Hen7

Ideas needed

580 posts in this topic

FoXoF said:

SquigleyG said:

ShaolinDave said:

Maros said:

player comes across a door; door is shaking violently (large banging noises etc; maybe human, dog or some sort of creature) ... player opens door nothing is there.
or have someone crying for help instead of seeming hostile giving the player incentive to go and open the door.

i like it.

...or what if someone is crying for help, so the player walks towards the door, then the voilent banging starts when they're a couple feet away. only for a couple seconds, then silence.

I wouldn't open that door, then :P

Even better idea:

Use the door to steal focus. They creep past it keeping their eyes on it, and you drop a nice scary zombie behind them. And then when they kill that zombie maybe have the banging stop or something creepy like that.

Did anyone see the Doctor Who episode where they were in a small pod thing and there was banging on the outside, moving closer to the airlock.

building off of what you built off of what i built off...

player walks into a long narrow hallway. only two doors, the one you walk in and one at the far end, maybe 20-30 feet down. the hallways should be fairly well lit, with hard-wood floors. once you step in, both doors slams shut and you hear a click as they are manually locked.
after walking to the other side and trying to open the door, suddenly theres a repeditive pounding sound. starting at the far end of the hallway and moving towards you, one pound after another. floorboards bounce, hanging lights swing.
imagine either something is pounding on the floorboard from below, moving towards you, or a large invisible monster is stomping down the hallway.
once it reaches you, you are thrown through the locked door, which flies off it's hinges from the impact.

SquigleyG said:

Oh shi-! Someone's been watching Shyamalan movies. Twist ending: YOU'RE a zombie! :)
My first thought after reading that:

Oh, and another idea I just had - How about having corpses appear and disappear when you walk in and out of rooms, so if you went into a room there is a dead body in a corner, go out and come back a minute later, it's moved, gone, or another one has appeared. Something like that.

I think I got an Idea. You're walking down a hallway, It's seems to be never ending. And then you start seeing a lot of blood and corpses covering the floor and the walls. You see a body on the ground. Suddenly you hear behind you. ''Please get out''. You turn around and see a woman. In a blink of an eye she's gone and so is the blood and corpses.

What do you think? :3

(PS. I don't know if anyone's already posted an Idea like this before so sry if anyone out there think I copied from them lol...) :cheese:

Your in some kind of pool area,you hear your accational nightmare house noises and sounds, then a click. (Disable or slow player movement)

Water starts rising out of the bottom of the floor.

your under water for a couple of seconds. the girl appears under water in front of you, then.. she dissapears along with the water.. at the same time

I dont know if thats possible or not in a map (make the water dissapear in an instant) i dont know much about source sdk (for now):D .[/u]

Well heres one thing! ( unless some one has already said it... ) what has always made me crap my self is if im walking down a dark allyway or somthing what ever you want to walk down, and you hear like Breathing and it gets really loud, as if they are doing it right next to your ear and then it gose REALLY loud like " hhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! " and then it stops. yeah... my brother did it to me once I craped my self.

awww thanks, i do try my hardest to make people lol, Oh here is another thing, put like a clown going around on a bike in a room, but the door wont open and put a goat in the middle of the room, wouldnt that make u think " wtf? " and then make the clown go " sha la la la la laaaaa BOOO!"

It kind of just hit me that there's a possibility that you're in the asylum because the main character went crazy (or at least appeared crazy) after the crap he saw back in NH1. Since we don't know anything about the story, I'm just guessing here. But if that is the connection, it would be cool if at first he were just haunted by the memories of that girl and the zombies from the original game. Then they're back. I don't know. It's been a while since NH1, I don't remember much.

I know this is my first post, but yesterday I had a dream, and it was really scary. I remember bits and pieces of it, especially the scary bits. My dream was basically... I dunno. I can't describe it. It was like people just vanished and something happened to them which made me get scared.

Here are some of my ideas taken from this dream:

You are in a room with a frosted glass window on one side, revealing another room. The other room is very well illuminated, but anything beyond the window looks hazy. Your room, however, is very dark, and there is an emergency light on.

Suddenly, you see a man on the other side of the window. He says that he will turn on the lights for you, and goes towards a console. You see him typing on the console, but suddenly, you see a dark figure behind him, walking towards him, becoming clearer and clearer. Just as you are able to make out what it is, the lights go off in his room and you hear a scream.

Just so you get at what im going at:

dmp6pd.jpg

ipwh6q.jpg

Ill write more later, because I can't remember much about it at the moment.

Nice one, ZeBoXeS. I think it would be creepy if perhaps the lights were still on in the other room when it happens and they go off only after the dark figure notices you and approaches the window.

I also had a dream and i was falling and falling and falling and falling, i never hit the floor, and i could hear weird moaning sounds * not happy maoning sounds the bad ones u perverts* :cheese:

Yeah. It was pretty scary when that happened in my dream. ._.

I can't really recall any other scare than that one from my dream, but I do recall a very bloody door. I'm sure there will be many of those in the mod, so I shouldn't even post that.

I'll post if I come up with anythign else.

Nice one, ZeBoXeS.

Reminds me of a dream I had in which I was trapped in a small, dark room with nothing but a candle. I kept hearing voices behind me, but as soon as I turned around.. well, nobody was there.

Bah.

Eventually I started hearing a loud grinding sound, like a dentist's drill was being jammed into my head. I eventually woke up. *Shrug* Not sure how you would emulate any of that into gameplay, anyways...

something i thought up:

The final boss (if there is one) is a summoner who spawns unlimited zombies and you have to kill him. The problem is, you have no wepons! D: BUT, the serum you picked up and drank is taking effect and now, you have the power of Rocky Balboa! *cue music*

Then you fight your way thru hordes of zombie with only your fists while

or
plays, then you have to press a button, at the far end of the room and kill him!

That would mean NH2 will be out almost a year from now (slightly less than 11 months!) and be updated a day later!

Bobsack1 said:

I also had a dream and i was falling and falling and falling and falling, i never hit the floor, and i could hear weird moaning sounds * not happy maoning sounds the bad ones u perverts* :cheese:

i had a dream that my brother and i stole a car. afterwards i was going through the glove box, looking for other stuff (cash or whatever.)
i found a lot of personal information and discovered the car belonged to the owner of rockstar games.

ShaolinDave said:

Bobsack1 said:

i had a dream that my brother and i stole a car. afterwards i was going through the glove box, looking for other stuff (cash or whatever.)
i found a lot of personal information and discovered the car belonged to the owner of rockstar games.

That my friend is irony at it's fuckin' finest.

I thought that you could perhaps have a hallway, with a door in the roof. Then you can put a Trigger_Once so that when you walk through it, (onstarttouch) The door either breaks, or swings open and a Ragdoll (Charple, Corpse, Or a custom dead-person Model you will put in) Swings toward the player. The Player might be so scared they will use thier weapon (shotgun in picture) to try and kill the ragdoll. :bdance: PWNED :bdance: goto http://s662.photobuc...spicturenh2.jpg

Lame paint pic (I couldn't have done better, but still :P), cool idea sorta :P

It would need a lot of rethinking to make it not seem noobish, though.

Meh kind of rushed it. Really wanted to post my idea. I'm trying to make an example map. Oh and really excited about Nh2. Loved the first one, keep up the good work Hen! Oh and another idea, remember in the original nightmare house when the Fast Zombie broke through the furniture? Do the same thing, But make the fast zombie be on fire. Believe me, something on fire charging towards you is scary, and the best thing: THEY WON'T EXPECT IT TO BE ON FIRE! unless they read this post or think like me :proud::wink2: