Hen7

Ideas needed

580 posts in this topic

don't you thing that a disturbing part would be overreacted.

i think it would be fine, this is a place for giving ideas not criticism, unless it is constructive criticism in which case i made my self look like an ass for trying to make you look like one. :P

don't you thing that a disturbing part would be overreacted.

What do you mean by "overreacted"? I'm just talking about disturbing noises.

You can try making a boss to fight at the end.

A boss fight in NH2? what could that be lol?

Hmm just asking but can you edit how much hp a certain npc has?

Hen,have you been planing to put Closed Captions/Subtitles in the mod?if you have not this may be a good idea...i think...

Hen,have you been planing to put Closed Captions/Subtitles in the mod?if you have not this may be a good idea...i think...

Yes, and I hope to have a other language translation pack later on, right now it's in English only.

Oh, so my Hebrew isn't good enough for you?!?!

I can do Bulgarian subtitles(not Closed Captions),but:

1.im 100% sure that nobody will use it.

2.I can't make subtitles.I can only translate...

One good way to disorientate players is to stick stuff at odd angles. For example, if either A) part of the hospital has/is collapsing or B) the laws of physics have just gone out to lunch, you could have an entire area at a slant. Remember that corridor in the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time, that twists? There's actually a little 3rd party program that would let you do that sort of thing with displacements, called Twister as memory serves (It deals in curving displacements. Useful program). Because nothing says 'even reality is trying to screw you over' like Mc Esher.

Another fun thing you could do is set up prop_dynamics with the zombies, using the idle pose for the 'slumping surprise' when they're playing dead. Unfamiliar players will think it's just another corpse, anyone with Half-Life experience will probably recognise it, thinking 'that's gonna get up and attack'. Place it conspicuously (so that even people who don't recognise the pose will realise something's up), add flickering lights, and puzzles / environments that force the player to look away from the corpse, and you have one very evil, and slightly meta, little situation, where the player is expecting something to attack... and it never actually does, toying with the player's preconceptions. Paranoia fuel, in other words.

I've got one. Idk if its been mentioned already but I've always wanted a horror gave to take advantage of the limited flashlight. Like flashlight dies player turn it back on and shes there! I know its hard to implement but I've thought of one way to accomplish this. Force the player down a pitch black hallway long enough to drain the battery fully. Then have the girl appear to scare the player when they turn the flashlight back on:D

Is it too late for one more idea?

What about:

1-zombies eat you alive before you die Green_Colorz_PDT_02.gif

1.5-you can see your body (being dismembered) but, of course(cuz it would ruin the game), you can NOT see the character's face!NEVER!!!

2-torturing machines able to kill you but you can use agains zombies Green_Colorz_PDT_01.gif

3-a bloody dimember slaughter moment Green_Colorz_PDT_39.gif

4-after a good time without scaring things, when the player think he's finally safe, in a comfortable enviroment, FREAKIN' DEMONIAC SOUNDS AND LOT OF BLOOD SPLAR CORPSES DEBRIS SCREAMS VOICES AND LOT OF DAMAGE TO THE PLAYER Green_Colorz_PDT_45.gif and than he got teleported to an area with a horde of slow zombies, but you're only 1 hit to die and you have a weak weapon (a.k.a. crowbar, pistol, etc) than if you let'em reach you, player dies(obviously) in a horrible way (a.k.a. my idea number 1)

BTW have NH2 new NPCs or just HL2Ep2 NPCs?

Sorry if it's bump

Juan a.k.a. NOOB a.k.a. Argentine guy

Oh, that reminds me. You once showed a picture showing L4D zombies instead of Headcrabless HL2 ones. Is this going to be in the final game? Or at least some other type of different zombies?

BTW have NH2 new NPCs or just HL2Ep2 NPCs?

Will you Hen answer my question?

Sorry if this sounds offensive or something like that, it should not...

Juan a.k.a. what I wrote on my last post smile.gif