JustAnotherGuy

Jake's Guilt *Spoilers* - My Conclusion

8 posts in this topic

I decided to start up a fresh new game of Underhell today, and then I later heard one of Matthew's conversations with Brian

in the second saferoom ... about his wife.

^

The words that Matthew had used to describe the behavior of

his "wife"

made me stop and think about the relationship between Jake and Her. The point is, what if Jake did something to hurt "Her" ? Is that why she is haunting him (or at least in his subconciousness)? I understand that the ending (or last few minutes) of Chapter Two's small teaser is supposed to symbolize Jake letting go of his Guilt, but I still don't see why he felt so guilty. It could be the guilt over his wife's death that may be feeling or so I have heard; I was simply assuming that it could be related to their relationship somehow.

Anyone have any info or ideas regarding this? I'm getting nostalgic here.

Is that why she is haunting him (or at least in his subconciousness)?

And this is a very good point you made here (about subconsciousness). That's right. She's evil only in Jake's mind. What happens if She gets him in The House? He wakes up! That explains pretty much.

In my opinion Jake feels guilty simply because he couldn't prevent Her death. He is (or rather was :P) a SWAT operative. He probably managed to save countless hostages, but wasn't able to save his own wife.

Also about "Jake killed Her" theory, I completely disagree. Mainly because if it was him, he wouldn't

call for his private detective - Josh Hammond

and I don't believe that Jake is some kind of crafty scumbag.

Moreover, if

Josh discovered that something's "not adding up" about Her death,

I think that it wasn't an ordinary suicide. Maybe She was forced somehow? I can't wait to find out. Maybe Chapter Two will bring some information.

Is that why she is haunting him (or at least in his subconciousness)?

And this is a very good point you made here (about subconsciousness). That's right. She's evil only in Jake's mind. What happens if She gets him in The House? He wakes up! That explains pretty much.

In my opinion Jake feels guilty simply because he couldn't prevent Her death. He is (or rather was :P) a SWAT operative. He probably managed to save countless hostages, but wasn't able to save his own wife.

Also about "Jake killed Her" theory, I completely disagree. Mainly because if it was him, he wouldn't

call for his private detective - Josh Hammond

and I don't believe that Jake is some kind of crafty scumbag.

Moreover, if

Josh discovered that something's "not adding up" about Her death,

I think that it wasn't an ordinary suicide. Maybe She was forced somehow? I can't wait to find out. Maybe Chapter Two will bring some information.

I agree that this wasn't some ordinary suicide. Also, I was probably overthinking it when I mentioned that Jake could have done something to "hurt" or kill his wife. Sorry about the confusion there. :uhhh:

Speaking of ordinary, Frank's Killer obviously wasn't some ordinary killer.

You weren't even fighting those super-high-tech deus-ex guys earlier in the story.

I'm not saying that they weren't Ito's men, but I would assume that they are

simply based on the fact that they tried to capture Mia (just like Ito wanted to as well) later on.

And if i'm correct, if Ito knew

about Frank's relationship with Tom Hawkfield and/or the whereabouts of his son, I feel that he is somewhat responsible for the death of Jake's wife and probably expected him to leave home that day just so he could grab Jake's attention.

Anyways, i'm sure that we'll get more information by the time Chapter Two is released!

Again, I apologize for the long amount of text. :punched:

Again, I apologize for the long amount of text. :punched:

WAT? It's nothing to apologize for :D

Speaking of ordinary, Frank's Killer obviously wasn't some ordinary killer.

Of course. Also, this is another proof that the Chapter One was taking place under The City, not in Arizona. If "ACE Assembly Line" would be in Arizona, who would be interested in transporting one of them all the way to The City, ONLY to kill one guy - Frank Greene? :P

probably expected him to leave home that day just so he could grab Jake's attention.

Hmm... I'm not so sure. In Prologue, Ito's men were simply realizing

"Code Red"

in the facility and I don't think that Ito wanted Jake to come here and slaughter many of his men

(including Danko).

For the first time, Jake was gassed with the virus because one of the soldiers was too furious at him for killing so many of their men. This guy disobeyed Ito - he exposed someone (in this case - Jake) without direct order from his superior.

But AFTER Jake's reaction (supernatural unbelievable massacre) Ito became interested about Jake's immunity for the virus (and obviously - much more). He ordered his men to capture Jake and throw him into prison in A.R.C. in Arizona. At least that was what Jake thought. In fact, this facility was (probably) U.D.R.C. and was placed not in Arizona, but under The City. Meanwhile, SWAT guys infiltrated the facility and took Jake to the police department (for the first time), but before Jake was even able to meet Micheal (or anyone else), he was captured by Ito's men and Chapter One started.

Sorry for such large off-top, but it was probably necessary to explain few things :P

But maybe you're right. Maybe Ito knew about Jake even before Frank called him at the very beginning of the game?

There are so many unexpected connections, that it wouldn't be very surprising.

Bryan ===(is probably brother of)===> Jessica ===(was friend of)===> "Her"

Raito ===(is brother of)===> Mia ===(was friend of)===> "Her"

Matthew ===(his superior was)===> Frank ===(was friend/mentor of)===> Jake

So quite a few characters are somehow conneted with "Her". I hope it's not a coincidence!

I have a feeling that the plot in Chapter Two will get EVEN MORE complex, epic and serious.

Returning to Jake's guilt, I'm really curious why

The Guilt appeared behind Jake when he opened Tom's journal :/

I suspect that Guilt is Jake when gassed.

Perhaps Jake was gassed and went on those murder sprees at the end of the Prologue. Tom brought Jake out and took the blame for Jake killing everyone.

How would Ito know about Jake way before all of this? He said himself that he would've personally put a bullet in his head if he didn't know about the thing that happened to you.

After 4th reading of TOM H Journal you can see a Guilt in test tube so i think that Guilt is Jake's mind reaction to scary/hard moments and the origin of it releated to the labs.

Did you guys looked at the menu? It shows all the story!

Jake and "she" are in a party at their house (or some reunion, don't know), and jake keep waiting for "her" to dress up (womans..). After a long time, he goes check and see that "she" is at the bathroom taking a shower on loads of blood, he cries. 

Jake didn't liked that, he keep remembering his friends, his family, but after all, he can't miss her

-Why you did that to me?

He throwed a painting on the wall.

-Why can't I have a normal life???

(My interpretation, it was all on the main menu.)