Hen7

Ideas needed

580 posts in this topic

Here's another one:

You walk in a corridor, it ends with a wall, and on the wall there is a door to a room. you get into the room, and there are tv screens in there, showing cells of probably psychoes', they are empty (there is a bed in each), all the screens are above a desk, and infront the desk there is a chair, and a body with guard's clothes, the body's head is on the desk, and it has a hole in it, a large hole, there is another door in the room, you open the door and get into the room, the room is a small library, then you hear a small bang, you get back into the guard's room, and the body (still on the chair) is on the ground with the head up looking at the ceiling, the library door closes with a bang, and it's locked, and all of the cells you first saw on the screen that were empty, now have blood on the ground in a sign that says: "PRAY". You leave the room and the door closes, it's locked.

A quick thought:

As you go down a long hallway, the lights start going out quickly starting from the entrance of the hallway, as if you were kinda "racing the darkness", maybe with some moaning sound in the background. Maybe if you don't make it, you find yourself hurt slightly, in the room at the end of the hall, with some temporary blurry vision or something?

A quick thought:

As you go down a long hallway, the lights start going out quickly starting from the entrance of the hallway, as if you were kinda "racing the darkness", maybe with some moaning sound in the background. Maybe if you don't make it, you find yourself hurt slightly, in the room at the end of the hall, with some temporary blurry vision or something?

Like in Penumbra where you have to run away from the darkness or else some monster in the walls would get ya?

Isn't running from darkness a bit...well... cliche'd?

I think running from a shadow that you cant see the source of would be more scary.

Isn't running from darkness a bit...well... cliche'd?

I think running from a shadow that you cant see the source of would be more scary.

Or maybe a combination between the two, like there's a long shadow running after you, and the source of the shadow is nothing but dark frame full of the darkness..

don't know if this is cliché or whatever or already suggested.

simple room with a corpse lying in the corner, the corpse is like it is someone who just dropped dead for no reason.

When your near to the corpse room instantly goes dark.

after a few seconds of darkness the girl shows up really short, like a flash (maybe with some laugh) (still completely dark

right after that you'll hear a noise of a zombie/monster behind you

a soon as you turn around it will attack but will dissapear mid attack as if it where a illusion/ghost/whatever.

[repeat from multiple directions]

light goes back on, door opens

The zombie that attacks you but disappears is exactly like what was in the second Penumbra. Which was awesome. Scariest part of Penumbra: Black Plague is that you never know what's real and what's fake.

Except for that girl. It was obvious he did that.

It's a good idea.

And the 'he' isn't talking about the girl. Play Penumba: Black Plague, and then you'll understand.

I have no idea if you are still allowed to write here, or if someone has said this already (if so I'm really sorry).

My idea would be you enter a bathroom or something with a big mirror. The bathroom is looking normal, but when you look in the mirror it's full of dead bodies, or the girl staring at you in the back of the room. (If you have seen The Ring 2 you will know what I'm talking about, that part scared the shit out of me). And then maybe when you look at her the mirror smashes and when you look back the room is as it was when you looked into the mirror, full with blood and maybe a zombie says hello to you :)

To answer your questions, yes, you can still post your ideas here. Hell, even after NH2 is out people can still post their ideas here :P

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, cool idea, I think it's been mentioned once or twice but no need to apologise, or feel bad at all ;)

Hope you stick around :D

one thing that I think that nightmare house needs is a "boss battle", like the tanks from the l4d, or the antlion guard from hl2, a big moster with a lot of health and the attack do a lot of damage, that could appear in some moments, to make the mod harder and with more action, it would be fun! also, I think it could have huge boss battle like the garguanta from hl1, or those monsters in hl1 that idk the name, they are green and huge, and come out from a hole in the ground tongue.gif well, something like that, a huge monster that you will need to do something special to kill him, shooting at him won't work, this will make the mod more challenging and interesting to play biggrin.gif

ps.: sorry if my english is bad, I'm brazilian tongue.gif

just to let everyone know i made these a long long time ago so i don't know what has happened since then

something thrown at you, you have to try to dodge it, the item breaks a window which you have to jump out of, there is a huge drop but you landed outside, hurt on the ground, you wake up, your health increased a slight bit, strapped to a table with a crazy doctor saying "you took a big fall, you should rest for a bit, then we will start the operation." you have to escape the room before he can try.

someone with a flashlight, the light on the wall is all you see, shouts "is anyone here?" you hear a scream and when you turn around the corner where the voice was coming from, there is a big hole.

don't judge me

I just had an idea.. Have the player in a hallway. The player is shooting at a zombie. Have the zombies output value set to make a prop behind the player break/fall over OnDeath. naturally the player turns to look. When nothing is there, they turn around again and one of four things happens:

A. the zombies body is gone and a trail of blood leads to a vent.

B. the girl is hiding in the shadows and when the player focuses on her she blurs out into the shadows.

C. the hallway has changed in some way that a casual observer wouldn't notice(E.G,changed wall color, missing prop, ect.)

D. one of the lights broke, hiding a zombie in their shadows.

The idea is to mess with the players physcology, make them doubt themselves. After all, its really what you DON'T see in a haunted building that scares you.

Ideas for this:

1. have a secret room that the player can find, where there is a body. Make a prop behind the player fall over, and when the player looks, back from it, the zombies body is missing and replaced by a citizens body.

more on this later.

I just had an idea.. Have the player in a hallway. The player is shooting at a zombie. Have the zombies output value set to make a prop behind the player break/fall over OnDeath. naturally the player turns to look. When nothing is there, they turn around again and one of four things happens:

B. the girl is hiding in the shadows and when the player focuses on her she blurs out into the shadows.

C. the hallway has changed in some way that a casual observer wouldn't notice(E.G,changed wall color, missing prop, ect.)

The idea is to mess with the players physcology, make them doubt themselves. After all, its really what you DON'T see in a haunted building that scares you.

Ideas for this:

1. have a secret room that the player can find, where there is a body. Make a prop behind the player fall over, and when the player looks, back from it, the zombies body is missing and replaced by a citizens body.

more on this later.

And if the player doesn't turn?

Ideas for this:

more on this later.

And if the player doesn't turn?

Think about it. You are in a dark scary house. There are monsters in the house. There is a noise behind you. Would you not turn and look? If they didn't turn for whatever reason and they keep going, then they don't see the scares. (refer to above post, "Its really what you DON'T see in a haunted building that scares you." Its not too much of a hassle to map. Also if the player doesn't turn around, have it so that they need to come back to the hallway later on in the game, and then have it changed.

Ideas I had:

In the shadows you should have creatures hiding (the girl, a zombie, whatever) that don't attack but just watch you. Unnerve the player with the feeling that they're being watched. If the player focuses on the hider, the hider blurs out like it was never there, leaving the player wondering if he is seeing things or if it was real.

Another thing, one of the enemies in F.E.A.R I liked best were the Nightmares, those shadows that fly at you and if you shoot them dissipate. You should have some kind of enemy that does that in a similar manner, and if it reaches you, it goes into your body and poisons you like a poison headcrab. However, if you shoot it before it reaches you, it blurs out into the shadows it came from. I think this is good because you could have them coming from the walls where there are shadows, where the player wouldn't expect. After all, who expects a monster to come from a perfectly empty space? Oh, and make them SCREAM when they appear. The player will be frightened and disorientated, trying to determine the source of the scream, and all the while the shadow swoops down upon you.

Also, in some parts of the building, it should be raining indoors. That is well and truly insane. Have puddles, and have reskinned headcrabs come out of the puddles where the player doesn't expect it. Have a dark, shadowy, bloody, broken, evil, scary-looking door at the opposite end of the room. Then, when the player steps between two large puddles, headcrabs leap out at him.

I don't think hen can do the spirt from FEAR 2 beacuse, that would take (ima noob maper so im just going on insticts) a long time to create the models, and mabey take awhile to scipt it so it comes out of the wall and screams. The puddles, thats possible. Like a broken hole in the roof with rain comeing down. and headcrabs pop out of it.

I don't think hen can do the spirt from FEAR 2 beacuse, that would take (ima noob maper so im just going on insticts) a long time to create the models, and mabey take awhile to scipt it so it comes out of the wall and screams. The puddles, thats possible. Like a broken hole in the roof with rain comeing down. and headcrabs pop out of it.

Its actually quite simple. Modelling and scripting aside, it would be easy to have them come out the wall. Just have a secret pocket in the wall where the monster is, and set it to "start asleep." put a func_detail over the pocket that is textured the same as the rest of the wall. Then, behind the func_detail, put a block textured to nodraw, and set it to be passable by monsters only(alternatively, once the player triggers the monster to wake and attack, the nodraw can be set to a func_wall_toggle and toggle on when the monster is out.) Also, have said monster set to give out a sped-up, louder version of the FZ scream.