Fredrik

Guide to solve problems in Nightmare House 2

36 posts in this topic

I followed all the directions in the PDF listed by Fredrik and the game is playable.  However, I have floating, blinking red error sounds. Right at the beginning of the game, they are I guess what a fence is made out of? I'm not sure but if anyone knows how to fill in the textures or models I'm missing, that would be super helpful.  I tried copy and pasting files from Half Life 2 Episode 2 but there are still items missing.

This is what the red errors look like.  I copy and pasted the models and texture folders from HL2 EP 2 and SDK 2013 Single Player and I still get these. zmGNe6s.jpg

The errors above are treemodel. They are called tree_pine and shall be from Half Life Episode 1

You find them in Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life 2\episodic\ep1_pak_dir.vpk

They shall also be included in: Steam\steamapps\common\Source SDK Base 2007\ep1_pak_dir

Weird that your game can´t mount those from ep1_pak_dir, have you mounted the folder in your gameinfo ?

It can be that valve updated source sdk 2013 to not include all of the files bur I don´t think so :/

model names:

models/props_foliage/tree_pine_tall_cluster_01.md

models/props_foliage/tree_pine_03.mdl

models/props_foliage/tree_pine_01.mdl

models/props_foliage/bramble001a.mdl

models/props_foliage/tree_pine_02.mdl

If you google for "props_foliage" you will probably find a download if non of above will work :)

At first, NH2 had problems that would not allow it to start, but with the help you have given me i actually managed to make it to the main menu, and started a new game. At the point right after the crash, where you are supposed to start moving, I am not able to move at all. I cant walk or i cant look around, yet the game is still working because i am able to press esc to go to the pause menu and save and stuff. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

At first, NH2 had problems that would not allow it to start, but with the help you have given me i actually managed to make it to the main menu, and started a new game. At the point right after the crash, where you are supposed to start moving, I am not able to move at all. I cant walk or i cant look around, yet the game is still working because i am able to press esc to go to the pause menu and save and stuff. Do you have any idea what is wrong?

The problem occurs if you by accident overwrite any of the files in the /scripts-folder. If you followed fix/workaround #1 the possibility that you actually did gets bigger.

mrdragon481 had the same problem and made a video about it, you find it here (scroll down the page): http://forums.wecrea...nt-move-in-nh2/

You can also try to overwrite your scripts-folder in sourcemods\NH2 with the folder that you find in the archive (NightmareHouse2_1.0.rar)

http://www.moddb.com...-release-10-rar

You can also uninstall the mod (deleting the folder) and reinstall it from the archive above. After doing this read this PDF:

http://www.leemann.s...-2014-09-09.pdf

Thank you for helping me get this game running. In return i was able to help solve an issue in regards to errors in the game.

for some people (including myself) after adding the hl2 ep 2 materials into the game got it to run, but still saw errors in regards to hl2 ep1.

As a fix to this if you followed #Fix 1 

after adding in the textures for episode 2, You need to use the half life 2 ep one gcf file. and do the same process

extract

models

particles

materials

sounds

scripts

and follow the same process.

if you dont have episode 1 you can use http://cscheater.era.ee/ to get the materials for hl2 episode 1 and one these are extracted the final errors should be gone.

with regards to Fredrik's post in Jan. of 2014, only two of the five texture folders indicated are necessary: models & materials...the others tend to cause further conflicts...no errors...no crashes...no shit!

FUCK this game. 3 days trying to get this piece of shit to work. These people can't release something that works.oh no they cant even make a proper mod that doesnt require a shitload of complicated bullshit to get it to work. I followed everything in the guide, all the work arounds all the fixes, downloaded all the source kits, reinstalled uninstalled reinstalled and nothing. these assholes just made a bullshit mod and just abandoned it. Not even tried to fix it. We Create Stuff? no, "We Create Broken Stuff". I tried so hard  to play this game, to get it to work, but I can't. I give up. 3 days straight and nothing. And that Nightmare House Fixed download is BROKEN. It keeps downloading corrupted files for me. So Fuck it.