Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JustAnotherGuy

Mxthe, when might Underhell's next chapter begin development?

11 posts in this topic

Hey!

After finishing Chapter One and crying in a corner shortly afterwards, I kept hoping for more. Chapter One was more scary, more brutal, and came with many improvements since the Prologue was released back in '11. The House and the area around it expanded and became more explorable, and I also got eaten by a ghoul once while visiting the sewers for the first time. Huh. I remember it like it was yesterday. Well, anyway, you get the point.

But really, Mxthe, when might you consider starting Chapter Two's development? You might not have decided yet, but it would be great for us if we knew.

Thanks,

~ Myself

Since chapter one took about 2 years I'm guessing about 2-3 years but this depends on if they are going to wait for it to be greenlit or the standalone gleenlit addition of chapter one comes out. 

If memory serves me right, this is what I remember about what they intend to do:

1. Break time to prepare to make Chapter 2.

2. Port Underhell as it stands to SDK13 as well as some bugfixing.

3. Work on Chapter 2 itself begins.

If trends continue logically, Chapter 2 should be out in roughly 3 years. The SDK13 port should be created in one. I base the timing of SDK13 on Fakefactory's work on his own mods; the devs won't be starting from scratch to port Underhell to SDK13, so porting would be faster than the making of Chapter 2. Of course, in the case of delays, I suspect that an upper bound creation date for the port would be 3 years. The upper bound for Chapter 2 would be 6 years; 10 years if one also includes whatever it was that made BM come out in 8.

So, the predicted release date I believe is between or at January 2017 to December 2023. The port would come out in January 2014 to December 2016.

So, the predicted release date I believe is between or at January 2017 to December 2023.

Oh no! By that time I'll be old and probably won't have that much time on my hands to even play it! :ohman:

So, the predicted release date I believe is between or at January 2017 to December 2023.

Oh no! By that time I'll be old and probably won't have that much time on my hands to even play it! :ohman:

My beating quota has now raised to fifty.