Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheFlyingTimbus

Something strange

22 posts in this topic

This happened quite a while back, though it hadn't occurred to me then that I might post it on the forums.

I'm unsure of what version this happened in, but it happened in the house (during prologue, I believe) when I walked outside into the backyard through the backyard door.

Once I hit the grass, I heard a splash sound (like if you fell into water) and time slowed down (slow-mo didn't activate, but host_timescale was reduced). The screen faded to white, then suddenly went back to normal vision and normal time.

This happened a few times, but only when I walked from inside the house to outside, and only through the backyard door.

It hasn't been happening anymore, though I have a theory for it.

The only two places in the house (that I know of) with water is the bathtub in the bathroom next to the bedroom, and the sewers where Angelo is. Considering how far away the sewers are from the house, and that this probably happened in the Prologue stage where it is not accessible, I am going to guess that something happened with the bathtub. Perhaps something got in, or got out. Maybe try jumping into the bathtub water and see if anything happens?

Perhaps a rare easter egg, or scripted event, or just simply accidentally triggered. It may just be a bug, something that wasn't ever intended to actually happen in the game, who knows? Though I have played through the game a few times and haven't ever had a similar event triggered.

Just the sink scare, man. Don't worry. I had the same thought until the third time it happened, in which I saw her. Didn't do dishes for an entire week after that.

Is the scare of the sink. if you look for the sinc when this happens she leaves him.

It's the kitchen sink scare. If you are looking at the sink when this happens, you will see her pop out.

Just the sink scare, man. Don't worry. I had the same thought until the third time it happened, in which I saw her. Didn't do dishes for an entire week after that.

Isn't that scare in the Chapter 1 House? He's saying he's in the Prologue House.

Is the scare of the sink. if you look for the sinc when this happens she leaves him.

It's the kitchen sink scare. If you are looking at the sink when this happens, you will see her pop out.

Isn't that scare in the Chapter 1 House? He's saying he's in the Prologue House.

Nearly positive this happened in prologue, though I could be wrong. Though still nearly completely sure of it.

I would walk out through here. Again, this only worked if I walked from INSIDE to OUTSIDE. Not sure if that's just my luck, but that's the only time it has happened to me, and it always seemed to activate when I touched the grass.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199721139

I am guessing you are also talking about THIS sink?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199721121

(Sorry for having to use links, don't know how else to upload/show)

Well, the issue with this being a sink scare is, the moment I walked out the door in the first picture, everything would slow down (host_timescale value reduces to 0.2-0.3 or so, I did test it) and immediately the screen would start fading to white. At 5 seconds everything would stop being visible, then 1 second later it would go back to normal. Even if there was a scare at the sink I wouldn't be able to go back to it fast enough in order to see it.

Nearly positive this happened in prologue, though I could be wrong. Though still nearly completely sure of it.

I would walk out through here. Again, this only worked if I walked from INSIDE to OUTSIDE. Not sure if that's just my luck, but that's the only time it has happened to me, and it always seemed to activate when I touched the grass.

Well, the issue with this being a sink scare is, the moment I walked out the door in the first picture, everything would slow down (host_timescale value reduces to 0.2-0.3 or so, I did test it) and immediately the screen would start fading to white. At 5 seconds everything would stop being visible, then 1 second later it would go back to normal. Even if there was a scare at the sink I wouldn't be able to go back to it fast enough in order to see it.

Wait... That is NOT the sink scare. You said slow-mo doesn't activate and it's just the host_timescale that is reduced?? There is no wavy things around your screen? And you say it fades to white?

Guys, this is the script from the beginning of chapter 1. Where you go off property and this happens. Why is it happening when he walks out his back door?

Wait... That is NOT the sink scare. You said slow-mo doesn't activate and it's just the host_timescale that is reduced?? There is no wavy things around your screen? And you say it fades to white?

Guys, this is the script from the beginning of chapter 1. Where you go off property and this happens. Why is it happening when he walks out his back door?

It's the sink scare.

It's the sink scare.

The sink scare activates bullettime. The only resemblance to the sink scare is the splash. This event causes the screen to fade to white to the point where you can no longer see, and the timescale is reduced. This is all the same as the walking off property event.

It's the sink scare.

The sink scare activates bullettime. The only resemblance to the sink scare is the splash. This event causes the screen to fade to white to the point where you can no longer see, and the timescale is reduced. This is all the same as the walking off property event.

I don't have anything to say, I just wanted to quote all these quotes.

It's the sink scare.

Damn ya! Really interesting find there.

It's the sink scare.

Never had the sink scare before. I'll wait till the update.

It's the sink scare.

happened to me, but only once and it was at night

It's the sink scare.

Just a few other things that might help give more detail on what happened.

1. I have never encountered the sink scare.

2. Walking off property does not fade INTO white, it flashes white and then fades back to normal, making you suddenly appear in the blinking light area.

3. When in the blinking light area, you still move faster than I did during that event.

4. This was not during the first playthrough. This happened during my second FULL playthrough before going into the underground complex (I did everything in the house before entering that area), however I did do several other replays in which I had to start all over again in the middle of some spot. This is because I did a lot of livestreams for friends who don't exactly have enough computing power to handle the game themselves (or were just simply too squeamish).

5. Since Mxthe isn't really clarifying that this was or wasn't intentional, though has taken notice to the thread, this may mean that this is not a glitch and may have something more to it... Just a guess, though, can't always be too sure.

A bit more off topic, but, found another easter egg of sorts nobody else has reported of yet.

View at own risk.

After poking around the game files, I found a few notepads. A few were warnings, others were notepads with chapter numbers on them, and inside it said how they weren't released yet. I figured that since he hid things in notepads, he must have hid something in the game. I went back to the tunnel at the end of the house in Chapter 1, the one you can't access yet, and used noclip to go through (hate me). What I saw was this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200425839

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200426041

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200426062

As you can see, much like in Nightmare House 2 (some sections of it at least) you may only see this figure by pointing a light at it.

The figure is Guilt, I am sure of that. Perhaps because I should feel guilty for cheating when the game asked me not to, and regret using noclip to get through.

...I don't.

Guilt behaves exactly like a citizen. It does no damage, and only follows you around. Walks when you are a short distance away, jogs at longer distances. It obeys the commands to send out and follow as well.

That's about it though.

Just a few other things that might help give more detail on what happened.

1. I have never encountered the sink scare.

2. Walking off property does not fade INTO white, it flashes white and then fades back to normal, making you suddenly appear in the blinking light area.

3. When in the blinking light area, you still move faster than I did during that event.

4. This was not during the first playthrough. This happened during my second FULL playthrough before going into the underground complex (I did everything in the house before entering that area), however I did do several other replays in which I had to start all over again in the middle of some spot. This is because I did a lot of livestreams for friends who don't exactly have enough computing power to handle the game themselves (or were just simply too squeamish).

5. Since Mxthe isn't really clarifying that this was or wasn't intentional, though has taken notice to the thread, this may mean that this is not a glitch and may have something more to it... Just a guess, though, can't always be too sure.

A bit more off topic, but, found another easter egg of sorts nobody else has reported of yet.

View at own risk.

After poking around the game files, I found a few notepads. A few were warnings, others were notepads with chapter numbers on them, and inside it said how they weren't released yet. I figured that since he hid things in notepads, he must have hid something in the game. I went back to the tunnel at the end of the house in Chapter 1, the one you can't access yet, and used noclip to go through (hate me). What I saw was this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200425839

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200426041

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=200426062

As you can see, much like in Nightmare House 2 (some sections of it at least) you may only see this figure by pointing a light at it.

The figure is Guilt, I am sure of that. Perhaps because I should feel guilty for cheating when the game asked me not to, and regret using noclip to get through.

...I don't.

Guilt behaves exactly like a citizen. It does no damage, and only follows you around. Walks when you are a short distance away, jogs at longer distances. It obeys the commands to send out and follow as well.

That's about it though.

Ooohhhhh frick. Maybe we're going to see guilt in the tunnel next house level. This is gonna suck. :lol:

I wonder where that tunnel leads. Power Station maybe?

Angelo said they ran surveillance from a power plant, and the tunnel goes in the general direction of what looks like a power plant. I'll bet in Chapter 2 you visit there to find out what they were doing.

Angelo said they ran surveillance from a power plant, and the tunnel goes in the general direction of what looks like a power plant. I'll bet in Chapter 2 you visit there to find out what they were doing.

Oh hohoho! This is gonna get good.... and horrible. I nearly died in the sewers with (Michael :lol:)Angelo, now a full running guilt monster.... Welp, I still got a few years to wait for it.

Oh hohoho! This is gonna get good.... and horrible. I nearly died in the sewers with (Michael :lol:)Angelo, now a full running guilt monster.... Welp, I still got a few years to wait for it.

By the way... Is it really JUST me, or does Angelo look at least a little similar to the Guilt monster? I swear, the skin on both of them look almost identical... Maybe it's just me though, it's not like you can get a very good look at Angelo without activating the blur effect. Evidence does lead toward Frank having shot, burned, and buried Angelo and the 2 others in the well. Maybe Jake was a part of it, and that's the guilt he felt. I mean, if you walk around the forest at night, you WILL hear footsteps, and looking in their direction will spawn Guilt in front of you for a split second. Maybe not though, as it could be his Father's guilt catching up to him, or guilt over his wife's death. Or all of them, who knows.

Guilt might actually appear in at least the tunnels going to the power station. It started appearing out of the dream world already, why not next time? Though we will probably see a different monster this time... Or, maybe, no monster at all. There was never a real threat in the prologue, other than some events which will cause you to go to suddenly wake up in your bed again, but it wasn't a monster stalking you either. Maybe in the power station you get chased by Frank, re-living the memories of the three people down in the well, perhaps like Cyrostasis or something. Might be fun, and it'd be interesting to see a "What are you looking at?" easter egg reference in his dialogue, while he is searching or something. Speaking of Frank... Has anyone answered the phone and gotten a call from him? The text dialogue box just appears as "..." and you hear lots of static behind Frank talking, who seems to be frightened or depressed. He asks Jake where he is, and tells him he's "supposed to be down here" which is most likely the hospital from the prologue.

...Man, I ramble sometimes.

By the way... Is it really JUST me, or does Angelo look at least a little similar to the Guilt monster? I swear, the skin on both of them look almost identical... Maybe it's just me though, it's not like you can get a very good look at Angelo without activating the blur effect. Evidence does lead toward Frank having shot, burned, and buried Angelo and the 2 others in the well. Maybe Jake was a part of it, and that's the guilt he felt. I mean, if you walk around the forest at night, you WILL hear footsteps, and looking in their direction will spawn Guilt in front of you for a split second. Maybe not though, as it could be his Father's guilt catching up to him, or guilt over his wife's death. Or all of them, who knows.

Guilt might actually appear in at least the tunnels going to the power station. It started appearing out of the dream world already, why not next time? Though we will probably see a different monster this time... Or, maybe, no monster at all. There was never a real threat in the prologue, other than some events which will cause you to go to suddenly wake up in your bed again, but it wasn't a monster stalking you either. Maybe in the power station you get chased by Frank, re-living the memories of the three people down in the well, perhaps like Cyrostasis or something. Might be fun, and it'd be interesting to see a "What are you looking at?" easter egg reference in his dialogue, while he is searching or something. Speaking of Frank... Has anyone answered the phone and gotten a call from him? The text dialogue box just appears as "..." and you hear lots of static behind Frank talking, who seems to be frightened or depressed. He asks Jake where he is, and tells him he's "supposed to be down here" which is most likely the hospital from the prologue.

...Man, I ramble sometimes.

Yeah I encountered that call and made a thread about it. I transcribed everything he said. http://forums.wecreatestuff.com/index.php?/topic/76824-underhell-phone-calls-mxthe-we-need-answers-spoilers/

LOLS