaaaay too much ammo and could use the SMG to spray at head level.

Just my two cents.

I think this is more a problem of people than the actual difficulty system itself.

We've all become such badasses we all know the tactics to just absolutely wipe Hordes. That's why Co-op would be so terrible. It'd be like having the Badass Squad x10 Overpowered.

I found Underhell actually surprisingly easy, even on hard (which I did on my first playthrough of both the prologue way back when and of chapter 1). I'd really like to see hard difficulty be even more of a challenge, maybe reducing the amount of inventory space or the number of weapons you can equip (I know that could be a bitch to program). Hordes never really posed a threat to me because I always had waaaaay too much ammo and could use the SMG to spray at head level.

Just my two cents.

I think this is more a problem of people than the actual difficulty system itself.

We've all become such badasses we all know the tactics to just absolutely wipe Hordes. That's why Co-op would be so terrible. It'd be like having the Badass Squad x10 Overpowered.

It's not about "being badass" or knowing tactics

Even I, on my first playthrough found it waaaay too easy on Hard difficulty