mustang-wolf

Underhell phone calls [MxThe, we need answers.] (SPOILERS)

11 posts in this topic

This guy answered the phone in chapter one and was greeted with this.

"Jake? Jake, It's Frank. Where are you, Jake? You're supposed to be THERE, Jake. Where the hell are you?! Jake, what's happening?!"

WHAT, THE FUCK, IS THIS?!

WE WATCHED HIM DIE, WE WATCHED HIS CHOPPER PLUMMET TO THE GROUND, WITH BODIES IN IT AFTER THE CRASH!

WHAT IS THIS?

Is Frank alive, or dead? Is this a recording played back over the phone?

Anyway, For this thread, you should either offer theories towards the call, or share your other very... Weird... Phone calls.

MxThe, what is going on?!

He answers the phone at 3:20

Okay, that really creeps me out. Like. REALLY creeps me out. :mellow:

Maybe this will eventually add up to something. I just hope Frank doesn't come back to haunt Jake in later chapters.

I doubt that Mxthe will give the answers just like that right now. We need to wait. And as far as we know waiting is hard.

I thought that the bathroom event is one of the rarest

You can forget what I said before. First time seeing that after dozens of House playthrough and therefore, I haven't encountered it...

I also remembered a very weird call from Mike.

"Hey Jake, it's me Mike. Ah, listen I'm uh...I'm sorry I haven't called you yet, I just uh...You know what I've been through...It's just too soon, I barely just got through it myself and...To see it happen to somebody else, to see it happen to you...well...I feel like I'm reliving it, you know I...it's been difficult to call you...I'm not...I'm not trying to make this about me, you know I just, I'm sorry for not calling sooner. You know I love you man...and you know we're here for you, and we're always willing to... [pauses for a couple seconds] What the hell is that? Oh God. Is it...night already?"

And right after this call I heard water splash in the kitchen (but later I realised it was the sink scare) and the night has fallen immediatly.

I also went through Underhell's files to find the phonecall so I could listen to it without interference from the video.

The file is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\sourcemods\Underhell\sound\vo\phonecalls\Chapter1\Message4.wav

One more thing. I read on the wiki [After doing some edits including adding the phone call to the quotes and adding the actual phone call to the triva, as the phone call only listed the caption of (...) when listed in the trivia section] that there was one body missing from the chopper.  The body that should be in Frank's seat.

Frank was not in the helicopter after it went down.

Guys... I don't think Frank is dead.

One more thing. I read on the wiki [After doing some edits including adding the phone call to the quotes and adding the actual phone call to the triva, as the phone call only listed the caption of (...) when listed in the trivia section] that there was one body missing from the chopper.  The body that should be in Frank's seat.

Frank was not in the helicopter after it went down.

Guys... I don't think Frank is dead.

I'm sure none of us do. After being such a big character in not only the prologue but being referenced in Ch1 as well as being such an important role in Jakes life too. It'd be strange for him to be killed off almost immediately.

Shit, that's a message? It could be Frank's alive and trying to tell Jake, and it could support the theory that The House isn't completely real.

I know Frank's story isn't over, but I always figured it would just continue past his death. And why would he cease contact with Matt, his agent then? Faking his own death to leave the CIA? Trying to help Jake stop this big conspiracy he's slowly uncovering?